Alliance Health at Braintree is one of a mere two facilities in Braintree, Massachusetts. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is one of the top grades that we offer. A grade of this caliber requires top-notch scores across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the nation. Keep reading to find this nursing home's category grades, which are also quite good. It is hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alliance Health at Braintree
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Braintree senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Braintree, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Braintree, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a great overall score, this facility excelled at short-term care. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. In computing these short-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to devise a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
In addition, this facility also received a nearly flawless government inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our best grades in that category with an A-. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively insignificant. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Alliance Health at Braintree?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. When calculating our nursing grades, we weigh both staffing levels and the training levels of the nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this facility also excelled in the long-term care category. We awarded it a grade of B+ for that area. This rounded out a very impressive profile. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 98.81423 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alliance Health at Braintree Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 6.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 2.59% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients that had urinary tract infections. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 9.86% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 0% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are showing symptoms of depression. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 97.98% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 10.95% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 16.92% of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 16.92% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 5.4% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 82.11% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.23 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.04 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.14 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Boston Medical Center Corporation-Acute Care Hospitals 10.74 miles away1 Boston Medical Center Place Boston Massachusetts 02118Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 638-8000
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis2.1 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Quality Care Dialysis Center2.1 miles awayUnit 1 Stetson West 2 West Street Unit 1 South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (781) 331-4100
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis2.8 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- South Suburban Dialysis Facility4.13 miles away(Bma Quincy) 241 Parkingway Quincy Massachusetts 02169Dialysis Stations: 20 (617) 847-1700
- Boston Dialysis Center (Bma Boston)7.07 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue 1 South Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 298-2475
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center7.24 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC7.43 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC7.5 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791