Alpine Fireside Health Center is a small nursing home located in Rockford, Illinois. Featuring an overall grade of B+, this is a strong facility. This proved to be one of the top three facilities in Rockford. This place is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alpine Fireside Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
3650 North Alpine Road,
Rockford IL 61114
50% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong facility overall, it also earned A+ government inspections in recent years. Its inspections were nearly perfect. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. We were not able to track down deficiency counts for this nursing home. We would like to have more data for this facility. Without having access to all of the deficiency related data, it was a challenge to grade the place in this category.
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. There are quite a few criteria within this category. Most of the datapoints reflect the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Alpine Fireside Health Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an impressive short-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this area. Short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at was long-term care. We gave this facility a decent score in this area, with a B-. Although this is not on par with a few of its other grades, it is nevertheless not the end of the world. In forming these long-term care ratings, we look at the facility's personal care services. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. This facility also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alpine Fireside Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alpine Fireside Health Center, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alpine Fireside Health Center, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alpine Fireside Health Center, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic may be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alpine Fireside Health Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alpine Fireside Health Center, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alpine Fireside Health Center, 31.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alpine Fireside Health Center, 87.05% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alpine Fireside Health Center, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alpine Fireside Health Center, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Alpine Fireside Health Center, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alpine Fireside Health Center, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alpine Fireside Health Center, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alpine Fireside Health Center, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Rockford, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Rockford, Illinois has 5 other nursing homes
- Saint Anthony Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.27 miles away5666 East State Street Rockford Illinois 61108Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 226-2000
- Mercyhealth Hospital Rockton AvenueAcute Care Hospitals 3.54 miles away2400 North Rockton Avenue Rockford Illinois 61103Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 968-6861
- Swedish American HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.76 miles away1401 East State Street Rockford Illinois 61104Voluntary non-profit - Other(815) 968-4400
- Beloit Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.42 miles away1969 W Hart Rd Beloit Wisconsin 53511Voluntary non-profit - Private(608) 364-5011
- Davita - Machesney Park Dialysis2.61 miles away7170 N. Perryville Road Machesney Park Illinois 61115CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 885-8132
- Davita - Roxbury Dialysis Center2.8 miles away622 Roxbury Road Rockford Illinois 61107CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (815) 397-0713
- Davita - Rockford Dialysis3.45 miles away3339 N. Rockton Ave Rockford Illinois 61103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (815) 636-4493
- Davita - Churchview Dialysis Center3.66 miles away417 Ware Avenue Rockford Illinois 61107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (815) 397-4123
- Davita - Stone Crest Dialysis3.79 miles away1302 E. State St. Rockford Illinois 61104CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 968-5794
- Davita Forest City Dialysis6.32 miles away198 North Springfield Avenue Rockford Illinois 61101Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 962-8914
- Davita - Belvidere Dialysis8.82 miles away1751 Henry Luckow Lane Belvidere Illinois 61008Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 544-0311
- Beloit Health System - Dialysis16.55 miles away1969 W Hart Rd Beloit Wisconsin 53511Dialysis Stations: 18 (608) 364-5580