Apollo Health and Rehabilitation Center is one of 27 nursing homes located in Saint Petersburg, Florida. The city has far more options compared to most areas in the country. This facility was awarded an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road score. This place seems to have some things working in its favor. The best part of this place's profile is is its long-term care rating. We discuss long-term care in the next section.
Apollo Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's long-term care score outpaced its overall score. In fact, we gave it a B for its long-term care score. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 98.333336 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a life or death condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. Nursing scores are mostly tied to a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Apollo Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a respectable grade in the category of short-term care, where it received a grade of C. Short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 4.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below the national average.
The last category we looked at is inspections. Inspection grades are based on a nursing home's recent inspections. This nursing home received a C in this category. We believe that one of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially focus on the severity of those deficiencies. This place had 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were in categories G through L. This means that inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent danger to resident safety or health. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Apollo Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Apollo Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Apollo Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who sustained a fall leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Apollo Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Apollo Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who were administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Apollo Health and Rehabilitation Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Apollo Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.43% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating signs of depression. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Apollo Health and Rehabilitation Center, 94.61% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Apollo Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Apollo Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Apollo Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Apollo Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Apollo Health and Rehabilitation Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 26 other nursing homes
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.88 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 1.9 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 1.91 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.63 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.11 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.97 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.22 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.2 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- St Petersburg Dialysis1.09 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- St Petersburg South Dialysis1.29 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- St Petersburg Kidney Care1.54 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg1.55 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- H Street North - St Petersburg1.67 miles away635 4th St No Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (727) 821-4654
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Dialysis1.83 miles away501 6th Ave S 6500000410 Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 7 (727) 767-4166
- Fresenius Kidney Care-St Petersburg2.2 miles away446 4th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 896-5500
- St Petersburg Kidney Care South3.63 miles away4050 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 867-1279