Apache Junction Hlth Center is a facility in Apache Junction, Arizona, which has 49,387 people. We awarded this nursing home an A overall grade, ranking it in the top fifth of all facilities in the United States. This is just about as good of a nursing home as you're going to find. This facility also received impressive ratings in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Apache Junction Hlth Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Apache Junction senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Apache Junction, Arizona Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Apache Junction, Arizona Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to faring well overall, this nursing home received a nearly flawless inspection report. Consequently, it received one of our highest scores in that category with an A+. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a impressive short-term care score. This actually is its second strongest category score. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of A. Short-term care grades are generally employed to judge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Apache Junction Hlth Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our third area, this facility was awarded a strong long-term care score. In fact, we awarded it a score of A in this area. Facilities that receive this kind of score in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are well cared for. After considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 99.4898 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Switching gears to the last category, this nursing home was awarded a highly favorable nursing score. We awarded it a B+ in that category, rounding out one of our more impressive profiles. Our nursing grade is largely tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Apache Junction Hlth Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 6.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who have pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 4.59% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 0.52% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents which experienced UTI's. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 7.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 9.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents which are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 1.11% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 95.97% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 9.39% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 22.72% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 22.72% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 13.04% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Apache Junction Hlth Center, 73.99% of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Banner Goldfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.05 miles away2050 West Southern Avenue Apache Junction Arizona 85120Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 733-3300
- Mountain Vista Medical Center, LpAcute Care Hospitals 2.86 miles away1301 South Crismon Road Mesa Arizona 85209Proprietary(480) 358-6100
- Banner Gateway Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away1900 North Higley Road Gilbert Arizona 85234Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 543-2000
- Banner Ironwood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.3 miles away37000 North Gantzel Road San Tan Valley Arizona 85140Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 394-4030
- Mercy Gilbert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.1 miles away3555 South Val Vista Drive Gilbert Arizona 85297Voluntary non-profit - Church(480) 728-8000
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.86 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Chandler Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.86 miles away1955 West Frye Road Chandler Arizona 85224Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 728-3000
- Apache Junction Dialysis (Fmc)1.76 miles away11540 E University Dr Ste 109 Apache Junction Arizona 85220Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 357-5572
- Mountain Vista Dialysis of Arizona (Dva)2.55 miles away10238 E Hampton Ave Ste 108 Mesa Arizona 85209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 357-0366
- East Valley Dialysis (Fmc)6.91 miles away135 S Power Rd Ste 103 Mesa Arizona 85206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (480) 985-4911
- Power Road Dialysis (Dva)6.94 miles away301 S Power Road Suite 104 Mesa Arizona 85206Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 641-1193
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Gilbert (Dva)10.88 miles away5222 E Baseline Rd Ste 104 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 832-6996
- Southeast Valley Dialysis (Fmc)10.96 miles away22715 S Ellsworth Rd Ste D Queen Creek Arizona 85142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 677-2463
- South Mountain Dialysis Center (Fmc)11.15 miles away26 E Baseline Ste 142 Phoenix Arizona 85042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (602) 268-8158
- Home Dialysis of Mesa (Fmc)12.78 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 106 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 1 (480) 926-9222