Altercare of Wadsworth is one of only three nursing homes located in Wadsworth, Ohio. Sporting an overall rating of C, this is likely a solid facility. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Wadsworth, which is admittedly a little below average nationally. This facility did not fare well in every category we looked at, but it did not receive any rock-bottom grades either. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Altercare of Wadsworth
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its excellent inspections in recent years. We gave them an A+ in this category. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This place was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a decent score in the area of short-term care, where it received a grade of C. In calculating our short-term care scores, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. The real question is whether this adversely impacted quality of care. The last measure we considered in this area is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. This figure was below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Altercare of Wadsworth?
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities third best category is long-term care. We awarded it a C in this area. This is basically a slightly below average grade in this category. In computing our long-term care grades, we scrutinize the assistance with daily living offered to a nursing home's residents. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 98.55596 percent of its residents. This nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The final category we assessed was nursing, ended up being this nursing home's weakest category. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this category. In calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we consider the number of hours nurses spend with patients as well as the levels of training of the nurses. With just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day, this facility's nurse staffing levels were quite a bit below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Altercare of Wadsworth Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Altercare of Wadsworth, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Altercare of Wadsworth, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients that have sustained a fall leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Altercare of Wadsworth, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. However, this datapoint could also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Altercare of Wadsworth, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Altercare of Wadsworth, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Altercare of Wadsworth, 20.26% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Altercare of Wadsworth, 90.12% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Altercare of Wadsworth, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Altercare of Wadsworth, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Altercare of Wadsworth, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Altercare of Wadsworth, 12 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Altercare of Wadsworth, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Medina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.73 miles away1000 East Washington Street Medina Ohio 44256Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 725-1000
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.07 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 12.68 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Aultman Orrville HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 13.31 miles away832 South Main Street Orrville Ohio 44667Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 682-3010
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.91 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Lodi Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 14.63 miles away225 Elyria Street Lodi Ohio 44254Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 948-1222
- Wooster Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.57 miles away1761 Beall Avenue Wooster Ohio 44691Government - Local(330) 263-8100
- Fmc - Wadsworth Dialysis2.57 miles away1160 Williams Reserve Blvd. Wadsworth Ohio 44281Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 336-8070
- Us Renal Care Norton Home Therapies4.54 miles away3300 Greenwich Road Suite 13 Barberton Ohio 44203Dialysis Stations: 5 (330) 825-2354
- Us Renal Care Barberton Dialysis7.18 miles away33 3rd Street Se Suite 100 Barberton Ohio 44203CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 753-7280
- Fmc - Akron West7.66 miles away3558 Ridgewood Rd Akron Ohio 44333Dialysis Stations: 6 (330) 668-6200
- Dialysis Care Center Akron LLC8.99 miles away1505 South Hawkins Avenue Akron Ohio 44320Dialysis Stations: 11 (330) 612-0540
- Davita - White Ponds Dialysis9 miles away791 White Pond Drive Akron Ohio 44320CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 835-9083
- Fmc White Pond9.1 miles away690 White Pond Dr., Suite 101 Akron Ohio 44320Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 835-9047
- Davita - Coventry Dialysis9.32 miles away3235 Manchester Road, Suite 9 Akron Ohio 44319Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 645-9453