Ann Pearl Nursing Facility is the only facility we were able to find in Kaneohe, Hawaii. This turns out to be a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes nationally. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its nursing grade, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Ann Pearl Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Kaneohe senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Kaneohe, Hawaii Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in nursing, where it received an A. Our nursing score analyzes many factors, most of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility fared well in the category of long-term care. Indeed, we awarded it a score of A for that category, which is one of our most elite grades. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 84.23424 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which happens to be a few points below what we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Ann Pearl Nursing Facility?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility truly excelled in the area of short-term care, where it received a grade of A-. Very few facilities performed more favorably in this area. Our short-term care grades are probably more meaningful for patients needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. This means not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Lastly, we looked at this facility's inspection score This did not end up being one of this facility's better areas. We gave it a C in this area. This isn't a horrible grade in this category. It simply wasn't as strong as some of this place's other grades. Our inspection scores are based on data points found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ann Pearl Nursing Facility Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 5.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients who developed pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 1.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who sustained falls resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 10.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 8.69% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 1.74% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 95.43% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 13.21% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 18.67% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 1.11 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 18.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 76.75% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Adventist Health CastleAcute Care Hospitals 3.22 miles away640 Ulukahiki St Kailua Hawaii 96734Voluntary non-profit - Church(808) 263-5500
- Tripler Amc (Ft Shafter)Acute Care - Department of Defense 6.77 miles away1 Jarrett White Rd Tripler Army Medical Center Hawaii 96859Department of Defense(808) 433-2778
- Kuakini Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away347 North Kuakini Street Honolulu Hawaii 96817Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 536-2236
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.32 miles away3288 Moanalua Rd Honolulu Hawaii 96819Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 432-0000
- The Queens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.7 miles away1301 Punchbowl St Honolulu Hawaii 96813Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 538-9011
- Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & ChildrenChildrens 7.85 miles away1319 Punahou Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 983-6000
- Straub Clinic and HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.98 miles away888 So King Street Honolulu Hawaii 96813Proprietary(808) 522-4000
- Pali Momi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away98-1079 Moanalua Road Aiea Hawaii 96701Proprietary(808) 486-6000
- Dsi - Windward Dialysis Center0.96 miles away45-480 Kaneohe Bay Drive #d09 Kaneohe Hawaii 96744CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 235-0885
- Liberty Dialysis Hawaii Kailua Dialysis Facility2.31 miles away25 Kaneohe Bay Drive Kailua Hawaii 96734CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (808) 254-1030
- Dsi Koolau Dialysis Center3.43 miles away47-388 Hui Iwa Street Kaneohe Hawaii 96744CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 239-3400
- Siemsen Dialysis Facility6.45 miles away2226 Liliha Street Suite 226 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 74 (808) 585-4660
- Dsi Honolulu Dialysis Center6.92 miles away226 N. Kuakini St Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 54 (808) 545-3933
- Dsi Aloha Dialysis Center7.12 miles away1520 Liliha Street, Suite 101 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (808) 531-1748
- Us Renal Care Beretania Dialysis8.03 miles away1908 South Beretania Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Dialysis Stations: 17 (808) 947-2797
- Liberty Dialysis-Hawaii Ala Moana8.28 miles away500 Ala Moana Blvd, Suite 7302 Honolulu Hawaii 96813Dialysis Stations: 3 (808) 566-6388