Alvarado Ltc Partners is the only facility we identified in Alvarado, Texas. Sporting an overall score of C, this appears to be a respectable facility. Based on our assessment, this nursing home ought to be a solid choice for quite a few people. This nursing home did not excel in all of our categories, but it didn't receive any rock-bottom grades either. More information about these categories is available below.
Alvarado Ltc Partners
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
101 N Parkway,
Alvarado TX 76009
54.78% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We would like to point out that this facility's inspection grade exceeded its overall grade. This facility earned a B+ in this category, which is one of our better grades. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple of minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable category was long-term care. We awarded it a B- in this category. This is basically a middle of the road score in this area. In determining our long-term care grades, we quantify the facility's personal care services. Once we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to discover that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Alvarado Ltc Partners?
Another strength of this facility is its favorable grade in nursing. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with an impressive grade of D. Our nursing rating features numerous subcategories. The most important factor is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This facility averaged only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the fourth area, we gave this facility a D for our short-term care category. This is the facility's least impressive category rating. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Considering its grade in this area, we weren't stunned to find that this place was well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the metrics we looked at. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alvarado Ltc Partners Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alvarado Ltc Partners, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alvarado Ltc Partners, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who had falls which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alvarado Ltc Partners, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. More frequent bathing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alvarado Ltc Partners, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alvarado Ltc Partners, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alvarado Ltc Partners, 4.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alvarado Ltc Partners, 94.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alvarado Ltc Partners, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate the deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alvarado Ltc Partners, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Alvarado Ltc Partners, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alvarado Ltc Partners, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alvarado Ltc Partners, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alvarado Ltc Partners, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Baylor Scott and White Emergency Hospital BurlesonAcute Care Hospitals 13.02 miles away12500 South Freeway Suite 100 Burleson Texas 76028Proprietary(214) 294-6250
- Methodist Mansfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.24 miles away2700 E Broad Street Mansfield Texas 76063Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 622-2059
- Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth SouthAcute Care Hospitals 13.55 miles away11801 South Freeway Burleson Texas 76028Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 568-5317
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital CleburneAcute Care Hospitals 14.03 miles away201 Walls Drive Cleburne Texas 76033Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 641-2551
- Usmd Hospital at Arlington L PAcute Care Hospitals 19.61 miles away801 W Interstate 20 Arlington Texas 76017Physician(817) 472-3400
- Baylor Scott and White Orthopedic and Spine HospiAcute Care Hospitals 19.79 miles away707 Highlander Blvd Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 549-2364
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis Center Mansfield10.69 miles away1800 Hwy 157 N. Suite 101 Mansfield Texas 76063CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (682) 518-0126
- Cleburne Dialysis Center10.73 miles away160 Jack Burton Rd Cleburne Texas 76031CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (817) 558-1593
- Usrc Burleson10.77 miles away265 Sw John Jones Drive Burleson Texas 76028Dialysis Stations: 13 (817) 447-7478
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Cleburne11.72 miles away1206 N. Henderson Suite A Cleburne Texas 76033Dialysis Stations: 13 (817) 641-5530
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis South Fort Worth13.07 miles away12201 Bear Plaza Burleson Texas 76028CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 293-1978
- Renal Treatment Centers Southeast Lp13.25 miles away325 Matlock Rd Ste 120 Mansfield Texas 76063Dialysis Stations: 25 (817) 453-8167
- Liberty Dialysis - Mansfield14.21 miles away2651 E Broad Street Suite 109 Mansfield Texas 76063Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 225-4433
- Fresenius Medical Care of Burleson14.39 miles away200 Mcpherson Blvd Fort Worth Texas 76140Dialysis Stations: 20 (817) 551-6623