Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is in Memphis, Tennessee, which is among the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the country. This nursing home received an overall grade of B, which is a good grade. You can certainly do much worse than this facility. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this facility also earned first-rate health inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our higher scores in that category, with an A+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively insignificant. This facility received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home performed well in our long-term care category. Indeed, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which turns out to be one of our most elite grades. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 99.389 percent of its patients, which is much higher than most nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a decent grade in the category of short-term care, with a grade of B-. With our short-term care category, we endeavor to create a fair measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at the facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. It does not look like this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
This facility's weakest area is nursing, which is the last category we looked at. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F in this category. Even with a few favorable grades in other categories, this grade is still a bit of a concern so we wanted to make a note of it. The nursing grade consists of many factors, however, the paramount one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular facility offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This statistic is quite a bit below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This place fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these statistics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients that sustained a fall which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 29.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.05% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 89.05% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 16.44% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 24.2% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 24.2 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Memphis, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Memphis, Tennessee has 20 other nursing homes
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.47 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 7.13 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.25 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- Crestwyn Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 10.77 miles away9485 Crestwyn Hills Cove Memphis Tennessee 38125Proprietary(901) 457-5667
- Saint Francis Bartlett Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.81 miles away2986 Kate Bond Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Proprietary(901) 820-7050
- u.s. Renal Care South Memphis Dialysis0.59 miles away3960 Knight Arnold Rd Suite 107 Memphis Tennessee 38118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 365-6709
- Bio-Medical Applictions of Tennessee Inc1.83 miles away4601 Quince Road Memphis Tennessee 38117Dialysis Stations: 19 (901) 767-0223
- Cahaba Dialysis, LLC2.02 miles away2926 Lamar Ave Suite 101 Memphis Tennessee 38114Dialysis Stations: 17 (901) 743-6507
- Davita Memphis Southeast2.09 miles away1805 Moriah Woods Blvd Suite 101 Memphis Tennessee 38117CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 685-3192
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee, Inc.4.24 miles away6055 Primacy Parkway Suite 125 Memphis Tennessee 38119Dialysis Stations: 13 (901) 681-4010
- Satellite Healthcare Chickasaw Gardens, LLC4.43 miles away2980 Poplar Ave Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38111Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 531-8850
- Fmc East Memphis4.46 miles away6490 Mt. Moriah Ext. Suite 101 Memphis Tennessee 38115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (901) 367-1001
- Fmc Mt Moriah Dialysis4.83 miles away6490 Mt Moriah Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 547-6401