Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix is in Phoenix, Arizona. This city is among the most populated cities in the country with has a total of 1,312,922 people. It looks like this facility is a lower end nursing home. A score of this caliber suggests we found some red flags. We ranked this as one of the bottom five rated nursing homes in Phoenix. With countless other nursing homes in the city, you may simply want to look elsewhere. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection score. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Phoenix senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this facility favorably overall, we want to point out its relatively solid government inspections in recent years. We gave it a respectable grade of B in this area, which is much better than its overall score. Our inspection ratings are tied to several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these inspections. Most importantly, you should avoid nursing homes that have severe deficiencies associated with risks to resident well being. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's short-term care score is one of its higher features. The nursing home was awarded a grade of B- in this category. Short-term care grades are typically employed to assess a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to have quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than a typical facility. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix?
This facility's next best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. When determining a nursing home's nursing score, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses are seeing residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility offered only 0.6 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these datapoints to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth category, we awarded this facility a grade of D for our long-term care category. This is the facility's worst category grade. For patients in need of a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 94.92386 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 12.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term residents that developed pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 1.02% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who experienced falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 3.68% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 2.21% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 17.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 2.82% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 88.09% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 23.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 23.94% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who retained mobility levels. Some argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 23.94% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 8.73% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 75.83% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Phoenix, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Phoenix, Arizona has 10 other nursing homes
- St Luke's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.06 miles away1800 East Van Buren Street Phoenix Arizona 85006Proprietary(602) 251-8156
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- Banner - University Medical Center PhoenixAcute Care Hospitals 1.37 miles away1111 East Mcdowell Road Phoenix Arizona 85006Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 239-2000
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.96 miles away350 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85013Voluntary non-profit - Church(602) 406-5001
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 2.97 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.28 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.21 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Maricopa Medical Ctr - Dialysis1 miles away2525 E Roosevelt St Phoenix Arizona 85008CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 11 (602) 344-1601
- Evergreen Park Dialysis1.53 miles away926 E Mc Dowell Rd Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85006Dialysis Stations: 20 (602) 252-1418
- Phoenix Childrens Hospital- Dialysis Center1.82 miles away1920 E Cambridge Rd Ste 102 Phoenix Arizona 85016Dialysis Stations: 6 (602) 933-3220
- Pediatric Dialysis Center of Phoenix LLC2.16 miles away2545 East Thomas Road Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85016Dialysis Stations: 2 (602) 957-1648
- South Phoenix Dialysis Services (Fmc)2.51 miles away1021 S 7th Ave Ste 108 Phoenix Arizona 85007CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (602) 253-1954
- Arcadia Dialysis Center (Fmc)3.24 miles away4021 N. 30th Street Phoenix Arizona 85016CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (602) 957-2142
- Central Phx Dialysis (Fmc)3.51 miles away3421 N 7th Ave Phoenix Arizona 85013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 274-2293
- Papago Dialysis (Dva)3.55 miles away5115 East Thomas, Suite #115 Phoenix Arizona 85018Dialysis Stations: 13 (602) 956-1831