With more than 25 options to choose from having an address in Los Angeles, California, Angels Nursing Health Center is one of the multitude of nursing homes in the city. This turns out to be a middle of the road facility, with an overall grade of B-. If you take a look at the other options in Los Angeles, we hope you will find this place to be a better option than most of the facilities in the city. This city simply does not have a great selection of nursing homes. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Angels Nursing Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our best scores. Our inspection scores are tied to datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. This proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+. Nursing ratings are mostly associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Angels Nursing Health Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a favorable score in long-term care. This facility earned a B in this category, which is one of our more favorable scores. Facilities that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is much higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was short-term care, ended up being this nursing home's weakest category. We awarded this nursing home a D in that category. This was one of the few weak links of a quality profile. Our short-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. Finally, we assessed the number of patients that ultimately returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Angels Nursing Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents which developed pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term care patients which sustained a fall leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents which were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 4.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 95.72% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Some argue that mobility is critical to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 74 other nursing homes
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.4 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 1.54 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.9 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 3 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.33 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 4.18 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- u.s. Renal Care Gala Dialysis0.39 miles away1666 W. Third Street Los Angeles California 90017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (213) 989-0247
- St. Vincent Dialysis Center, Inc.0.41 miles away201 S. Alvarado Street, Suite 220 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 484-7425
- u.s. Renal Care Grand Home Program0.44 miles away1145 West 6th Street, Suite 100 Los Angeles California 90017Dialysis Stations: 3 (213) 250-9758
- u.s. Renal Care Los Angeles Dialysis0.47 miles away1125 W. 6th Street, Suite 101 Los Angeles California 90017CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (213) 481-3041
- Davita-Wilshire Dialysis Center0.58 miles away1212 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles California 90017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (213) 482-5181
- u.s. Renal Care Downtown Los Angeles Dialysis0.63 miles away2511 W 3rd Street, Suite 120 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 24 (213) 487-7730
- Davita-Silver Lake Dialysis1.21 miles away2723 W. Temple St Los Angeles California 90026CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (213) 480-3039
- u.s. Renal Care Grand Avenue Dialysis1.58 miles away1400 S. Grand Avenue, Suite 105 Los Angeles California 90015CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (213) 867-1111