Altercare of Mayfield Village is in Cleveland, Ohio. This city is among the most densely populated cities in the country with has 769,341 people. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack rating. Even in a city featuring 25 nursing homes, this one looks like a fine selection. The best part of this facility's profile is is its nursing rating. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Altercare of Mayfield Village
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Cleveland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its decent overall grade, we gave this nursing home a grade of A- for our nursing rating. This score is far more impressive than the facility's overall score. Our nursing category weighs a handful of factors, many of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
This facility also performed well in inspections. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that area with a score of B+. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Altercare of Mayfield Village?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a favorable grade in short-term care. This nursing home received a B in this category, which happens to be one of our more favorable scores. Our short-term care ratings are likely more important for residents needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically requires more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's weakest category is long-term care, which is the last category we analyzed. Sadly, it received a lowly F for this area. In spite of several decent grades in other areas, this grade is still of a concern so we felt obligated to point it out. Facilities that don't fare well in this category typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 70.833336 percent of its patients. This is many points lower than average. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Altercare of Mayfield Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 21.39% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 88.91% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 24 other nursing homes
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.59 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.35 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.48 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.48 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 9.48 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Lake HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.24 miles away7590 Auburn Road Painesville Ohio 44077Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 953-9600
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.95 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.3.5 miles away25301 Euclid Avenue Euclid Ohio 44117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (216) 732-3750
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Euclid3.52 miles away26450 Euclid Ave. Euclid Ohio 44132Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 731-0513
- Community Dialysis Center5.3 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580
- Fmc - Mentor Dialysis7.35 miles away8840 Tyler Blvd Mentor Ohio 44060Dialysis Stations: 17 (440) 974-3459
- Cdc Home Care Mentor7.35 miles away8900 Tyler Blvd Mentor Ohio 44060Dialysis Stations: 4 (440) 951-3602
- Community Dialysis Center7.35 miles away8900 Tyler Blvd Mentor Ohio 44060CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (440) 951-3602
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.7.81 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Fmc - Huron Dialysis Center7.87 miles away13944 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44112Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 541-5880