Aperion Care Forest Park is a very-large facility located in Forest Park, Illinois. This nursing home received an F, which is just about as bad as it gets in our grading scheme. Based on our analysis, this place likely isn't a good fit for any prospective resident. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is short-term care, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Aperion Care Forest Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Neither this facility's overall grade nor its category scores gave us anything positive to point out. Its best category was short-term care, but even there it received a D. This is still a poor score. Our short-term care scores are thought to be most critical for individuals needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. As you might expect, we learned that this place offers significantly less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average facility. The final measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients who returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 5.2 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below the national average.
We also wanted to draw your attention to this nursing home's inspection grades where it received an F. This generally means we found some red flags on the inspection reports. For places with poor inspection grades, you should scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their recent inspection reports. This nursing home had 7 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only positive thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they created a risk to resident health or safety. Lastly, we also want to point out that this nursing home was assessed significant government fines recently of over $100,000. This usually indicates that a facility'spoor performance spanned several years.
Does this page answer your questions about Aperion Care Forest Park?
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom score in our nursing category. It received an F in this category. When calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses commit to residents and the levels of training of the nurses. With only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily, this place's nurse staffing levels were significantly below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This place fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is long-term care. We gave it an abysmal F in this category, which is a rock bottom grade. Nursing homes that do not fare well in long-term care typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were concerned by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated just 59.906395 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aperion Care Forest Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents which experienced falls which caused major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 30.45% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 87.4% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aperion Care Forest Park, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.56 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.5 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.23 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.81 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- West Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.12 miles away3 Erie Court Oak Park Illinois 60302Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 383-6200
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.13 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Loretto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away645 South Central Ave Chicago Illinois 60644Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 626-4300
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.58 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Loyola Center for Dialysis1.12 miles away1201 W Roosevelt Rd Maywood Illinois 60153CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (708) 531-7050
- Maple Avenue Kidney Center1.47 miles away610 S Maple Avenue, Suite 4100 Oak Park Illinois 60304Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 660-4100
- Fmc - Berwyn1.92 miles away2601 S Harlem Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (708) 484-7300
- Fmc - Oak Park Dialysis Unit1.95 miles away733 West Madison Street Oak Park Illinois 60302Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 386-8757
- Fmc - River Forest Dialysis2.03 miles away103 Forest Avenue River Forest Illinois 60305CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 488-9258
- Fmc - Neomedica - Melrose Park2.22 miles away1111 Superior St Ste 204 Melrose Park Illinois 60160CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 338-1780
- Fmc - West Suburban Dialysis Center3.16 miles away518 N Austin Suite 5000 Oak Park Illinois 60302CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (708) 386-5550
- Fmc - North Avenue Dialysis Center3.64 miles away911 W. North Avenue Melrose Park Illinois 60160CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (708) 344-6122