With an address in Allendale, New Jersey, Allendale Nursing Home is the only option located in the area. Featuring an overall rating of B+, this nursing home should work for most prospective patients. Based on our assessment, you could do much worse than this facility. This place was better in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Allendale Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
85 Harreton Road,
Allendale NJ 07401
79.5% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection grades are tied to pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's other accomplishments is its superb short-term care score. It received one of our better scores in that category, with a score of A. Our short-term care scores are arguably more important for residents in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Allendale Nursing Home?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. When determining a facility's nursing rating, we consider the number of hours nurses commit to patients and the level of licensure of the nurses. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was long-term care, where this facility was awarded a C. This proved to be this nursing home's worst category. This is still not the end of the world. In forming these long-term care grades, we quantify the facility's personal care services. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 99.583336 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Allendale Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Allendale Nursing Home, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Allendale Nursing Home, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Allendale Nursing Home, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric can be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Allendale Nursing Home, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Allendale Nursing Home, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients that are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Allendale Nursing Home, 5.95% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Allendale Nursing Home, 91.97% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Allendale Nursing Home, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Allendale Nursing Home, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels. Some believe that mobility is vital to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Allendale Nursing Home, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Allendale Nursing Home, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Allendale Nursing Home, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Allendale Nursing Home, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Good Samaritan Hospital of SuffernAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away255 Lafayette Avenue Suffern New York 10901Voluntary non-profit - Church(845) 368-5000
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.7 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 6.9 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.29 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Nyack HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away160 North Midland Avenue Nyack New York 10960Voluntary non-profit - Other(845) 348-2000
- Chilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.48 miles away97 West Parkway Pompton Plains New Jersey 07444Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 831-5000
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.64 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC5.55 miles away30 Route 59 Suffern New York 10901CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (845) 357-0452
- Rockland County Dialysis6.43 miles away203 West Route 59 Nanuet New York 10954Dialysis Stations: 20 (845) 501-7590
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis6.97 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873
- Davita Radburn Dialysis7.08 miles away15-00 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 796-1385
- Davita Renal Center of Westwood7.14 miles away363 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 664-6649
- Davita North Haledon Dialysis7.32 miles away953 Belmont Avenue Haledon New Jersey 07508Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 427-4675
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus8.25 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Friedwald Center for Dialysis8.71 miles away475 New Hempstead Road New City New York 10956Dialysis Stations: 9 (845) 678-2000