Alpine Health and Rehabilitation Center is a small non-profit nursing home located in Saint Petersburg, Florida. This is a grade A facility, which is a truly elite rating. This turned out to be better than most of the nursing homes in Saint Petersburg, which has a decent selection of facilities. This facility also received consistently good grades in all four of our categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alpine Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Saint Petersburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to direct your attention to the fact that this facility was superb in our long-term care category. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. When facilities receive this type of score in this category it is typically a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Alpine Health and Rehabilitation Center?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. We looked at the licensure of nurses employed by the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time the nurses were with residents, in determining our grade in this category. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving patients more often.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the final area, this facility also performed admirably in the short-term care category. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ for this area. This completed a very strong report card. In the area of short-term care, we seek to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alpine Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alpine Health and Rehabilitation Center, 5.77% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alpine Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents who had falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alpine Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0.56% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that sustained urinary tract infections. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alpine Health and Rehabilitation Center, 7.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alpine Health and Rehabilitation Center, 29.61% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alpine Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0.63% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alpine Health and Rehabilitation Center, 100% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alpine Health and Rehabilitation Center, 15.57% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alpine Health and Rehabilitation Center, 17.62% of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term residents that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Alpine Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alpine Health and Rehabilitation Center, 17.62% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alpine Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.05% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alpine Health and Rehabilitation Center, 66.45% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 15 other nursing homes
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 2.62 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 2.69 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.79 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.75 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.34 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.38 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.59 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg1 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- St Petersburg Kidney Care South1.26 miles away4050 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 867-1279
- St Petersburg South Dialysis1.34 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- St Petersburg Dialysis2.49 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- St Petersburg Kidney Care2.61 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Dialysis2.62 miles away501 6th Ave S 6500000410 Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 7 (727) 767-4166
- Fresenius Kidney Care-St Petersburg2.74 miles away446 4th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 896-5500
- H Street North - St Petersburg3.38 miles away635 4th St No Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (727) 821-4654