Arbor View is an average-sized facility located in Arvada, Colorado. This facility was given an overall grade of D, which is a subpar score. At the end of the day, we would struggle to recommend this place. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Arbor View has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this facility well overall, we want to point out its decent government inspections in recent years. We awarded it a somewhat respectable score of B- in that category. We would argue that one of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially focus on the severity of those deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of B- for that category, which is not a bad score. Nursing scores are primarily tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Arbor View?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received its next highest category grade in the area of short-term care. We gave this facility a B- in this area, which is a respectable score. With our short-term care rating, we try to craft a sound measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess a nursing home's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored is long-term care. In this category, we gave this facility a grade of B-. Long-term care grades are typically used to grade a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services offered by a rehabilitation facility. After considering the quantity of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinated 95.85799 percent of its residents for pneumonia. This nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arbor View Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arbor View, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arbor View, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents that experienced falls which resulted in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arbor View, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arbor View, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arbor View, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arbor View, 3.81% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Increased levels of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arbor View, 84.99% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arbor View, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arbor View, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term patients who retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that mobility is vital to patients mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arbor View, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arbor View, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.95 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- Uchealth Broomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away11820 Destination Drive Broomfield Colorado 80021Proprietary(303) 460-6000
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Orthocolorado Hospital at St Anthony Med CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.86 miles away11650 West 2nd Place Denver Colorado 80228Proprietary(720) 321-5000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.1 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.28 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.38 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Arvada Dialysis Center (Dva)1.75 miles away9950 W 80th Ave Ste 25 Arvada Colorado 80005Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 456-9556
- Kidney Center of Arvada (Ara)2.36 miles away5265 Vance St Arvada Colorado 80002CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 403-1127
- Kidney Center of Westminster (Ara)3.57 miles away8410 Decatur St Ste 200 Westminster Colorado 80031CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-6518
- Kidney Center of Wheat Ridge (Ara)3.99 miles away6920 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 463-3041
- Thornton Dialysis (Dva)5.18 miles away8800 Fox Dr Denver Colorado 80260CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-7020
- Lakewood Dialysis (Dva)5.64 miles away1750 Pierce St Denver Colorado 80214CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 238-6111
- Mile High Pd (Dva)5.64 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939
- Thornton Kidney Center LLC (Ara)5.68 miles away8451 Pearl Street Denver Colorado 80229Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 227-9981