Amelia Manor Nursing Home is a senior living facility in Lafayette, Louisiana. This city has 151,705 people. With an overall grade of C, this is likely a middle of the road nursing home. This grade is not too far off the city grade for Lafayette, which is a B-. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's profile is its exemplary inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Amelia Manor Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
903 Center Street,
Lafayette LA 70501
56.62% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this place also excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically have few severe deficiencies. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
The second best category we gave this facility in any area came in the area of long-term care, where we gave it a B-. In calculating our long-term care scores, we scrutinize the assistance with daily living received by the facility's residents. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 99.168976 percent of its patients, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Amelia Manor Nursing Home?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also earned an elite nursing rating. We gave this facility an D. The nursing rating assesses quite a few subcategories, many of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we scored is short-term care, which proved to be this nursing home's weakest area. We awarded this facility a D in this category. In calculating our short-term care scores, we scrutinize a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is often a solid assessment of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Amelia Manor Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 9.76% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 2.79% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 16.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients who are given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term residents that were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are generally used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 1.48% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Many would argue that this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 89.54% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 17.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence. Some believe that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 15.38% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 2.05 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 15.38 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 12.77 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Scores for Lafayette, LA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Lafayette, Louisiana has 7 other nursing homes
- Lafayette General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.98 miles away1214 Coolidge Avenue Lafayette Louisiana 70503Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 289-7991
- University Hospital & ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 3.58 miles away2390 West Congress Lafayette Louisiana 70506Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 261-6000
- Heart Hospital of LafayetteAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away1105 Kaliste Saloom Road Lafayette Louisiana 70508Proprietary(337) 521-1000
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away4801 Ambassador Caffery Parkway Lafayette Louisiana 70508Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 470-2100
- St Martin HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 6.86 miles away210 Champagne Boulevard Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 332-2178
- Acadia St LandryCritical Access Hospitals 16.87 miles away810 South Broadway Street Church Point Louisiana 70525Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 684-5435
- Abbeville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.57 miles away118 N Hospital Dr Abbeville Louisiana 70510Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 893-5466
- Fmcna - East Lafayette1.19 miles away1340 Surrey Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 264-1265
- Fmcna - North Lafayette1.72 miles away910 Martin Luther King Dr Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 18 (337) 234-0084
- Dci - Kidney Care of Acadiana-Lafayette2.42 miles away224 St Landry Ste 3c Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 10 (337) 231-5511
- Dci - Kidney Treatment Options Ctr, LLC (Ktoc)3.15 miles away301 Alcide Dominique Road Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 26 (337) 456-7400
- Davita - Youngsville Dialysis5.75 miles away314 Youngsville Hwy, Ste 125 Lafayette Louisiana 70508Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 837-5044
- Fmcna - West Lafayette5.86 miles away2804 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Lafayette Louisiana 70506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (337) 984-7299
- Fmcna - Breaux Bridge6.12 miles away100 Champagne Blvd Bldg A Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Dialysis Stations: 12 (337) 332-6817
- Fmcna - Sunset12.62 miles away115 Acorn St Sunset Louisiana 70584Dialysis Stations: 16 (337) 662-3702