Alliance Health at Braintree is one of four available nursing homes in Braintree, Massachusetts. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is one of the best ratings we offer. A grade of this caliber requires superb marks across the board. This facility turned out to be one of the better nursing homes in Braintree, which boasts a strong selection of nursing homes. Keep reading to find this facility's category ratings, which are also impressive. It is hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
Alliance Health at Braintree
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
175 Grove Street,
Braintree MA 02184
80.29% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Braintree, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Braintree, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great facility is that it received a very impressive short-term care score. This proved to be its best category. In that area, we gave this nursing home an A. In our short-term care category, we endeavor to craft a fair barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze the nursing home's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Turning to our inspection category, this nursing home excelled in that area, which is based on the facility's recent inspections. We awarded it a grade of A- for that category. Arguably the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This place was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Alliance Health at Braintree?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. In determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we assess the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of moving a patient even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is long-term care, in which this facility was awarded a grade of B. While this is its least impressive category grade, this is nevertheless a good rating. Facilities that do well in this category typically provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 96.74797 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alliance Health at Braintree Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric can be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 1.93% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 91.44% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many believe this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who remained mobile levels. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' well-being.
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Braintree, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Braintree, Massachusetts has 3 other nursing homes
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.23 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.04 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.14 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Boston Medical Center Corporation-Acute Care Hospitals 10.74 miles away1 Boston Medical Center Place Boston Massachusetts 02118Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 638-8000
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis2.1 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Quality Care Dialysis Center2.1 miles awayUnit 1 Stetson West 2 West Street Unit 1 South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (781) 331-4100
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis2.8 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- South Suburban Dialysis Facility4.13 miles away(Bma Quincy) 241 Parkingway Quincy Massachusetts 02169Dialysis Stations: 20 (617) 847-1700
- Boston Dialysis Center (Bma Boston)7.07 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue 1 South Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 298-2475
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center7.24 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC7.43 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC7.5 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791