Located in Aurora, Ohio, Anna Maria of Aurora is one of four nursing homes in the city. This facility received a strong grade of B+ overall. We found this nursing home to be better than the majority of the facilities in Aurora, which has a city grade of B. You could definitely do much worse than this facility. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Anna Maria of Aurora
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a great facility overall, it also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections are nearly flawless. Arguably the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. A deficiency-free inspection report is what we like to see.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded impressive scores in the area of short-term care as well. Indeed, it received one of our most favorable scores in that category with a score of A-. In computing these short-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to devise a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Anna Maria of Aurora?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded its third best category grade in the category of long-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of B- in this category, which is a decent score. In determining these long-term care grades, we quantify the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 99.25651 percent of its residents. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The next category we rated was nursing. This nursing home was awarded an above average nursing grade in our assessment, with a C. Although this is not nearly as good as several of its other category grades, this is still an acceptable rating for this category. Nursing grades are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, nursing grades also consider quality-based assessments, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically a good indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls could be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses to assist its patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Anna Maria of Aurora Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who experienced falls which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 20% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 90.19% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Anna Maria of Aurora, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Aurora, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Aurora, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.09 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.74 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.98 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- University Hospitals Portage Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.12 miles away6847 N Chestnut Ravenna Ohio 44266Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 297-2300
- Uh Geauga Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.75 miles away13207 Ravenna Rd Chardon Ohio 44024Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 269-6000
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.34 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 16.68 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.68 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Davita Twinsburg Dialysis4.52 miles away2592 E. Aurora Rd. Suite 100 Twinsburg Ohio 44087Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 405-3030
- Fmc - Solon6.1 miles away6020 Enterprise Parkway Solon Ohio 44139Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 248-7061
- Fmc - Streetsboro Kidney Center7.09 miles away9200 Staples Drive, Ste A Streetsboro Ohio 44241Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 422-0160
- Nephrology Associates at Oakwood, Ltd.7.67 miles away7690 First Place, Suite E, Bldg D Bedford Ohio 44146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 439-1526
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall8.66 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.8.92 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.10.39 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Community Dialysis Center12.36 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580