Amelia Manor Nursing Home is a senior living facility in Lafayette, Louisiana. This city has 151,705 people. With an overall grade of B-, this is likely a middle of the road nursing home. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Lafayette. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's profile is its exemplary inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Amelia Manor Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this place also excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically have few severe deficiencies. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an impressive score in our long-term care category. We gave this facility a better than average grade of B in that area. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 98.91304 percent of its patients. This is a great way to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the senior population. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Amelia Manor Nursing Home?
Another strength of this facility is its favorable grade in nursing. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with an impressive grade of D. Our nursing grade considers a number of subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home averaged a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these statistics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive area is short-term care, which is the final area we assessed. For this area, we gave this facility a D. Our short-term care scores are meaningful for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires more highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. It appears that this facility was below average in two of the key staffing metrics we looked at. It provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most facilities. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Amelia Manor Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 9.89% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients who suffered falls which resulted in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 2.76% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 15.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 22.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 1.54% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 89.03% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 16.37% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 1.85 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 16.37 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Amelia Manor Nursing Home, 12.9 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Lafayette, LA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Lafayette, Louisiana has 7 other nursing homes
- Lafayette General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.98 miles away1214 Coolidge Avenue Lafayette Louisiana 70503Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 289-7991
- University Hospital & ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 3.58 miles away2390 West Congress Lafayette Louisiana 70506Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 261-6000
- Heart Hospital of LafayetteAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away1105 Kaliste Saloom Road Lafayette Louisiana 70508Proprietary(337) 521-1000
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away4801 Ambassador Caffery Parkway Lafayette Louisiana 70508Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 470-2100
- St Martin HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 6.86 miles away210 Champagne Boulevard Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 332-2178
- Acadia St LandryCritical Access Hospitals 16.87 miles away810 South Broadway Street Church Point Louisiana 70525Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 684-5435
- Abbeville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.57 miles away118 N Hospital Dr Abbeville Louisiana 70510Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 893-5466
- Fmcna - East Lafayette1.19 miles away1340 Surrey Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 264-1265
- Fmcna - North Lafayette1.72 miles away910 Martin Luther King Dr Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 18 (337) 234-0084
- Dci - Kidney Care of Acadiana-Lafayette2.42 miles away224 St Landry Ste 3c Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 10 (337) 231-5511
- Dci - Kidney Treatment Options Ctr, LLC (Ktoc)3.15 miles away301 Alcide Dominique Road Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 26 (337) 456-7400
- Davita - Youngsville Dialysis5.75 miles away314 Youngsville Hwy, Ste 125 Lafayette Louisiana 70508Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 837-5044
- Fmcna - West Lafayette5.86 miles away2804 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Lafayette Louisiana 70506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (337) 984-7299
- Fmcna - Breaux Bridge6.12 miles away100 Champagne Blvd Bldg A Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Dialysis Stations: 12 (337) 332-6817
- Fmcna - Sunset12.62 miles away115 Acorn St Sunset Louisiana 70584Dialysis Stations: 16 (337) 662-3702