With over 25 nursing homes to choose from having an address in Chicago, Illinois, Ambassador Nursing & Rehab Center is one of the seemingly endless list of options here. Our grading scheme was not kind to this facility, as it received an overall score of F. Keep in mind that Chicago received a city grade of C, so should look at other options in the city as well. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category is inspections, which is addressed in the next section.
Ambassador Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Ambassador Nursing & Rehab Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While this place's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
Short-term Care Quality
We were also surprised to find that this nursing home received a decent short-term care grade this year. We gave it a C in that area. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. The important question is whether this also affected quality of care. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Ambassador Nursing & Rehab Center?
We were also surprised to find that this facility received a decent nursing grade this year. We gave it a grade of C in that category. Nursing scores are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis, which is a very low figure. Finally, although this nursing home got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of our quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this area.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we graded is long-term care, is this nursing home's worst area. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this category. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means the nursing home didn't perform well in our measures relating to resident care. After considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. Candidly, we were a bit concerned this facility vaccinated 58.26377 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be quite a bit less than what we were hoping for. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ambassador Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ambassador Nursing & Rehab Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ambassador Nursing & Rehab Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who suffered a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ambassador Nursing & Rehab Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ambassador Nursing & Rehab Center, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ambassador Nursing & Rehab Center, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ambassador Nursing & Rehab Center, 29.8% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ambassador Nursing & Rehab Center, 87.49% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ambassador Nursing & Rehab Center, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ambassador Nursing & Rehab Center, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Ambassador Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ambassador Nursing & Rehab Center, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ambassador Nursing & Rehab Center, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ambassador Nursing & Rehab Center, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 80 other nursing homes
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.88 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 2.24 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.23 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 3.31 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Louis a Weiss Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.38 miles away4646 N Marine Drive Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-8700
- Thorek Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.44 miles away850 W Irving Park Rd Chicago Illinois 60613Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 525-6780
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.99 miles away836 West Wellington Avenue Chicago Illinois 60657Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 975-1600
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.02 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Davita Irving Park Dialysis0.99 miles away4323 N Pulaski Road Chicago Illinois 60641Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 279-8714
- Nephron Dialysis Center, Ltd.1.65 miles away5140 N. California Ave. Suite 510 Chicago Illinois 60625Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 293-2100
- Fmc - Northcenter Dialysis1.93 miles away2620 W. Addison St. Chicago Illinois 60618CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 248-0462
- Davita - Logan Square Dialysis Svcs Inc2.61 miles away2838 N Kimball Ave Chicago Illinois 60618CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (773) 342-3738
- Fmc - Logan Square2.76 miles away2721 N Spaulding Chicago Illinois 60647Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 292-2971
- Fmc - West Belmont2.89 miles away4943 W Belmont Ave. Chicago Illinois 60641CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (773) 685-7500
- Fmc - Na Lakeview Dialysis3 miles away4008 North Broadway Ave., Suite 1200 Chicago Illinois 60613Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 248-3105
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC3.33 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555