Aperion Care Plum Grove is a small facility located in Palatine, Illinois. Sporting an overall grade of D, this is a well below average facility. Keep in mind that Palatine received a city grade of B-, so should consider other options in the city as well. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its strong inspection reports. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Aperion Care Plum Grove
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not a highlight, it actually received a very good grade in the category of inspections. We awarded it a B+ for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection grades are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. You should especially avoid facilities that have severe deficiencies associated with risks to resident well being. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
We also want to point out that this facility received a decent grade in our nursing category. We awarded it a grade of C in the area. Nursing grades are largely associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a relatively low total compared with most other facilities. Lastly, our nursing ratings also consider quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often an indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a facility provides enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Aperion Care Plum Grove?
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home's third best category is long-term care. As it turns out, with a D in this area, it still performed relatively poorly. Nursing homes that don't fare well in long-term care typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Frankly, we were a bit alarmed this facility gave the vaccine to only 79.81651 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is short-term care, in which this nursing home received a poor grade in this category as well. We gave it an F for this area, which is obviously very concerning. In determining our short-term care scores, we size up a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is more often than not a solid assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Not surprisingly, we discovered that this facility offers far less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the average nursing home. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aperion Care Plum Grove Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 29.8% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 87.49% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aperion Care Plum Grove, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 3.95 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.96 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 9.01 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.1 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.37 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.79 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Fmc - Palatine Dialysis Center2.2 miles away691 East Dundee Road Palatine Illinois 60074CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (847) 963-4299
- Fmc - Rolling Meadows2.36 miles away4180 Winnetka Ave. Rolling Meadows Illinois 60008CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 394-6250
- Davita - Buffalo Grove Dialysis3.57 miles away1291 West Dundee Road Buffalo Grove Illinois 60089CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 253-9400
- Fmc - Hoffman Estates5.03 miles away3150 W Higgins Rd Suite 190 Schaumburg Illinois 60195CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 310-0074
- Davita - Arlington Heights Dialysis5.39 miles away17 W Golf Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 437-2188
- Fmc - Mount Prospect5.89 miles away1710 West Golf Road Mount Prospect Illinois 60056Dialysis Stations: 8 (847) 640-7101
- Ara - South Barrington Dialysis Center6.98 miles away33 W Higgins Road, Suites 920-945 Barrington Illinois 60010Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 783-4700
- Davita - Schaumburg Renal Center7.42 miles away1156 S. Roselle Rd. Schaumburg Illinois 60193CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (847) 524-4310