Allisonville Meadows is a large government-owned facility in Fishers, Indiana. With an overall grade of B-, this looks like a middle of the road facility. As far as we can see, this nursing home ought to be a solid choice for most people. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category is short-term care, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
10312 Allisonville Rd,
Fishers IN 46038
73.04% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility excelled at short-term care, with an A- in this category. Short-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Inspections is another area where this nursing home excelled. We awarded this nursing home an A- for our inspections rating. This grade is far more impressive than its overall score. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively insignificant. This facility was hit with 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient health or safety. A few minor dings are not necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Allisonville Meadows?
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of C. When computing our nursing grades, we assess both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was long-term care. We gave it a lowly F in this category, which is an abysmal grade. This is certainly a significant concern. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 98.05556 percent of its patients, which is an above average percentage. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Allisonville Meadows Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Allisonville Meadows, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Allisonville Meadows, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Allisonville Meadows, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which suffered from UTI's. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Allisonville Meadows, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Allisonville Meadows, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Allisonville Meadows, 12.89% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression could imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Allisonville Meadows, 91.48% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Allisonville Meadows, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Allisonville Meadows, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that maintained mobility.
In Allisonville Meadows, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Allisonville Meadows, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Allisonville Meadows, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Allisonville Meadows, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 2.63 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- St Vincent Carmel Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away13500 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 582-7000
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 7.72 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Riverview HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away395 Westfield Rd Noblesville Indiana 46060Government - Local(317) 773-0760
- St Vincent Fishers Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.02 miles away13861 Olio Road Fishers Indiana 46037Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 415-9000
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 10.34 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Fmc - Shadeland Station3.69 miles away7155 Shadeland Station Ste 130 Indianapolis Indiana 46256CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 578-8401
- Davita - Carmel Health and Living4.04 miles away118 Medical Drive, Suite 114 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 844-9045
- Davita - Carmel Dialysis4.04 miles away180 East Carmel Drive Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8916
- Davita Home Dialysis of Indianapolis5.58 miles away8803 N. Meridian Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260Dialysis Stations: 5 (317) 574-1798
- Fmc - Carmel5.99 miles away12400 North Meridian St., Ste 200 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8312
- Dialyze Direct in, LLC6.22 miles away13295 Illinois St. Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 1 (463) 219-0231
- Fmc - Fishers Dialysis6.24 miles away13648 Olivia Way Fishers Indiana 46037Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 773-6638
- Fmc-Indianapolis Northeast6.28 miles away9140 Harrison Park Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46216Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 543-5128