Aperion Care Plum Grove is a small facility located in Palatine, Illinois. Sporting an overall grade of C, this is likely a solid facility. Based on our assessment, this nursing home should be a solid choice for most people. The best part of this nursing home's report card is is its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Aperion Care Plum Grove
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
24 South Plum Grove Road,
Palatine IL 60067
87.24% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received an inspection grade which is better than its overall rating. Inspection scores are associated with the facility's recent health inspections. We awarded this nursing home a very solid grade of B+ in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be relatively insignificant. While this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple of minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. Nursing scores are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Aperion Care Plum Grove?
Long-term Care Quality
The next highest category we awarded this nursing home in any area came in the area of long-term care, where we gave it a B-. For patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 79.111115 percent of its residents. This is quite a bit below what we were hoping for. Nevertheless, this facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is short-term care. For this category, we gave this facility a C. In computing these short-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to formulate a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. The final measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aperion Care Plum Grove Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 30.45% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. High rates of depression could be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 87.4% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Some would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 3.95 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.96 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 9.01 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.1 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.37 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.79 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Fmc - Palatine Dialysis Center2.2 miles away691 East Dundee Road Palatine Illinois 60074CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (847) 963-4299
- Fmc - Rolling Meadows2.36 miles away4180 Winnetka Ave. Rolling Meadows Illinois 60008CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 394-6250
- Davita - Buffalo Grove Dialysis3.57 miles away1291 West Dundee Road Buffalo Grove Illinois 60089CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 253-9400
- Fmc - Hoffman Estates5.03 miles away3150 W Higgins Rd Suite 190 Schaumburg Illinois 60195CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 310-0074
- Davita - Arlington Heights Dialysis5.39 miles away17 W Golf Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 437-2188
- Fmc - Mount Prospect5.89 miles away1710 West Golf Road Mount Prospect Illinois 60056Dialysis Stations: 8 (847) 640-7101
- Ara - South Barrington Dialysis Center6.98 miles away33 W Higgins Road, Suites 920-945 Barrington Illinois 60010Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 783-4700
- Davita - Schaumburg Renal Center7.42 miles away1156 S. Roselle Rd. Schaumburg Illinois 60193CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (847) 524-4310