Trezevant is a small non-profit nursing home in Memphis, Tennessee. This proved to be an A+ facility, which is the highest rating that we offer. Even in a city with 13 nursing homes, this facility looks like a great option. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar profile is its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Memphis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate facility overall, this facility excelled in our inspections category, where it earned an A+. Very few places performed this well in this category. Inspection grades are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Our nursing score analyzes the facility's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of licensure of those nurses as well as the amount of time spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Trezevant?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was elite in the area of long-term care, where we gave it a score of A. Very few facilities performed better in this area. For patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. One of the factors we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. It doesn't look like this facility provided information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final category, this facility was given a strong short-term care rating. In fact, we gave it an A in this category, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. In our short-term care rating, we try to forge a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at a nursing home's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Trezevant Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Trezevant, 10.37% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Trezevant, 75.24% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Memphis, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Memphis, Tennessee has 12 other nursing homes
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 4.2 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.8 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 4.81 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.19 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Saint Francis Bartlett Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.46 miles away2986 Kate Bond Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Proprietary(901) 820-7050
- Crestwyn Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 12.93 miles away9485 Crestwyn Hills Cove Memphis Tennessee 38125Proprietary(901) 457-5667
- Memphis Midtown Dialysis0.91 miles away3430 Summer Ave Memphis Tennessee 38122Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 454-0815
- Satellite Healthcare Chickasaw Gardens, LLC1 miles away2980 Poplar Ave Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38111Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 531-8850
- Fmc Summer2.2 miles away4569 Summer Ave Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38122Dialysis Stations: 15 (901) 767-0118
- Fmc Memphis Midtown2.42 miles away2225 Union Avenue Suite 200 Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (901) 725-7586
- Davita Memphis Downtown2.7 miles away2076 Union Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (901) 725-1169
- Cahaba Dialysis, LLC3.41 miles away2926 Lamar Ave Suite 101 Memphis Tennessee 38114Dialysis Stations: 17 (901) 743-6507
- Bio-Medical Applictions of Tennessee Inc3.71 miles away4601 Quince Road Memphis Tennessee 38117Dialysis Stations: 19 (901) 767-0223
- Isd Renal Inc3.85 miles away1331 Union Avenue, Ste. 101 Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (901) 278-5400