Trezevant is a small non-profit nursing home in Memphis, Tennessee. This proved to be an A+ facility, which is the highest rating that we offer. Even in a city with 21 nursing homes, this facility looks like a great option. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar profile is its nursing grade. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
177 North Highland,
Memphis TN 38111
51.93% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our nursing score is largely associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 1 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of moving residents even once per day.
The next category we looked at was inspections, where this facility also received an A+ grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively minor. This nursing home was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Trezevant?
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to alert you to the fact that this nursing home received a strong grade of A in our short-term care area. In computing our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This area is more often than not a reliable assessment of a facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this category is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next category, this nursing home also performed admirably in the long-term care category. In fact, we gave it an A for that area. This wrapped up truly elite profile. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are kept in good health. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Trezevant Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Trezevant, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Trezevant, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Memphis, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Memphis, Tennessee has 20 other nursing homes
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 4.2 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.8 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 4.81 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.19 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Saint Francis Bartlett Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.46 miles away2986 Kate Bond Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Proprietary(901) 820-7050
- Crestwyn Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 12.93 miles away9485 Crestwyn Hills Cove Memphis Tennessee 38125Proprietary(901) 457-5667
- Memphis Midtown Dialysis0.91 miles away3430 Summer Ave Memphis Tennessee 38122Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 454-0815
- Satellite Healthcare Chickasaw Gardens, LLC1 miles away2980 Poplar Ave Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38111Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 531-8850
- Fmc Summer2.2 miles away4569 Summer Ave Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38122Dialysis Stations: 15 (901) 767-0118
- Fmc Memphis Midtown2.42 miles away2225 Union Avenue Suite 200 Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (901) 725-7586
- Davita Memphis Downtown2.7 miles away2076 Union Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (901) 725-1169
- Cahaba Dialysis, LLC3.41 miles away2926 Lamar Ave Suite 101 Memphis Tennessee 38114Dialysis Stations: 17 (901) 743-6507
- Bio-Medical Applictions of Tennessee Inc3.71 miles away4601 Quince Road Memphis Tennessee 38117Dialysis Stations: 19 (901) 767-0223
- Isd Renal Inc3.85 miles away1331 Union Avenue, Ste. 101 Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (901) 278-5400