Altercare of Nobles Pond is a small facility in Canton, Ohio. Sporting an overall rating of B-, this is a middle of the pack facility. In a city without an elite selection of nursing homes, we rated this facility ahead of most of the nursing homes in Canton. The best part of this place's profile was is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Altercare of Nobles Pond
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Canton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Ohio Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility really outperformed its overall score in the category of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our best scores in this area with an A-. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies an immediate threat to resident safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a favorable grade in short-term care. This facility earned a grade of B+ in this area, which turns out to be one of our better grades. In crafting our short-term care grades, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to formulate a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this category is the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Altercare of Nobles Pond?
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of C in this category. The nursing rating consists of many factors, however, the most important one is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, nursing ratings also factor in quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically a reliable indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses to assist its patients.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last area, we awarded this facility a D in the area of long-term care. This was the facility's least impressive category rating. Sadly, this score hurt the facility's overall profile to some degree. Nursing homes that do not score well in long-term care often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. Candidly, we were a bit concerned this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to just 83.22981 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Altercare of Nobles Pond Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 21.39% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 88.91% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Altercare of Nobles Pond, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Canton, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Canton, Ohio has 4 other nursing homes
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.39 miles away1320 Mercy Drive Nw Canton Ohio 44708Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 489-1080
- Aultman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away2600 Sixth Street Sw Canton Ohio 44710Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 363-6352
- Aultman Orrville HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15 miles away832 South Main Street Orrville Ohio 44667Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 682-3010
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 15.17 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.33 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.98 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Alliance Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.79 miles away200 East State Street Alliance Ohio 44601Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 596-7018
- Davita Belden Community Dialysis2.43 miles away4685 Fulton Road Nw Canton Ohio 44718CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (330) 649-9300
- Davita - Massillon Community Dialysis4.34 miles away2112 Lincoln Way East Massillon Ohio 44646Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 837-7730
- Fmc - Massillon Dialysis Center4.97 miles away2474 Lincoln Way East Massillon Ohio 44646Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 837-2575
- Davita - Mercy Canton Dialysis5.42 miles away1320 Mercy Drive N W Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 580-4001
- Fmc- Stark County Dialysis5.67 miles away2835 Tuscarawas Street West Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 456-3997
- Davita Canton Dialysis5.68 miles away2912 W Tuscarawas St Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 27 (330) 458-0150
- Kamaka Dialysis LLC6.94 miles away1587 Boettler Rd Suite 130 Uniontown Ohio 44685Dialysis Stations: 14 (330) 899-0035
- Fmc - Akron Canton Kidney Center7.23 miles away1565 Corporate Woods Pkwy Uniontown Ohio 44685Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 896-6311