Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation is one of four available nursing homes located in Benton, Arkansas. With an overall grade of B-, this is likely a solid nursing home. This place seems to have some things working in its favor. The best part of this nursing home's profile was its remarkable inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this place also excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our inspection grades are based on many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. We weren't able to locate information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Without deficiency related data for this nursing home, it was difficult to fully evaluate it in the area of inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded an impressive grade in our long-term care category. We gave this nursing home an above average grade of B in that area. Nursing homes that do well in this category tend to provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 99.333336 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded its third most favorable category score in the area of short-term care. We gave this nursing home a C in this area, which is a respectable grade. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to devise a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. We weren't able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home. This figure was below average.
Moving on to our fourth category, we awarded this facility a grade of D for nursing. This was the facility's weakest category score. Sadly, this score hurt the facility's overall grade to some degree. Our nursing rating assesses the facility's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the amount of time spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This number is quite a bit below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This facility performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 8.16% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which have pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Falls are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 2.3% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric can also be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 12.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 21.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 2.07% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 95.87% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 11.98% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 12.63% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 1.81 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 12.63 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 12.62 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 77.48% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Benton, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Benton, Arkansas has 3 other nursing homes
- Saline Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.2 miles away#1 Medical Park Drive Benton Arkansas 72015Proprietary(501) 776-6000
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 12.82 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.36 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 17.27 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.87 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 18.84 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- Fmcna - Benton2.25 miles away2101 Congo Rd Benton Arkansas 72015Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 776-1418
- Davita - Saline County Dialysis3.64 miles awayGround Level-1200 N Main Ste 2 Benton Arkansas 72015Dialysis Stations: 12 (501) 776-1816
- Davita - South Little Rock11.95 miles away6115 Baseline Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (501) 570-0543
- Dci - Little Rock Renal Services LLC13.47 miles away1910 John Barrow Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 227-0983
- Westside Dialysis Unit LLC13.61 miles away1515 Kanis Park Dr Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 379-9208
- Davita - Little Rock Midtown Dialysis13.79 miles away#2 Lile Ct Ste 102 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (501) 221-3123
- Arkansas Staff Assisted Hemodialysis Clinic14.11 miles away9421 West Markham Suite B Little Rock Arkansas 72205Dialysis Stations: 4 (501) 217-3888
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis14.48 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754