Located in Aurora, Ohio, Anna Maria of Aurora is one of four nursing homes in the city. This facility was given a very respectable overall grade of B+, making it the highest graded facility in Aurora. You can certainly do much worse than this place. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive profile is its inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Anna Maria of Aurora
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
889 North Aurora Road,
Aurora OH 44202
91.32% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its favorable overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for our inspection category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite minor. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. You can't do much better than a deficiency-free inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility really excelled in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a score of A-. Very few nursing homes performed more favorably in this area. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Anna Maria of Aurora?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded its third best category grade in the category of long-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of B- in this category, which is a decent score. In determining these long-term care grades, we quantify the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 99.64158 percent of its residents. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The next category we rated was nursing. This nursing home was awarded an above average nursing grade in our assessment, with a C. Although this is not nearly as good as several of its other category grades, this is still an acceptable rating for this category. Nursing grades are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, nursing grades also consider quality-based assessments, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically a good indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls could be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses to assist its patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Anna Maria of Aurora Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who experienced falls which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 20.26% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 90.12% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 12 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Aurora, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Aurora, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.09 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.74 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.98 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- University Hospitals Portage Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.12 miles away6847 N Chestnut Ravenna Ohio 44266Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 297-2300
- Uh Geauga Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.75 miles away13207 Ravenna Rd Chardon Ohio 44024Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 269-6000
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.34 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 16.68 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.68 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Davita Twinsburg Dialysis4.52 miles away2592 E. Aurora Rd. Suite 100 Twinsburg Ohio 44087Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 405-3030
- Fmc - Solon6.1 miles away6020 Enterprise Parkway Solon Ohio 44139Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 248-7061
- Fmc - Streetsboro Kidney Center7.09 miles away9200 Staples Drive, Ste A Streetsboro Ohio 44241Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 422-0160
- Nephrology Associates at Oakwood, Ltd.7.67 miles away7690 First Place, Suite E, Bldg D Bedford Ohio 44146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 439-1526
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall8.66 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.8.92 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.10.39 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Community Dialysis Center12.36 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580