Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community is located in Denver, Colorado. This city is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the nation with has 958,706 people. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B-. A grade in this range requires some decent scores. The facilities in Denver received quality scores across the board with a city grade of a B. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's profile is its remarkable inspection rating, which you can find in the next section.
Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
4686 East Asbury Circle,
Denver CO 80222
76.02% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home really outperformed its overall grade in the category of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our highest scores in that area with a grade of A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively insignificant. It doesn't look like we were able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. We would like to have more data for this nursing home. Without complete deficiency data, it is difficult to really evaluate the place in terms of this category.
This nursing home also received a strong grade in our nursing category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B+ in this area. Nursing scores are primarily based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning residents at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community?
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more impressive category scores came in the area of short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a B. In the category of short-term care, we strive to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was long-term care, which is this nursing home's least impressive area. It received an F in this area, which is obviously a major disappointment. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means the nursing home did not perform well in our measures relating to patient care. After we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this nursing home vaccinated just 87.07224 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay patients that are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 3.81% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 84.99% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Some argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 1.08 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 12.03 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 41 other nursing homes
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.26 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.54 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.19 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.53 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.94 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 5.44 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)1.66 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)2.49 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Lowry Dialysis Center (Dva)3.23 miles away7465 E 1st Ave Ste A Denver Colorado 80230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 367-0946
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)3.25 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- Rocky Mountain Dialysis (Fmc)3.7 miles away4600 Hale Pkwy Ste 120 Denver Colorado 80220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (303) 320-6894
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)3.79 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)3.88 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)4.63 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107