Ambassador Manor Nursing Center is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The city has a variety of nursing home options. Our scoring scheme was not kind to this facility, as we gave it an overall rating of F. Based on our analysis, this nursing home probably isn't a fit for any prospective resident. We were surprisingly able to give this facility some positive feedback for our inspections category, which you can find more information about below.
Ambassador Manor Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall score, we gave it a B for our inspections category. This is the result of the facility receiving a quality inspection report this year. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Despite this deficiency, this place still had a relatively favorable report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's second most respectable category is short-term care, but it nevertheless received a grade of just D in that area. This ended up being a well below average score. With our short-term care rating, we attempt to craft a sound measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at the facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Given its score in this category, we weren't stunned to find that this nursing home was well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the figures we looked at. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 4.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Ambassador Manor Nursing Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the category of long-term care, this nursing home was awarded just a D in this category. If you are looking for services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care grades. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 96.8661 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
The next area we graded is nursing, which was a weak link for this facility. We gave this facility a D for our nursing category. In calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses commit to patients and the level of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is well below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ambassador Manor Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ambassador Manor Nursing Center, 9.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ambassador Manor Nursing Center, 4.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ambassador Manor Nursing Center, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents that experienced UTI's. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ambassador Manor Nursing Center, 13.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ambassador Manor Nursing Center, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ambassador Manor Nursing Center, 3.83% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ambassador Manor Nursing Center, 92.26% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ambassador Manor Nursing Center, 14.52% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ambassador Manor Nursing Center, 16.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels. Some believe that mobility is vital to patients well-being.
In Ambassador Manor Nursing Center, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ambassador Manor Nursing Center, 16.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ambassador Manor Nursing Center, 15.05 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ambassador Manor Nursing Center, 70.64% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Tulsa, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Tulsa, Oklahoma has 20 other nursing homes
- Tulsa Spine & Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.94 miles away6901 South Olympia Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74132Proprietary(918) 388-5701
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.22 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 2.85 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 3.85 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.13 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Parkside, IncPsychiatric 4.76 miles away1619 East 13th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74120Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 582-2131
- Hillcrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.97 miles away1120 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Proprietary(918) 579-1000
- Oklahoma State University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.16 miles away744 West 9th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Government - State(918) 599-1000
- Fmcna - Richard Medlock1.73 miles away2845 E Skelly Dr Tulsa Oklahoma 74105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 747-7127
- Fmcna - South Tulsa2.3 miles away8260 S Lewis Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Dialysis Stations: 21 (918) 299-2841
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis2.51 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis3.05 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Davita - Central Tulsa4.94 miles away1124 S St Louis Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74120CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 585-5557
- Osu Medical Center Outpatient Dialysis Unit5.14 miles away802 S Jackson Ste 101 Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 599-4072
- Fmcna - North Tulsa6.43 miles away2309 W Edison Ste A Tulsa Oklahoma 74127CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 592-0724
- Davita - Greenwood Dialysis6.87 miles away1345 N Lansing Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74106CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (918) 585-8811