Trueman Pointe Care Center is a small nursing home in Hilliard, Ohio. This facility received an uninspiring overall grade of D, which is a lower end grade. This was not the worse place we graded, however, we'd still struggle to recommend it. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive inspection rating. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category scores
Trueman Pointe Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this nursing home highly overall, we want to point out its excellent government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Our inspection grades weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid facilities with a bunch of severe deficiencies flagged. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second best area was short-term care. We awarded it a B- in this category. This is essentially a middle of the pack score in this category. In the category of short-term care, we strive to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that returned home from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Trueman Pointe Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Another issue was the F this nursing home received in the area of long-term care. Facilities that don't fare well in this category typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 91.162796 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
The final area we scored is nursing. This facility was given a rock bottom grade of F in this area. In computing a nursing home's nursing grade, we assess the number of hours nurses are caring for patients and the levels of training of the nurses. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This number is quite a bit below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Trueman Pointe Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 20.26% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 90.12% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Many argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Trueman Pointe Care Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.05 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away5100 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43228Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 544-1000
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 7.36 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 8.35 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.32 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 10.16 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Davita - Canal Winchester3.16 miles away3568 Gender Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 834-3564
- Nxstage Kidney Care/Nxstage Columbus LLC3.48 miles away5665 Woerner Temple Road Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 10 (614) 915-3040
- Davita - Hilliard Station Dialysis3.82 miles away2447 Hilliard Rome Road Hilliard Ohio 43026Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 876-3610
- Fmc - Columbus Northwest4.19 miles away6670 Perimeter Drive, Suite 180 Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 718-2863
- Bio-Medical Applications of Ohio, Inc.4.51 miles away758 Communications Parkway Columbus Ohio 43217Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 538-1060
- Davita - Dublin4.74 miles away6770 Perimeter Drive Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 798-8359
- Davita - Columbus Dialysis5.22 miles away226 Graceland Blvd. - Suite 3-09a Columbus Ohio 43214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (614) 985-1732
- Fmc-Campus Kidney Dialysis Center5.98 miles away1791 Kenny Rd. Columbus Ohio 43210Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 487-9750