Andrew Residence is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Featuring an overall grade of B+, this is a strong facility. We were pleased to find out that this was in line with the other nursing homes in Minneapolis, which is one of the better cities in Minnesota to find a nursing home. This facility was stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of our major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1215 South 9th Street,
Minneapolis MN 55404
92.12% estimated occupancy 1
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great nursing home overall, it also received A+ government inspections recently. Its inspections are nearly flawless. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the area of long-term care, where it was awarded a score of B+. It performed more favorably than most facilities in this area. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 97.0861 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Andrew Residence?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Nursing grades are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we scored was short-term care. We awarded this facility a decent score in that category, with a B-. Although this is not as high as a few of this facility's other scores, it is still a middle of the pack score. Our short-term care ratings are likely more critical for residents requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Andrew Residence Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Andrew Residence, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Andrew Residence, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Andrew Residence, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Andrew Residence, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Andrew Residence, 4.58% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents exhibiting signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Andrew Residence, 93.31% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Andrew Residence, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Andrew Residence, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Andrew Residence, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Andrew Residence, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 51 other nursing homes
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 0.46 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 0.84 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 0.92 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.12 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.64 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.47 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit0.34 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458
- Minneapolis Dialysis of Davita0.55 miles away825 S 8th St, sl42 Minneapolis Minnesota 55404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (612) 347-5972
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.0.98 miles away2637 Park Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Dialysis Stations: 14 (612) 872-1946
- U of Mn Med Ctr, Fairview - Dialysis0.98 miles away2450 Riverside Ave Kidney Center South Bldg Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Dialysis Stations: 11 (612) 365-3756
- Minneapolis Ne Dialysis of Davita1.82 miles away1049 10th Ave Se Minneapolis Minnesota 55414Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 331-6088
- Riverside Dialysis of Davita2.48 miles away1045 Westgate Drive Suite 90 Saint Paul Minnesota 55114Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 645-1847
- Davita - Uptown2.59 miles away3601 Lyndale Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 825-4583
- Fmc Dialysis - South Minneapolis3.17 miles away4310 Nicollet Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 822-4411