Aperion Care Midlothian is a senior living facility located in Midlothian, Illinois, a city with a total of 26,057 people. With a really poor overall grade of F, this facility didn't fare well in our assessment. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in Midlothian. The city has just two other nursing homes. Finally, we were surprised to learn that this facility received a decent score in the area of long-term care. You can find additional information on this category below.
Aperion Care Midlothian
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
As it turns out, this facility only received a grade of D for its short-term care rating, which is actually one of its better category grades. In forming these short-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to create a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. As you might expect, we found that this nursing home provides substantially less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the typical facility. The last metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Aperion Care Midlothian?
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this facility an F in the area of long-term care. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care grades. After considering the volume of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinated 97.53846 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
The final category we looked at is nursing, in which this facility was given an abysmal score in this category also. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F for this area, which is definitely a major concern. The nursing grade weighs several subcategories. The most important factor is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. With just 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident daily, this facility's nurse staffing levels were significantly below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This facility fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these statistics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aperion Care Midlothian Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aperion Care Midlothian, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay patients which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aperion Care Midlothian, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are often associated with lower quality nursing care. More supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aperion Care Midlothian, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better nursing care minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aperion Care Midlothian, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aperion Care Midlothian, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aperion Care Midlothian, 29.8% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aperion Care Midlothian, 87.49% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aperion Care Midlothian, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aperion Care Midlothian, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aperion Care Midlothian, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
- Ingalls Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.49 miles away1 Ingalls Drive Harvey Illinois 60426Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 333-2300
- Advocate South Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.03 miles away17800 S Kedzie Ave Hazel Crest Illinois 60429Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 799-8000
- Roseland Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.13 miles away45 W 111th Street Chicago Illinois 60628Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 995-3000
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Little Company of Mary HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park Illinois 60805Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 422-6200
- Advocate Christ Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.8 miles away4440 W 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 684-8000
- Franciscan Health HammondAcute Care Hospitals 9.24 miles away5454 Hohman Ave Hammond Indiana 46320Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 932-2300
- Advocate Trinity HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.85 miles away2320 E 93rd St Chicago Illinois 60617Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 967-5002
- Beverly Dialysis1.36 miles away8109 South Western Ave Chicago Illinois 60620CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 778-0173
- Concerto Dialysis2.24 miles away14255 S Cicero Ave Midlothian Illinois 60445Dialysis Stations: 9 (847) 233-1200
- Fmc - Crestwood2.25 miles away4815 Midlothian Turnpike Midlothian Illinois 60445CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 293-1665
- Fmc - Oak Forest3.18 miles away5340a W 159th Street Oak Forest Illinois 60452Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 535-0080
- Davita - Harvey Dialysis3.42 miles away16641 S. Halsted St., Ste A Harvey Illinois 60426Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 210-9500
- Fmc - Blue Island Dialysis Center3.56 miles away12200 South Western Ave. Blue Island Illinois 60406CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (708) 597-9933
- Fresenius Medical Care Chicagoland, LLC3.7 miles away17524 Carriage Way Hazel Crest Illinois 60429Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 798-2899
- Fmc - Merrionette Park3.98 miles away11630 South Kedzie Alsip Illinois 60803CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 389-9099