Ann Pearl Nursing Facility is one of just three available nursing homes in Kaneohe, Hawaii. This turns out to be a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. Based on the data we reviewed, you can do much worse than this place. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its nursing grade, which we will address in the next section.
Ann Pearl Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in nursing, where it received an A. Our nursing score analyzes many factors, most of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility fared well in the category of short-term care. Indeed, we awarded it a score of A for that category, which is one of our most elite grades. With our short-term care category, we seek to craft a sound barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Ann Pearl Nursing Facility?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the area of long-term care, where it received a grade of B. It performed better than most facilities in this category. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are kept in good health. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 91.666664 percent of its residents. This is a bit lower than we were hoping for but still a respectable percentage. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In the last category of inspections, we gave this facility a C for this category. Inspection ratings are tied to many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. At the end of the day, we definitely found plenty of favorable points on this nursing home's inspection report.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ann Pearl Nursing Facility Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 5.65% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 2.15% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 2.54% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care residents who have suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 8.93% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for treating several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 7.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are typically given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 1.47% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are showing symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 97.19% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 11.27% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 21.75% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 0.91 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 21.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ann Pearl Nursing Facility, 75.81% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Adventist Health CastleAcute Care Hospitals 3.22 miles away640 Ulukahiki St Kailua Hawaii 96734Voluntary non-profit - Church(808) 263-5500
- Tripler Amc (Ft Shafter)Acute Care - Department of Defense 6.77 miles away1 Jarrett White Rd Tripler Army Medical Center Hawaii 96859Department of Defense(808) 433-2778
- Kuakini Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away347 North Kuakini Street Honolulu Hawaii 96817Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 536-2236
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.32 miles away3288 Moanalua Rd Honolulu Hawaii 96819Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 432-0000
- The Queens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.7 miles away1301 Punchbowl St Honolulu Hawaii 96813Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 538-9011
- Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & ChildrenChildrens 7.85 miles away1319 Punahou Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 983-6000
- Straub Clinic and HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.98 miles away888 So King Street Honolulu Hawaii 96813Proprietary(808) 522-4000
- Pali Momi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away98-1079 Moanalua Road Aiea Hawaii 96701Proprietary(808) 486-6000
- Dsi - Windward Dialysis Center0.96 miles away45-480 Kaneohe Bay Drive #d09 Kaneohe Hawaii 96744CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 235-0885
- Liberty Dialysis Hawaii Kailua Dialysis Facility2.31 miles away25 Kaneohe Bay Drive Kailua Hawaii 96734CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (808) 254-1030
- Dsi Koolau Dialysis Center3.43 miles away47-388 Hui Iwa Street Kaneohe Hawaii 96744CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 239-3400
- Siemsen Dialysis Facility6.45 miles away2226 Liliha Street Suite 226 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 74 (808) 585-4660
- Dsi Honolulu Dialysis Center6.92 miles away226 N. Kuakini St Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 54 (808) 545-3933
- Dsi Aloha Dialysis Center7.12 miles away1520 Liliha Street, Suite 101 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (808) 531-1748
- Us Renal Care Beretania Dialysis8.03 miles away1908 South Beretania Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Dialysis Stations: 17 (808) 947-2797
- Liberty Dialysis-Hawaii Ala Moana8.28 miles away500 Ala Moana Blvd, Suite 7302 Honolulu Hawaii 96813Dialysis Stations: 3 (808) 566-6388