Anchor Care and Rehabilitation Center is the lone facility we identified in Hazlet, New Jersey. This facility received an overall grade of B-, which is a respectable score. Based on our assessment, this facility likely wouldn't be a bad choice. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its exemplary inspection grade, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Anchor Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Hazlet senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility outperformed its overall score in the area of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that category with an A. Inspection ratings are based on several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This place was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded its next highest category grade in the area of long-term care. We awarded this facility a B- in this area, which is a respectable score. Our long-term care grade is commonly used to gauge a nursing home's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services offered by a skilled nursing facility. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Anchor Care and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded is short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a decent grade of C. In determining our short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This category is frequently a solid measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. It doesn't look like this nursing home submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last statistic we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
The next category we looked at is nursing. This facility received a C for this category. Our nursing grade is based on the facility's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of training of the nurses and the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Anchor Care and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Anchor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Anchor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term patients who suffered a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Anchor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Anchor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents that were administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Anchor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Anchor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 6.37% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Anchor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 89.73% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Anchor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Anchor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Anchor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Anchor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Anchor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Anchor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.33 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 8.04 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 12.37 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Staten Island University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.57 miles away475 Seaview Avenue Staten Island New York 10305Voluntary non-profit - Private(418) 226-9761
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.88 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 14.1 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.64 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.88 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Davita Holmdel Dialysis0.95 miles away668 North Beers Street Holmdel New Jersey 07733CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 302-0321
- Fmc Madison Dialysis at Matawan2.57 miles away625 Highway 34 Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 9 (732) 566-0471
- Matawan Dialysis2.93 miles away764 Highway 34 Suite A Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 583-1085
- Dva Old Bridge Dialysis Ctr5.93 miles awayDavita Kidney Care 262 Texas Rd Old Bridge New Jersey 08857CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (732) 591-4931
- Dva Perth Amboy Dialysis Ctr7.02 miles away271 King Street Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 442-3836
- Meridian Fresenius Dialysis Red Bank8.21 miles away48 East Front Street Red Bank New Jersey 07701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 530-2239
- Knickerbocker Dialysis Inc.8.24 miles away30 Sneden Ave Staten Island New York 10312Dialysis Stations: 16 (718) 356-2678
- Shining Star Davita Middletown Dc8.4 miles awayUnion Square Plaza 500 Route 35 South Red Bank New Jersey 07701Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 576-9900