Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa is a nursing home in Mesa, Arizona which has 478,404 people. We gave this nursing home a B- overall, which is a solid grade. This is comparable with the city grade in Mesa, which is a B. Even in a city with 10 other nursing homes, this facility ought to be a perfectly acceptable option. The best part of this facility's report card is is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3130 East Broadway Road,
Mesa AZ 85204
50.93% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
It should be noted that this nursing home's inspection rating outpaced its overall score. In fact, we gave it a B+ for its inspections grade, which is one of our better scores. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we awarded this facility a B in our long-term care category. This is one of our better scores. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia can be a life or death ailment for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility does not roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa?
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's higher category scores was in the category of short-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B. In determining our short-term care grades, we scrutinize a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is often a fair measure of the facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Our last category is nursing, in which we gave this facility a B- in this area. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, nursing grades also consider quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is usually an indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls could be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 2.2% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 1.68% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 11.03% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients who are given antianxiety medication. These medications are generally used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 3.1% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. High levels of depression may indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 80.03% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 12.44% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence. Some argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 20.97% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 20.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Mesa, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Mesa, Arizona has 9 other nursing homes
- Banner Gateway Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.04 miles away1900 North Higley Road Gilbert Arizona 85234Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 543-2000
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.53 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Mercy Gilbert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.39 miles away3555 South Val Vista Drive Gilbert Arizona 85297Voluntary non-profit - Church(480) 728-8000
- Mountain Vista Medical Center, LpAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away1301 South Crismon Road Mesa Arizona 85209Proprietary(480) 358-6100
- Chandler Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.8 miles away1955 West Frye Road Chandler Arizona 85224Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 728-3000
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.79 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Banner Goldfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.44 miles away2050 West Southern Avenue Apache Junction Arizona 85120Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 733-3300
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.04 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- Home Dialysis of Mesa (Fmc)1.82 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 106 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 1 (480) 926-9222
- Mesa Dialysis (Dsi)1.82 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 109 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 926-1906
- South Mountain Dialysis Center (Fmc)2.03 miles away26 E Baseline Ste 142 Phoenix Arizona 85042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (602) 268-8158
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Gilbert (Dva)2.19 miles away5222 E Baseline Rd Ste 104 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 832-6996
- Southwest Kidney Central Mesa (Dva)3.23 miles away1134 E University Dr Ste 101 Mesa Arizona 85203CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 464-3851
- Mesa Dialysis Center (Fmc)4.13 miles away1525 N Gilbert Rd Ste 121 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 497-1127
- Power Road Dialysis (Dva)4.59 miles away301 S Power Road Suite 104 Mesa Arizona 85206Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 641-1193
- East Valley Dialysis (Fmc)4.67 miles away135 S Power Rd Ste 103 Mesa Arizona 85206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (480) 985-4911