Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community is located in Denver, Colorado. This city is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the nation with has 958,706 people. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B. A grade in this range requires respectable scores in most areas. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Denver. The best aspect of this facility's strong profile is its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Denver senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively insignificant. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that we were able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. We would like to have more data for this nursing home. Without having complete deficiency related data, it ended up being challenging to really grade this facility in terms of this category.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Our nursing rating is largely associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving a patient more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community?
Short-term Care Quality
The third best area we awarded this nursing home in any category came in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of B-. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. We were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we graded was long-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of B- in that category. In the category of long-term care, we focus more on the amount of services provided by a facility, rather than more healthcare-oriented services. Once we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. We were a bit concerned this facility vaccinated a relatively low 75 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Fortunately, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 1.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 1.49% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by poor nursing care. However, this datapoint can be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 7.95% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 5.68% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 0.83% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 83.45% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 16.46% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 18.98% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 18.98% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 8.76% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 73.43% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 25 other nursing homes
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.26 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.54 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.19 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.53 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.94 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 5.44 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)1.66 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)2.49 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Lowry Dialysis Center (Dva)3.23 miles away7465 E 1st Ave Ste A Denver Colorado 80230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 367-0946
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)3.25 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- Rocky Mountain Dialysis (Fmc)3.7 miles away4600 Hale Pkwy Ste 120 Denver Colorado 80220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (303) 320-6894
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)3.79 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)3.88 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)4.63 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107