Altercare of Mayfield Village is in Cleveland, Ohio. This city is among the most densely populated cities in the country with has 769,341 people. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack rating. Even in a city featuring 48 nursing homes, this one looks like a fine selection. The best part of this facility's profile is is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Altercare of Mayfield Village
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home earned a decent overall rating, its inspections score is notably better than its overall grade. Due to a strong health inspection report this year, it received one of our better scores in that category with a B+. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded an impressive short-term care score. As a matter of fact, we gave them a grade of B+ in that area, which happens to be one of our more favorable scores. Our short-term care scores are probably more critical for individuals requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. This includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Altercare of Mayfield Village?
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the next area, this nursing home didn't fare well. With a rock bottom grade of F in long-term care, this is this nursing home's weakest category. Long-term care grades in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. We were concerned by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 69.117645 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Altercare of Mayfield Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents that have had a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who experienced a urinary tract infection. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 20.26% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 90.12% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 12 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Altercare of Mayfield Village, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.59 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.35 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.48 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.48 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 9.48 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Lake HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.24 miles away7590 Auburn Road Painesville Ohio 44077Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 953-9600
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.95 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.3.5 miles away25301 Euclid Avenue Euclid Ohio 44117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (216) 732-3750
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Euclid3.52 miles away26450 Euclid Ave. Euclid Ohio 44132Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 731-0513
- Community Dialysis Center5.3 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580
- Fmc - Mentor Dialysis7.35 miles away8840 Tyler Blvd Mentor Ohio 44060Dialysis Stations: 17 (440) 974-3459
- Cdc Home Care Mentor7.35 miles away8900 Tyler Blvd Mentor Ohio 44060Dialysis Stations: 4 (440) 951-3602
- Community Dialysis Center7.35 miles away8900 Tyler Blvd Mentor Ohio 44060CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (440) 951-3602
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.7.81 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Fmc - Huron Dialysis Center7.87 miles away13944 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44112Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 541-5880