With more than 25 options to choose from having an address in Los Angeles, California, Angels Nursing Health Center is one of the multitude of nursing homes in the city. This turns out to be a highly rated facility, with an overall grade of B+. If you take a look at the other options in Los Angeles, we suspect you will find this place to be a better option than most of the facilities in the city. If you scroll down, you will see this place's category grades, which are also quite good.
Angels Nursing Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received an A-. We scrutinized the licensure of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses spent with patients, in computing our score in this area. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. Inspection scores account for several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Angels Nursing Health Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a favorable long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this category. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
In our final category, this facility also received a first-rate short-term care rating, with a grade of B+. This finished off a very favorable report card. Our short-term care ratings are considered to be most critical for individuals needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally mandates more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Angels Nursing Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term residents that have suffered from urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents which are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 4.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 95.44% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence. Some experts believe that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who remained mobile levels.
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Angels Nursing Health Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 74 other nursing homes
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.4 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 1.54 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.9 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 3 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.33 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 4.18 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- u.s. Renal Care Gala Dialysis0.39 miles away1666 W. Third Street Los Angeles California 90017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (213) 989-0247
- St. Vincent Dialysis Center, Inc.0.41 miles away201 S. Alvarado Street, Suite 220 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 484-7425
- u.s. Renal Care Grand Home Program0.44 miles away1145 West 6th Street, Suite 100 Los Angeles California 90017Dialysis Stations: 3 (213) 250-9758
- u.s. Renal Care Los Angeles Dialysis0.47 miles away1125 W. 6th Street, Suite 101 Los Angeles California 90017CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (213) 481-3041
- Davita-Wilshire Dialysis Center0.58 miles away1212 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles California 90017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (213) 482-5181
- u.s. Renal Care Downtown Los Angeles Dialysis0.63 miles away2511 W 3rd Street, Suite 120 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 24 (213) 487-7730
- Davita-Silver Lake Dialysis1.21 miles away2723 W. Temple St Los Angeles California 90026CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (213) 480-3039
- u.s. Renal Care Grand Avenue Dialysis1.58 miles away1400 S. Grand Avenue, Suite 105 Los Angeles California 90015CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (213) 867-1111