With an address in Allendale, New Jersey, Allendale Nursing Home is the only option located in the area. Featuring an overall rating of B+, this nursing home should work for most prospective patients. Based on our assessment, you could do much worse than this facility. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Allendale Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Allendale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a quality overall grade as described above, but we especially would like to point out its excellent inspections in recent years. We gave them an A- in this category. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category generally have very few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Among this facility's other strengths is its elite nursing grade. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A-. Our nursing score is largely associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place New Jersey in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving patients more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Allendale Nursing Home?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we analyzed is short-term care. It received one of our better grades in that area, with a A-. Our short-term care grades are arguably most meaningful for those in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our final area, we gave this nursing home a D in long-term care. This was the nursing home's weakest category rating. Nevertheless, we would not focus exclusively one poor category. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After we finished assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were pleased to find that this nursing home vaccinates 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Allendale Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Allendale Nursing Home, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care patients which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Allendale Nursing Home, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents that suffered a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Allendale Nursing Home, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Allendale Nursing Home, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Allendale Nursing Home, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Allendale Nursing Home, 6.37% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Allendale Nursing Home, 89.73% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Allendale Nursing Home, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Allendale Nursing Home, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Allendale Nursing Home, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Allendale Nursing Home, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Allendale Nursing Home, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Allendale Nursing Home, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Good Samaritan Hospital of SuffernAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away255 Lafayette Avenue Suffern New York 10901Voluntary non-profit - Church(845) 368-5000
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.7 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 6.9 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.29 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Nyack HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away160 North Midland Avenue Nyack New York 10960Voluntary non-profit - Other(845) 348-2000
- Chilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.48 miles away97 West Parkway Pompton Plains New Jersey 07444Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 831-5000
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.64 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC5.55 miles away30 Route 59 Suffern New York 10901CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (845) 357-0452
- Rockland County Dialysis6.43 miles away203 West Route 59 Nanuet New York 10954Dialysis Stations: 20 (845) 501-7590
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis6.97 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873
- Davita Radburn Dialysis7.08 miles away15-00 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 796-1385
- Davita Renal Center of Westwood7.14 miles away363 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 664-6649
- Davita North Haledon Dialysis7.32 miles away953 Belmont Avenue Haledon New Jersey 07508Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 427-4675
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus8.25 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Friedwald Center for Dialysis8.71 miles away475 New Hempstead Road New City New York 10956Dialysis Stations: 9 (845) 678-2000