Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is in Memphis, Tennessee, which is among the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the country. This nursing home received an overall grade of B-, which is a good grade. You can certainly do worse than this facility. One of the best aspects of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its relatively modest overall score, we gave this nursing home an A+ for our inspections rating. This score is far better than its overall rating. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This place was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also performed favorably in the category of long-term care, with an impressive grade of A- in this category. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 99.4 percent of its patients, which is much higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Moving on to another strength for this facility, it also earned an elite nursing grade. In fact, we gave this facility an impressive grade of D. Our nursing score assesses the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of training of those nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This place fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we scored was short-term care, proved to be this nursing home's worst category. We gave this nursing home a D in that area. This is one of just a couple of weak links of a very solid report card. In the area of short-term care, we try to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The last measure we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.2 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.28% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents that have had UTI's. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 29.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 8.67% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 89.63% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 16.71% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 26.22% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that maintained mobility.
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 26.22 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.37 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 72.9% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Memphis, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Memphis, Tennessee has 20 other nursing homes
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.47 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 7.13 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.25 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- Crestwyn Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 10.77 miles away9485 Crestwyn Hills Cove Memphis Tennessee 38125Proprietary(901) 457-5667
- Saint Francis Bartlett Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.81 miles away2986 Kate Bond Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Proprietary(901) 820-7050
- u.s. Renal Care South Memphis Dialysis0.59 miles away3960 Knight Arnold Rd Suite 107 Memphis Tennessee 38118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 365-6709
- Bio-Medical Applictions of Tennessee Inc1.83 miles away4601 Quince Road Memphis Tennessee 38117Dialysis Stations: 19 (901) 767-0223
- Cahaba Dialysis, LLC2.02 miles away2926 Lamar Ave Suite 101 Memphis Tennessee 38114Dialysis Stations: 17 (901) 743-6507
- Davita Memphis Southeast2.09 miles away1805 Moriah Woods Blvd Suite 101 Memphis Tennessee 38117CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 685-3192
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee, Inc.4.24 miles away6055 Primacy Parkway Suite 125 Memphis Tennessee 38119Dialysis Stations: 13 (901) 681-4010
- Satellite Healthcare Chickasaw Gardens, LLC4.43 miles away2980 Poplar Ave Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38111Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 531-8850
- Fmc East Memphis4.46 miles away6490 Mt. Moriah Ext. Suite 101 Memphis Tennessee 38115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (901) 367-1001
- Fmc Mt Moriah Dialysis4.83 miles away6490 Mt Moriah Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 547-6401