Ann's Choice is located in Warminster, Pennsylvania, a city with a total of 40,953 people. This facility received an A- overall, which is one of our higher ratings. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top third of all nursing homes in the United States. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Warminster senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Warminster, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a great overall score, this facility performed well in inspections, which is based on its inspection reports. In fact, we gave it an A for this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be relatively insignificant. This nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a very strong short-term care score. Indeed, this ended up being this facility's second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a score of A. In our short-term care assessment, we strive to create a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at the facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Ann's Choice?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. The nursing rating weighs many components, but the paramount consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed was this facility's poorest category. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still gave it an acceptable grade of C in long-term care. In calculating our long-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. Once we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated only 87.861275 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Nevertheless, this facility keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ann's Choice Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ann's Choice, 7.33% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ann's Choice, 2.31% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ann's Choice, 1.18% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term care residents which have experienced a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ann's Choice, 13.29% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents which were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ann's Choice, 10.96% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ann's Choice, 1.8% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ann's Choice, 92.99% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ann's Choice, 13.57% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ann's Choice, 16.71% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility.
In Ann's Choice, 0.34 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ann's Choice, 16.71% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ann's Choice, 11.23% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ann's Choice, 61.07% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 6.28 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.36 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.49 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.13 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.29 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 10.12 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.06 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis0.37 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington4.29 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis4.43 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426
- Davita - Abington Dialysis4.72 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown5.64 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Davita Neshaminy Dialysis7.08 miles away2 Neshaminy Interplex Drive Building 2, Suite 110 Feasterville Trevose Pennsylvania 19053Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 245-6590
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greater Northeast7.77 miles away10500 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19116Dialysis Stations: 15 (215) 673-3923
- Davita - Huntingdon Valley Dialysis8.02 miles away769 Huntingdon Pike Huntingdon Valley Pennsylvania 19006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 379-1788