Trueman Pointe Care Center is a small nursing home in Hilliard, Ohio. This facility received an overall grade of C, which is a good rating. You could definitely do worse than this place. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its remarkable inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Trueman Pointe Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Hilliard senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its excellent health inspection reports in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this category. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient health or safety. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded its second best category grade in the category of short-term care. We gave this facility a grade of B- in this category, which is a respectable score. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to grade a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To offer good rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 6.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Trueman Pointe Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third most favorable category turned out to be its long-term care grade, where it was given a grade of C. In the category of long-term care, we look at the amount of services provided by a facility, as opposed to more medically-intensive services. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 95.30517 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is better than the average nursing home. This nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The final area we graded is nursing, which was this facility's least impressive category. Sadly, it received an F for this category, which is certainly a major disappointment. When computing our nursing scores, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This particular facility averaged a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This statistic is far below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Trueman Pointe Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely linked to poor nursing care. More supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that are given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 21.39% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 88.91% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels. Many in the industry believe that mobility is important for patients health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.05 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away5100 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43228Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 544-1000
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 7.36 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 8.35 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.32 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 10.16 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Davita - Canal Winchester3.16 miles away3568 Gender Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 834-3564
- Nxstage Kidney Care/Nxstage Columbus LLC3.48 miles away5665 Woerner Temple Road Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 10 (614) 915-3040
- Davita - Hilliard Station Dialysis3.82 miles away2447 Hilliard Rome Road Hilliard Ohio 43026Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 876-3610
- Fmc - Columbus Northwest4.19 miles away6670 Perimeter Drive, Suite 180 Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 718-2863
- Bio-Medical Applications of Ohio, Inc.4.51 miles away758 Communications Parkway Columbus Ohio 43217Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 538-1060
- Davita - Dublin4.74 miles away6770 Perimeter Drive Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 798-8359
- Davita - Columbus Dialysis5.22 miles away226 Graceland Blvd. - Suite 3-09a Columbus Ohio 43214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (614) 985-1732
- Fmc-Campus Kidney Dialysis Center5.98 miles away1791 Kenny Rd. Columbus Ohio 43210Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 487-9750