Ann Pearl Nursing Facility is one of just three available nursing homes in Kaneohe, Hawaii. This turns out to be a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. Based on the data we reviewed, you can do much worse than this place. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its nursing grade, which we will address in the next section.
Ann Pearl Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
45-181 Waikalua Road,
Kaneohe HI 96744
56.15% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Kaneohe, Hawaii Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in nursing, where it received an A. Our nursing score analyzes many factors, most of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility fared well in the category of short-term care. Indeed, we awarded it a score of A for that category, which is one of our most elite grades. With our short-term care category, we seek to craft a sound barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Ann Pearl Nursing Facility?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the area of long-term care, where it received a grade of B. It performed better than most facilities in this category. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are kept in good health. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 89.333336 percent of its residents. This is a bit lower than we were hoping for but still a respectable percentage. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In the last category of inspections, we gave this facility a C for this category. Inspection ratings are tied to many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ann Pearl Nursing Facility Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 5.33% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 2.13% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 2.68% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. More frequent bathing can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 9.16% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 7.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 1.5% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 97.18% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 11.05% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 19.95% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility. Many argue that mobility is critical to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 0.86 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 19.95 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 78.07% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Adventist Health CastleAcute Care Hospitals 3.22 miles away640 Ulukahiki St Kailua Hawaii 96734Voluntary non-profit - Church(808) 263-5500
- Tripler Amc (Ft Shafter)Acute Care - Department of Defense 6.77 miles away1 Jarrett White Rd Tripler Army Medical Center Hawaii 96859Department of Defense(808) 433-2778
- Kuakini Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away347 North Kuakini Street Honolulu Hawaii 96817Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 536-2236
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.32 miles away3288 Moanalua Rd Honolulu Hawaii 96819Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 432-0000
- The Queens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.7 miles away1301 Punchbowl St Honolulu Hawaii 96813Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 538-9011
- Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & ChildrenChildrens 7.85 miles away1319 Punahou Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 983-6000
- Straub Clinic and HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.98 miles away888 So King Street Honolulu Hawaii 96813Proprietary(808) 522-4000
- Pali Momi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away98-1079 Moanalua Road Aiea Hawaii 96701Proprietary(808) 486-6000
- Dsi - Windward Dialysis Center0.96 miles away45-480 Kaneohe Bay Drive #d09 Kaneohe Hawaii 96744CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 235-0885
- Liberty Dialysis Hawaii Kailua Dialysis Facility2.31 miles away25 Kaneohe Bay Drive Kailua Hawaii 96734CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (808) 254-1030
- Dsi Koolau Dialysis Center3.43 miles away47-388 Hui Iwa Street Kaneohe Hawaii 96744CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 239-3400
- Siemsen Dialysis Facility6.45 miles away2226 Liliha Street Suite 226 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 74 (808) 585-4660
- Dsi Honolulu Dialysis Center6.92 miles away226 N. Kuakini St Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 54 (808) 545-3933
- Dsi Aloha Dialysis Center7.12 miles away1520 Liliha Street, Suite 101 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (808) 531-1748
- Us Renal Care Beretania Dialysis8.03 miles away1908 South Beretania Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Dialysis Stations: 17 (808) 947-2797
- Liberty Dialysis-Hawaii Ala Moana8.28 miles away500 Ala Moana Blvd, Suite 7302 Honolulu Hawaii 96813Dialysis Stations: 3 (808) 566-6388