Ararat Nursing Facility is a very-large facility in Mission Hills, California. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B-. A score in this range requires some decent scores. Based on our ratings, this facility ought to meet the needs of many people. The best part of this facility's report card is is its long-term care score. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Ararat Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Mission Hills senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home really performed well in long-term care. In fact, we awarded it an impressive grade of A- for that area. This salvaged its overall profile. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
This nursing home also excelled in nursing, where it earned an B+. Few places performed better in this category. Nursing scores are largely tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Ararat Nursing Facility?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This is a very respectable nursing score. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be quite minor. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Our last category is short-term care, where we awarded this nursing home a grade of C in this area. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. We were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last metric we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that just 2.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ararat Nursing Facility Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ararat Nursing Facility, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ararat Nursing Facility, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often associated with poor nursing care. More supervision limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ararat Nursing Facility, 2.86% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who have experienced urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ararat Nursing Facility, 13.41% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ararat Nursing Facility, 5.53% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ararat Nursing Facility, 0% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ararat Nursing Facility, 100% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ararat Nursing Facility, 9.4% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ararat Nursing Facility, 5.91% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Ararat Nursing Facility, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ararat Nursing Facility, 5.91% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ararat Nursing Facility, 6.11% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ararat Nursing Facility, 79.72% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
- Providence Holy Cross Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.24 miles away15031 Rinaldi St Mission Hills California 91346Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 365-8051
- Lac/Olive View-Ucla Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.2 miles away14445 Olive View Drive Sylmar California 91342Voluntary non-profit - Other(818) 364-1555
- Pacifica Hospital of the ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 4.77 miles away9449 San Fernando Rd Sun Valley California 91352Proprietary(818) 767-3310
- Northridge Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.76 miles away18300 Roscoe Blvd Northridge California 91325Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 885-8500
- Sherman Oaks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.47 miles away4929 Van Nuys Blvd Sherman Oaks California 91403Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 981-7111
- Providence Tarzana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.6 miles away18321 Clark Street Tarzana California 91356Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 881-0800
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 11.64 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 15.03 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Nrc-Sylmar Dialysis, LLC0.94 miles away12151 San Fernando Rd. Sylmar California 91342CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (818) 465-9464
- Fmc-San Fernando1.09 miles away451 S. Brand Blvd., Suite 100 San Fernando California 91340CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 837-9980
- Fmc-Rai-South Brand-San Fernando1.09 miles away501 S. Brand Blvd. San Fernando California 91340Dialysis Stations: 5 (818) 365-5270
- Holy Cross Renal Center1.18 miles away14901 Rinaldi Street, Suite 100 Mission Hills California 91345CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 52 (818) 365-6961
- Fmc-Mission Hills1.18 miles away11550 Indian Hills Road, Suite 100 Mission Hills California 91345CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (818) 898-1724
- Nrc-Kidney Care Center of North Valley, Inc2.69 miles away16907 Devonshire Street Granada Hills California 91344CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (818) 366-4600
- u.s. Renal Care Panorama City Dialysis4.25 miles away14600 Roscoe Blvd. Panorama City California 91402CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 901-9822
- u.s. Renal Care Northridge Dialysis4.66 miles away18546 Roscoe Blvd., Suite 108 Northridge California 91324CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 886-3771