The Ambassador Skilled Nursing & Therapy is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The city has a variety of nursing home options. Our scoring scheme was not kind to this facility, as we gave it an overall rating of F. Based on our analysis, this nursing home probably isn't a fit for any prospective resident. We were surprisingly able to give this facility some positive feedback for our inspections category, which you can find more information about below.
The Ambassador Skilled Nursing & Therapy
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall score, we gave it a B for our inspections category. This is the result of the facility receiving a quality inspection report this year. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Despite this deficiency, this place still had a relatively favorable report.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's second most respectable category is long-term care, but it nevertheless received a grade of just D in that area. This ended up being a well below average score. For prospective patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 96.52406 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about The Ambassador Skilled Nursing & Therapy?
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this facility just a D for our short-term care rating. This is well below average in this category. In the area of short-term care, we try to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 4.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
The final area we scored was nursing, which proved to be this nursing home's worst area. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in this area. When calculating a facility's nursing score, we assess the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients and the level of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is well below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This place performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Ambassador Skilled Nursing & Therapy Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Ambassador Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Ambassador Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Ambassador Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Ambassador Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Ambassador Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Ambassador Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 3.91% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Ambassador Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 92.49% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Ambassador Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Ambassador Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In The Ambassador Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Ambassador Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Ambassador Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Ambassador Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 71.57% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Tulsa, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Tulsa, Oklahoma has 19 other nursing homes
- Tulsa Spine & Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.94 miles away6901 South Olympia Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74132Proprietary(918) 388-5701
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.22 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 2.85 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 3.85 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.13 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Parkside, IncPsychiatric 4.76 miles away1619 East 13th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74120Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 582-2131
- Hillcrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.97 miles away1120 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Proprietary(918) 579-1000
- Oklahoma State University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.16 miles away744 West 9th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Government - State(918) 599-1000
- Fmcna - Richard Medlock1.73 miles away2845 E Skelly Dr Tulsa Oklahoma 74105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 747-7127
- Fmcna - South Tulsa2.3 miles away8260 S Lewis Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Dialysis Stations: 21 (918) 299-2841
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis2.51 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis3.05 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Davita - Central Tulsa4.94 miles away1124 S St Louis Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74120CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 585-5557
- Osu Medical Center Outpatient Dialysis Unit5.14 miles away802 S Jackson Ste 101 Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 599-4072
- Fmcna - North Tulsa6.43 miles away2309 W Edison Ste A Tulsa Oklahoma 74127CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 592-0724
- Davita - Greenwood Dialysis6.87 miles away1345 N Lansing Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74106CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (918) 585-8811