Altercare of Nobles Pond is a small facility in Canton, Ohio. Sporting an overall rating of B, this is a very respectable facility. This proved to be one of the five highest rated facilities in the city. Fortunately, this place did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Altercare of Nobles Pond
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
7006 Fulton Drive, Nw,
Canton OH 44718
90% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Ohio Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home also received an elite short-term care grade. We awarded them one of our higher scores in that area, with a grade of A-. In computing these short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to formulate a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
In addition, this nursing home also excelled in inspections, where it received an B+. Few nursing homes performed as well in this area. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area typically have few of these severe deficiencies. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Altercare of Nobles Pond?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. Our nursing score is largely based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving patients even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
Our last category is long-term care, in which we gave this nursing home a C in this area. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 96.20253 percent of its residents. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Altercare of Nobles Pond Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who sustained urinary tract infections. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care residents that were administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 20.26% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 90.12% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 12 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Canton, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Canton, Ohio has 9 other nursing homes
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.39 miles away1320 Mercy Drive Nw Canton Ohio 44708Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 489-1080
- Aultman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away2600 Sixth Street Sw Canton Ohio 44710Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 363-6352
- Aultman Orrville HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15 miles away832 South Main Street Orrville Ohio 44667Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 682-3010
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 15.17 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.33 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.98 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Alliance Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.79 miles away200 East State Street Alliance Ohio 44601Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 596-7018
- Davita Belden Community Dialysis2.43 miles away4685 Fulton Road Nw Canton Ohio 44718CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (330) 649-9300
- Davita - Massillon Community Dialysis4.34 miles away2112 Lincoln Way East Massillon Ohio 44646Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 837-7730
- Fmc - Massillon Dialysis Center4.97 miles away2474 Lincoln Way East Massillon Ohio 44646Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 837-2575
- Davita - Mercy Canton Dialysis5.42 miles away1320 Mercy Drive N W Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 580-4001
- Fmc- Stark County Dialysis5.67 miles away2835 Tuscarawas Street West Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 456-3997
- Davita Canton Dialysis5.68 miles away2912 W Tuscarawas St Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 27 (330) 458-0150
- Kamaka Dialysis LLC6.94 miles away1587 Boettler Rd Suite 130 Uniontown Ohio 44685Dialysis Stations: 14 (330) 899-0035
- Fmc - Akron Canton Kidney Center7.23 miles away1565 Corporate Woods Pkwy Uniontown Ohio 44685Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 896-6311