With an address in Allendale, New Jersey, Allendale Nursing Home is the only option located in the area. We awarded this facility an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top third of all nursing homes in the nation. Based on our assessment, you can not go wrong here. Finally, we wanted to point out that there was an ownership change at this facility in the last 12 months. We will need to make sure it maintains its high grades going forward.
Allendale Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Allendale Nursing Home has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in our short-term care category, where it received an A. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. With our short-term care rating, we seek to forge a fair barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at the facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final metric we considered in this category is the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 7.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
This nursing home has earned near flawless health inspections recently. We gave them an A in this category. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few relatively minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Allendale Nursing Home?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. The nursing score analyzes many subcategories, many of which are tied to nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored was long-term care. We gave this nursing home one of our higher grades in that area, with a grade of B. Although this was not as strong as a few of this facility's other scores, it is nevertheless a positive score. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in this category it is typically a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. One of the data points we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 99.55752 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a great way to avoid negative health outcomes for the elderly population. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Allendale Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Allendale Nursing Home, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Allendale Nursing Home, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who suffered a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Allendale Nursing Home, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint can also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Allendale Nursing Home, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for many medical conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Allendale Nursing Home, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Allendale Nursing Home, 5.81% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Allendale Nursing Home, 92% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Allendale Nursing Home, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Allendale Nursing Home, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Allendale Nursing Home, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Allendale Nursing Home, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Allendale Nursing Home, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Allendale Nursing Home, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Good Samaritan Hospital of SuffernAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away255 Lafayette Avenue Suffern New York 10901Voluntary non-profit - Church(845) 368-5000
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.7 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 6.9 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.29 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Nyack HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away160 North Midland Avenue Nyack New York 10960Voluntary non-profit - Other(845) 348-2000
- Chilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.48 miles away97 West Parkway Pompton Plains New Jersey 07444Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 831-5000
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.64 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC5.55 miles away30 Route 59 Suffern New York 10901CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (845) 357-0452
- Rockland County Dialysis6.43 miles away203 West Route 59 Nanuet New York 10954Dialysis Stations: 20 (845) 501-7590
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis6.97 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873
- Davita Radburn Dialysis7.08 miles away15-00 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 796-1385
- Davita Renal Center of Westwood7.14 miles away363 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 664-6649
- Davita North Haledon Dialysis7.32 miles away953 Belmont Avenue Haledon New Jersey 07508Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 427-4675
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus8.25 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Friedwald Center for Dialysis8.71 miles away475 New Hempstead Road New City New York 10956Dialysis Stations: 9 (845) 678-2000