With more than 25 options to choose from having an address in Los Angeles, California, Angels Nursing Health Center is one of the multitude of nursing homes in the city. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is one of our more impressive ratings. As a matter of fact, this turned out to be substantially better than most of the nursing homes in Los Angeles. If you scroll down, you can see this nursing home's category ratings, which are also impressive.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Angels Nursing Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Los Angeles senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. The nursing score assesses quite a few factors, but the most important one is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
This facility also performed well in inspections. In fact, it earned a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that area with an B+. Few facilities with an overall score in this range performed this well in multiple categories. Inspection scores account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category usually have few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor dings aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Angels Nursing Health Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was given a favorable short-term care score as well. We gave it one of our higher grades in that category with a score of B+. Our short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our next category, this nursing home was given a highly favorable long-term care rating. Even though this wasn't nearly as strong as a few of its other scores, this is nevertheless one of our more favorable scores we offer. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is much higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Angels Nursing Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 5.48% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 1.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 0% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents which were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 15.13% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents that are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 2.55% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 100% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 7.38% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 7.64% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 7.64% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 2.89% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 88.28% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 34 other nursing homes
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.4 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 1.54 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.9 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 3 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.33 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 4.18 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- u.s. Renal Care Gala Dialysis0.39 miles away1666 W. Third Street Los Angeles California 90017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (213) 989-0247
- St. Vincent Dialysis Center, Inc.0.41 miles away201 S. Alvarado Street, Suite 220 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 484-7425
- u.s. Renal Care Grand Home Program0.44 miles away1145 West 6th Street, Suite 100 Los Angeles California 90017Dialysis Stations: 3 (213) 250-9758
- u.s. Renal Care Los Angeles Dialysis0.47 miles away1125 W. 6th Street, Suite 101 Los Angeles California 90017CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (213) 481-3041
- Davita-Wilshire Dialysis Center0.58 miles away1212 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles California 90017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (213) 482-5181
- u.s. Renal Care Downtown Los Angeles Dialysis0.63 miles away2511 W 3rd Street, Suite 120 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 24 (213) 487-7730
- Davita-Silver Lake Dialysis1.21 miles away2723 W. Temple St Los Angeles California 90026CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (213) 480-3039
- u.s. Renal Care Grand Avenue Dialysis1.58 miles away1400 S. Grand Avenue, Suite 105 Los Angeles California 90015CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (213) 867-1111