Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation is one of four available nursing homes located in Benton, Arkansas. With an overall grade of C, this is likely a solid nursing home. This place seems to have some things working in its favor. The best part of this nursing home's profile was its remarkable inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this place also excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our inspection grades are based on many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. We weren't able to locate information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Without deficiency related data for this nursing home, it was difficult to fully evaluate it in the area of inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded an impressive grade in our long-term care category. We gave this nursing home an above average grade of B in that area. Nursing homes that do well in this category tend to provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 99.649124 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded its third most favorable category score in the area of short-term care. We gave this nursing home a B- in this area, which is a respectable grade. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to devise a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The last metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home. This figure was below average.
Moving on to our fourth category, this facility didn't perform very well. With a poor grade of F in nursing, this was its weakest grade. Our nursing score is based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of licensure of the nurses as well as the amount of time spent with residents. This particular place averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This figure is well below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This facility performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 8.46% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term care residents that experienced falls resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 2.34% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who experienced a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 12.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 21.53% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are typically used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 2.09% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 95.41% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 12.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 14.1% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 1.79 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 14.1 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 12.92 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Amberwood Health and Rehabilitation, 77.59% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Benton, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Benton, Arkansas has 3 other nursing homes
- Saline Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.2 miles away#1 Medical Park Drive Benton Arkansas 72015Proprietary(501) 776-6000
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 12.82 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.36 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 17.27 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.87 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 18.84 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- Fmcna - Benton2.25 miles away2101 Congo Rd Benton Arkansas 72015Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 776-1418
- Davita - Saline County Dialysis3.64 miles awayGround Level-1200 N Main Ste 2 Benton Arkansas 72015Dialysis Stations: 12 (501) 776-1816
- Davita - South Little Rock11.95 miles away6115 Baseline Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (501) 570-0543
- Dci - Little Rock Renal Services LLC13.47 miles away1910 John Barrow Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 227-0983
- Westside Dialysis Unit LLC13.61 miles away1515 Kanis Park Dr Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 379-9208
- Davita - Little Rock Midtown Dialysis13.79 miles away#2 Lile Ct Ste 102 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (501) 221-3123
- Arkansas Staff Assisted Hemodialysis Clinic14.11 miles away9421 West Markham Suite B Little Rock Arkansas 72205Dialysis Stations: 4 (501) 217-3888
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis14.48 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754