Alliance Health at Braintree is one of four available nursing homes in Braintree, Massachusetts. We gave this facility an overall grade of B+. A score of this caliber requires above average scores in most areas. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities nationally. Keep reading to see this facility's category ratings, which are also quite good. It would be hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Alliance Health at Braintree
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this facility a grade of A for our short-term care grade. In our short-term care rating, we seek to forge a valuable measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess a facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this category is the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Adding to its impressive profile, this facility also performed well in the category of inspections. In fact, it earned a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that area with an A-. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Alliance Health at Braintree?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Our nursing score includes a handful of datapoints, most of which are tied to nursing hours. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed is long-term care. This nursing home was awarded a strong long-term care score in our assessment, with a grade of B. This nursing home truly doesn't have any weak links. Facilities that do well in this category typically provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 95.416664 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly can be a life threatening ailment for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility does not take any chances. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alliance Health at Braintree Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 1.95% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing signs of depression. High levels of depression could be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 91.63% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' well-being.
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alliance Health at Braintree, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Braintree, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Braintree, Massachusetts has 3 other nursing homes
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.23 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.04 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.14 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Boston Medical Center Corporation-Acute Care Hospitals 10.74 miles away1 Boston Medical Center Place Boston Massachusetts 02118Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 638-8000
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis2.1 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Quality Care Dialysis Center2.1 miles awayUnit 1 Stetson West 2 West Street Unit 1 South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (781) 331-4100
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis2.8 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- South Suburban Dialysis Facility4.13 miles away(Bma Quincy) 241 Parkingway Quincy Massachusetts 02169Dialysis Stations: 20 (617) 847-1700
- Boston Dialysis Center (Bma Boston)7.07 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue 1 South Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 298-2475
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center7.24 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC7.43 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC7.5 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791