Aperion Care Forest Park is a very-large facility located in Forest Park, Illinois. This nursing home received an F, which is just about as bad as it gets in our grading scheme. Based on our analysis, this place likely isn't a good fit for any prospective resident. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is short-term care, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Aperion Care Forest Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Aperion Care Forest Park has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Forest Park senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Neither this facility's overall grade nor its category scores gave us anything positive to point out. Its best category was short-term care, but even there it received a D. This is still a poor score. Our short-term care scores are thought to be most critical for individuals needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. As you might expect, we learned that this place offers significantly less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average facility. The final measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients who returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 5.2 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below the national average.
This facility's second best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. Nursing ratings are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Aperion Care Forest Park?
We wanted to point out this nursing home's inspection rating where it received a lowly F. This typically means we found some red flags on the inspection reports. When a facility has this bad of an inspection grade, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This particular nursing home had 7 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they created a threat to resident health or safety. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next area, this facility really didn't perform very well here either. Due to a very poor grade of F in long-term care, this is about as as uninspiring as it gets. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it typically means the facility did not perform well in our quality measures relating to patient care. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to just 85.08634 percent of its patients, which is several points lower than we expected. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aperion Care Forest Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care patients which developed pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which have sustained urinary tract infections. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term patients who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 31.81% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 87.05% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.56 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.5 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.23 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.81 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- West Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.12 miles away3 Erie Court Oak Park Illinois 60302Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 383-6200
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.13 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Loretto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away645 South Central Ave Chicago Illinois 60644Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 626-4300
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.58 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Loyola Center for Dialysis1.12 miles away1201 W Roosevelt Rd Maywood Illinois 60153CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (708) 531-7050
- Maple Avenue Kidney Center1.47 miles away610 S Maple Avenue, Suite 4100 Oak Park Illinois 60304Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 660-4100
- Fmc - Berwyn1.92 miles away2601 S Harlem Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (708) 484-7300
- Fmc - Oak Park Dialysis Unit1.95 miles away733 West Madison Street Oak Park Illinois 60302Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 386-8757
- Fmc - River Forest Dialysis2.03 miles away103 Forest Avenue River Forest Illinois 60305CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 488-9258
- Fmc - Neomedica - Melrose Park2.22 miles away1111 Superior St Ste 204 Melrose Park Illinois 60160CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 338-1780
- Fmc - West Suburban Dialysis Center3.16 miles away518 N Austin Suite 5000 Oak Park Illinois 60302CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (708) 386-5550
- Fmc - North Avenue Dialysis Center3.64 miles away911 W. North Avenue Melrose Park Illinois 60160CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (708) 344-6122