Ann's Choice is located in Warminster, Pennsylvania, a city with a total of 40,953 people. This proved to be an A rated facility, which is one of the highest ratings that we offer. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the country. One of the major highlights of this facility's exemplary report card is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Warminster, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a strong overall score, this facility also earned excellent inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our best grades in that area, with an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be relatively insignificant. This nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was dominant in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a score of A. Few nursing homes received a better grade in this category. Short-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Ann's Choice?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. We looked at the qualifications of nurses employed by the facility, in addition to the number of hours the nurses were with patients, in calculating our score in this area. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this facility also performed admirably in our long-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B+ in this category. This finalized a very strong profile. In a long-term care environment, the primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. Once we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 90.35533 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ann's Choice Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ann's Choice, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ann's Choice, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents that had falls which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ann's Choice, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. However, this statistic may also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ann's Choice, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ann's Choice, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ann's Choice, 3.12% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ann's Choice, 88.22% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ann's Choice, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ann's Choice, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Ann's Choice, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ann's Choice, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ann's Choice, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ann's Choice, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Warminster, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Warminster, Pennsylvania has 3 other nursing homes
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 6.28 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.36 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.49 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.13 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.29 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 10.12 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.06 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis0.37 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington4.29 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis4.43 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426
- Davita - Abington Dialysis4.72 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown5.64 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Davita Neshaminy Dialysis7.08 miles away2 Neshaminy Interplex Drive Building 2, Suite 110 Feasterville Trevose Pennsylvania 19053Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 245-6590
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greater Northeast7.77 miles away10500 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19116Dialysis Stations: 15 (215) 673-3923
- Davita - Huntingdon Valley Dialysis8.02 miles away769 Huntingdon Pike Huntingdon Valley Pennsylvania 19006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 379-1788