Apache Junction Hlth Center is a facility in Apache Junction, Arizona, which has 49,387 people. We awarded this nursing home an A overall grade, ranking it in the top fifth of all facilities in the United States. This is just about as good of a nursing home as you're going to find. This facility also received impressive ratings in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Apache Junction Hlth Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Apache Junction, Arizona Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Apache Junction, Arizona Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to faring well overall, this nursing home received a nearly flawless inspection report. Consequently, it received one of our highest scores in that category with an A+. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a impressive short-term care score. This actually is its second strongest category score. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of A. Short-term care grades are generally employed to judge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Apache Junction Hlth Center?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. Our nursing rating looks at the facility's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of skill of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed is this nursing home's poorest category. However, even its worst category would likely be a highlight for many facilities. We awarded it a strong grade of B for our long-term care category. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 97.093025 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Apache Junction Hlth Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percent of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 2.2% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 1.68% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 11.03% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term patients which are administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 3.1% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Increased rates of depression could indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 80.03% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 12.44% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 20.97% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 20.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Banner Goldfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.05 miles away2050 West Southern Avenue Apache Junction Arizona 85120Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 733-3300
- Mountain Vista Medical Center, LpAcute Care Hospitals 2.86 miles away1301 South Crismon Road Mesa Arizona 85209Proprietary(480) 358-6100
- Banner Gateway Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away1900 North Higley Road Gilbert Arizona 85234Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 543-2000
- Banner Ironwood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.3 miles away37000 North Gantzel Road San Tan Valley Arizona 85140Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 394-4030
- Mercy Gilbert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.1 miles away3555 South Val Vista Drive Gilbert Arizona 85297Voluntary non-profit - Church(480) 728-8000
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.86 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Chandler Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.86 miles away1955 West Frye Road Chandler Arizona 85224Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 728-3000
- Apache Junction Dialysis (Fmc)1.76 miles away11540 E University Dr Ste 109 Apache Junction Arizona 85220Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 357-5572
- Mountain Vista Dialysis of Arizona (Dva)2.55 miles away10238 E Hampton Ave Ste 108 Mesa Arizona 85209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 357-0366
- East Valley Dialysis (Fmc)6.91 miles away135 S Power Rd Ste 103 Mesa Arizona 85206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (480) 985-4911
- Power Road Dialysis (Dva)6.94 miles away301 S Power Road Suite 104 Mesa Arizona 85206Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 641-1193
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Gilbert (Dva)10.88 miles away5222 E Baseline Rd Ste 104 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 832-6996
- Southeast Valley Dialysis (Fmc)10.96 miles away22715 S Ellsworth Rd Ste D Queen Creek Arizona 85142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 677-2463
- South Mountain Dialysis Center (Fmc)11.15 miles away26 E Baseline Ste 142 Phoenix Arizona 85042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (602) 268-8158
- Home Dialysis of Mesa (Fmc)12.78 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 106 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 1 (480) 926-9222