Ann's Choice is located in Warminster, Pennsylvania, a city with a total of 40,953 people. This proved to be an A rated facility, which is one of the highest ratings that we offer. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the country. One of the major highlights of this facility's exemplary report card is its nursing score. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this facility also excelled in nursing, where it earned an A. There are numerous subcategories included in this grade. Most of the factors are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving a patient more frequently.
Turning to inspections, this facility excelled in that area, which is based on the facility's recent government inspections. We awarded it an A for that category. Inspection grades are based on many datapoints located in the a nursing home's inspections. Places that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Ann's Choice?
Short-term Care Quality
Building on its remarkable profile, this nursing home also was given a superb short-term care grade, with a grade of A. Our short-term care ratings are believed to be most critical for people in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally requires more skilled nursing. This includes not just nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the final area, this facility also performed admirably in the long-term care category. We gave it a grade of B+ for that category. This finalized a very strong profile. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care ratings. One of the data points we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 90.81632 percent of its residents. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, at least this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ann's Choice Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ann's Choice, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ann's Choice, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ann's Choice, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ann's Choice, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ann's Choice, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ann's Choice, 3.23% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ann's Choice, 88.5% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ann's Choice, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ann's Choice, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility.
In Ann's Choice, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ann's Choice, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ann's Choice, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ann's Choice, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Warminster, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Warminster, Pennsylvania has 3 other nursing homes
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 6.28 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.36 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.49 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.13 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.29 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 10.12 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.06 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis0.37 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington4.29 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis4.43 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426
- Davita - Abington Dialysis4.72 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown5.64 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Davita Neshaminy Dialysis7.08 miles away2 Neshaminy Interplex Drive Building 2, Suite 110 Feasterville Trevose Pennsylvania 19053Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 245-6590
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greater Northeast7.77 miles away10500 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19116Dialysis Stations: 15 (215) 673-3923
- Davita - Huntingdon Valley Dialysis8.02 miles away769 Huntingdon Pike Huntingdon Valley Pennsylvania 19006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 379-1788