Amelia Manor Nursing Home is a senior living facility in Lafayette, Louisiana. This city has 151,705 people. With an overall grade of C, this is likely a middle of the road nursing home. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Lafayette, which is admittedly a little below average nationally. One of the best aspects of this facility's profile is its remarkable inspection rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Amelia Manor Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Lafayette senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this nursing home received a decent overall grade is its excellent health inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our higher scores in that area, with an A+. This is a notably better score than the place's overall grade, which was decent but certainly not elite. Our inspection scores are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's second highest area came in the area of long-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. Long-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's amount of nursing services. This means a vast range of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine medical services. After we finished assessing the volume of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinated 97.34513 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Amelia Manor Nursing Home?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home only received a D for its short-term care rating, which is not a score to write home about. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Given its score in this area, we were not stunned to learn that this facility is well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we looked at. Honestly, this was what we expected here. The final metric we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics sunk this facility's short-term care grade.
Turning to the fourth area, this facility didn't fare well. With a bottom of the barrel grade of F in nursing, this was its poorest category grade. Our nursing score is based on the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of licensure of those nurses as well as the amount of time spent with residents. This facility offered only 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This facility fared well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Amelia Manor Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 12.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 6.19% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 2.37% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of facilities with lower levels of hygiene. More frequent bathing reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 27.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 0% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 98.67% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 12.31% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 6.16% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility. Many argue that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 6.16% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 9.57% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 46.19% of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Lafayette General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.98 miles away1214 Coolidge Avenue Lafayette Louisiana 70503Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 289-7991
- University Hospital & ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 3.58 miles away2390 West Congress Lafayette Louisiana 70506Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 261-6000
- Heart Hospital of LafayetteAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away1105 Kaliste Saloom Road Lafayette Louisiana 70508Proprietary(337) 521-1000
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away4801 Ambassador Caffery Parkway Lafayette Louisiana 70508Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 470-2100
- St Martin HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 6.86 miles away210 Champagne Boulevard Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 332-2178
- Acadia St LandryCritical Access Hospitals 16.87 miles away810 South Broadway Street Church Point Louisiana 70525Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 684-5435
- Abbeville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.57 miles away118 N Hospital Dr Abbeville Louisiana 70510Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 893-5466
- Fmcna - East Lafayette1.19 miles away1340 Surrey Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 264-1265
- Fmcna - North Lafayette1.72 miles away910 Martin Luther King Dr Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 18 (337) 234-0084
- Dci - Kidney Care of Acadiana-Lafayette2.42 miles away224 St Landry Ste 3c Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 10 (337) 231-5511
- Dci - Kidney Treatment Options Ctr, LLC (Ktoc)3.15 miles away301 Alcide Dominique Road Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 26 (337) 456-7400
- Davita - Youngsville Dialysis5.75 miles away314 Youngsville Hwy, Ste 125 Lafayette Louisiana 70508Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 837-5044
- Fmcna - West Lafayette5.86 miles away2804 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Lafayette Louisiana 70506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (337) 984-7299
- Fmcna - Breaux Bridge6.12 miles away100 Champagne Blvd Bldg A Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Dialysis Stations: 12 (337) 332-6817
- Fmcna - Sunset12.62 miles away115 Acorn St Sunset Louisiana 70584Dialysis Stations: 16 (337) 662-3702