Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is in Memphis, Tennessee, which is among the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the country. This nursing home received an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average grade. You can certainly do much worse than this facility. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Memphis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite minor. This nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home fared well in our long-term care category. Indeed, we gave it a score of A- for that category, which happens to be one of our better scores. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 97.72296 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, this facility also received a score of B for its short-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this category. Short-term care grades are often used to judge a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation In order to provide quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. It doesn't look like this nursing home submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
The next category we looked at is nursing, where this facility received a grade of C. Even though this turned out to be its least impressive category score, this is still not the end of the world. The nursing category includes quite a few factors, many of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a relatively low total compared with most other nursing homes. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics. Although this place got docked a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in a few of these quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it did very well in this metric. This is often a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of moving a resident even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 8.88% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.29% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients that sustained a fall which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 29.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.14% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 88.31% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.11% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 20.35% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.4 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 20.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.68 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 74.44% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Memphis, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Memphis, Tennessee has 12 other nursing homes
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.47 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 7.13 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.25 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- Crestwyn Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 10.77 miles away9485 Crestwyn Hills Cove Memphis Tennessee 38125Proprietary(901) 457-5667
- Saint Francis Bartlett Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.81 miles away2986 Kate Bond Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Proprietary(901) 820-7050
- u.s. Renal Care South Memphis Dialysis0.59 miles away3960 Knight Arnold Rd Suite 107 Memphis Tennessee 38118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 365-6709
- Bio-Medical Applictions of Tennessee Inc1.83 miles away4601 Quince Road Memphis Tennessee 38117Dialysis Stations: 19 (901) 767-0223
- Cahaba Dialysis, LLC2.02 miles away2926 Lamar Ave Suite 101 Memphis Tennessee 38114Dialysis Stations: 17 (901) 743-6507
- Davita Memphis Southeast2.09 miles away1805 Moriah Woods Blvd Suite 101 Memphis Tennessee 38117CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 685-3192
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee, Inc.4.24 miles away6055 Primacy Parkway Suite 125 Memphis Tennessee 38119Dialysis Stations: 13 (901) 681-4010
- Satellite Healthcare Chickasaw Gardens, LLC4.43 miles away2980 Poplar Ave Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38111Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 531-8850
- Fmc East Memphis4.46 miles away6490 Mt. Moriah Ext. Suite 101 Memphis Tennessee 38115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (901) 367-1001
- Fmc Mt Moriah Dialysis4.83 miles away6490 Mt Moriah Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 547-6401