Delta View Post Acute is an average-sized nursing home located in Antioch, California. With an overall score of A-, this nursing home is among the more impressive facilities we assessed. We really can not say enough favorable things about this nursing home. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card was its long-term care grade. We discuss long-term care in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Delta View Post Acute
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Antioch senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Antioch, California Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also fared well in our long-term care category, where it earned an impressive grade of A. Few nursing homes did better in this area. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. This is a great way to minimize unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the nursing home population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Adding to its impressive category scores, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A-. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Delta View Post Acute?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Nursing scores are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we rated was short-term care. We awarded this nursing home one of our higher grades in that category, with a grade of B. While this is not as dominant as some of its other scores, it is nevertheless a perfectly acceptable grade. With our short-term care category, we attempt to create a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this facility provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final item we looked at in this area is the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Delta View Post Acute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Delta View Post Acute, 7.89% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term stay patients which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Delta View Post Acute, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Delta View Post Acute, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term patients who have suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric could be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Delta View Post Acute, 8.68% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Delta View Post Acute, 6.25% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients which were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Delta View Post Acute, 0% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Delta View Post Acute, 100% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Delta View Post Acute, 1.32% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Delta View Post Acute, 1.53% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility. Some believe that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Delta View Post Acute, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Delta View Post Acute, 1.53% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Delta View Post Acute, 17.45% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Delta View Post Acute, 18.48% of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Sutter Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.87 miles away3901 Lone Tree Way Antioch California 94509Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 779-7200
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - AntiochAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away4501 Sand Creek Road Antioch California 94531Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 813-6500
- John Muir Medical Center - Concord CampusAcute Care Hospitals 12.45 miles away2540 East St Concord California 94520Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 682-8200
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 12.65 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek CampusAcute Care Hospitals 14.26 miles away1601 Ygnacio Valley Rd Walnut Creek California 94598Voluntary non-profit - Other(925) 939-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Walnut CreekAcute Care Hospitals 15.76 miles away1425 S Main Street Walnut Creek California 94596Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 295-4000
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.58 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- San Ramon Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.05 miles away6001 Norris Canyon Road San Ramon California 94583Proprietary(925) 275-9200
- Antioch Dialysis Center1.81 miles away3100 Delta Fair Blvd Antioch California 94509CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 753-5000
- Fmc Diablo West Antioch2.14 miles away2386 Buchanan Road Antioch California 94509CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (925) 756-2490
- Davita Lone Tree Ranch Dialysis2.27 miles away4040 Lone Tree Way Antioch California 94531Dialysis Stations: 24 (925) 777-3356
- Fmc East Antioch2.94 miles away2163 Country Hills Dr Antioch California 94509CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (925) 779-1254
- Fmc Diablo Central Pittsburg3.37 miles away2155 Loveridge Road Pittsburg California 94565CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (925) 439-8772
- Delta View Dialysis Center3.63 miles away1150 E Leland Road Pittsburg California 94565CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 427-0867
- Fmc Diablo Brentwood7.61 miles away4510 Ohara Avenue Suite B Brentwood California 94513CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (925) 513-7135
- Concord Dialysis Center12.12 miles away2300 Stanwell Drive Suite C Concord California 94520CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 677-7492