Anoka Rehabilitation and Living Center is a facility located in Anoka, Minnesota. This city has a population of 46,352 people. We gave this facility an overall grade of B+. A score of this caliber requires above average marks in most areas. You can certainly do much worse than this facility. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile is its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Anoka Rehabilitation and Living Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Anoka senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our short-term care scores are likely more important for individuals requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
This facility really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing scores are primarily associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Minnesota in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving patients more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Anoka Rehabilitation and Living Center?
In addition, this nursing home also excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned a grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area usually have very few severe deficiencies. Although this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is long-term care, which ended up being this facility's weakest category. It received an F in this area, which is obviously a bit concerning. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is often a bad sign for patient care and it may indicate that the facility is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 93.51145 percent of its residents. This is slightly lower than we were hoping for but still a decent percentage. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Anoka Rehabilitation and Living Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Anoka Rehabilitation and Living Center, 10.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Anoka Rehabilitation and Living Center, 5.34% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which had a fall leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Anoka Rehabilitation and Living Center, 2.68% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients which sustained a urinary tract infection. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Anoka Rehabilitation and Living Center, 13.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Anoka Rehabilitation and Living Center, 11.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Anoka Rehabilitation and Living Center, 2.13% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Anoka Rehabilitation and Living Center, 93.38% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Anoka Rehabilitation and Living Center, 6.64% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Anoka Rehabilitation and Living Center, 13.82% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Anoka Rehabilitation and Living Center, 0.43 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Anoka Rehabilitation and Living Center, 13.82% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Anoka Rehabilitation and Living Center, 8.82% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Anoka Rehabilitation and Living Center, 67.24% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.03 miles away4050 Coon Rapids Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Voluntary non-profit - Private(762) 236-8100
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.04 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 13.94 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 17.5 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 18.36 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 18.59 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.87 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.65 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Fmc - Coon Rapids1.54 miles away3465 Northdale Blvd Nw Minneapolis Minnesota 55448Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 862-6088
- Fresenius Medical Care - Champlin2.74 miles away12339 Champlin Dr Champlin Minnesota 55316Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 421-1032
- Fmc - Round Lake Dialysis4.36 miles away3777 Coon Rapids Blvd Nw Ste 120 Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Dialysis Stations: 13 (763) 323-1234
- Coon Rapids Dialysis of Davita4.71 miles away3960 Coon Rapids Blvd, Suite 309 Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 421-8717
- Fmc - Blaine Dialysis7.4 miles away12555 Central Ave Ne Minneapolis Minnesota 55434Dialysis Stations: 13 (763) 754-6774
- Fmc Dialysis - North Suburban7.45 miles away9144 Springbrook Dr Nw Minneapolis Minnesota 55433CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 783-0103
- Central Avenue Dialysis7.89 miles away10994 Baltimore St Ne Minneapolis Minnesota 55449Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 786-5026
- Maple Grove Dialysis of Davita8.07 miles away15655 Grove Cir N Osseo Minnesota 55369Dialysis Stations: 14 (763) 420-2804