Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix is in Phoenix, Arizona. This city is among the most populated cities in the country with has a total of 1,312,922 people. With a bottom of the barrel overall grade of F, this facility didn't fare well in our assessment. We ranked this as one of the five worst rated facilities in Phoenix. With more than 20 other nursing homes in the city, you may simply want to look elsewhere. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is inspections, which is addressed in the next section.
Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of B- for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also didn't fare terribly in the area of short-term care. In fact, we gave it a grade of B- for that category, which wound up being another one of its better scores. Our short-term care grades are believed to be most important for residents needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This means not only nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. We weighed the qualifications of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses were with residents, in determining our rating in this category. This place provided just 0.6 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these statistics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was long-term care. Sadly, it received an F in this area, which is an abysmal grade. Nursing homes that do not fare well in long-term care typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine personal care we assessed. After we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 91.74312 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 2.25% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 1.58% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents that sustained urinary tract infections. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 11.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 16.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 2.87% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 81.19% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 12.86% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 23.01% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 23.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 10.95 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Allegiant Healthcare of Phoenix, 73.63% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Phoenix, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Phoenix, Arizona has 22 other nursing homes
- St Luke's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.06 miles away1800 East Van Buren Street Phoenix Arizona 85006Proprietary(602) 251-8156
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- Banner - University Medical Center PhoenixAcute Care Hospitals 1.37 miles away1111 East Mcdowell Road Phoenix Arizona 85006Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 239-2000
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.96 miles away350 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85013Voluntary non-profit - Church(602) 406-5001
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 2.97 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.28 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.21 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Maricopa Medical Ctr - Dialysis1 miles away2525 E Roosevelt St Phoenix Arizona 85008CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 11 (602) 344-1601
- Evergreen Park Dialysis1.53 miles away926 E Mc Dowell Rd Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85006Dialysis Stations: 20 (602) 252-1418
- Phoenix Childrens Hospital- Dialysis Center1.82 miles away1920 E Cambridge Rd Ste 102 Phoenix Arizona 85016Dialysis Stations: 6 (602) 933-3220
- Pediatric Dialysis Center of Phoenix LLC2.16 miles away2545 East Thomas Road Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85016Dialysis Stations: 2 (602) 957-1648
- South Phoenix Dialysis Services (Fmc)2.51 miles away1021 S 7th Ave Ste 108 Phoenix Arizona 85007CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (602) 253-1954
- Arcadia Dialysis Center (Fmc)3.24 miles away4021 N. 30th Street Phoenix Arizona 85016CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (602) 957-2142
- Central Phx Dialysis (Fmc)3.51 miles away3421 N 7th Ave Phoenix Arizona 85013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 274-2293
- Papago Dialysis (Dva)3.55 miles away5115 East Thomas, Suite #115 Phoenix Arizona 85018Dialysis Stations: 13 (602) 956-1831