Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa is a very-large nursing home located in Mesa, Arizona. Featuring an overall rating of B, this nursing home is a very good choice. You could certainly do much worse than this nursing home. You should also take a look at this nursing home's category grades below. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Mesa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of a strong overall grade, this nursing home also received a favorable long-term care score this year. In fact, we gave them one of our better scores in that category, with a B+. When facilities receive this type of grade in long-term care it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 96.190475 percent of its patients, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In addition, this nursing home also performed well in our inspection category, which is based on its recent government inspections. We gave it an B+ for that category, which is one of our best scores. Our inspection grades are tied to several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the third category, this facility also earned a score of B for its short-term care rating. This is an above average score in this category. In computing these short-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to formulate a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Our next area is nursing, in which we awarded this facility a C in this area. In calculating our nursing grades, we assess both staffing levels and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Finally, while this nursing home got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based metrics. With less than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it did well in this area.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 15.02% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 1.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 2.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 7.66% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 28.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 3.61% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 96.95% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 12.3% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 13.58% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 13.58% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 11.83% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Allegiant Healthcare of Mesa, 80.95% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Mesa, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Mesa, Arizona has 3 other nursing homes
- Banner Gateway Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.04 miles away1900 North Higley Road Gilbert Arizona 85234Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 543-2000
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.53 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Mercy Gilbert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.39 miles away3555 South Val Vista Drive Gilbert Arizona 85297Voluntary non-profit - Church(480) 728-8000
- Mountain Vista Medical Center, LpAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away1301 South Crismon Road Mesa Arizona 85209Proprietary(480) 358-6100
- Chandler Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.8 miles away1955 West Frye Road Chandler Arizona 85224Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 728-3000
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.79 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Banner Goldfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.44 miles away2050 West Southern Avenue Apache Junction Arizona 85120Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 733-3300
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.04 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- Home Dialysis of Mesa (Fmc)1.82 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 106 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 1 (480) 926-9222
- Mesa Dialysis (Dsi)1.82 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 109 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 926-1906
- South Mountain Dialysis Center (Fmc)2.03 miles away26 E Baseline Ste 142 Phoenix Arizona 85042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (602) 268-8158
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Gilbert (Dva)2.19 miles away5222 E Baseline Rd Ste 104 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 832-6996
- Southwest Kidney Central Mesa (Dva)3.23 miles away1134 E University Dr Ste 101 Mesa Arizona 85203CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 464-3851
- Mesa Dialysis Center (Fmc)4.13 miles away1525 N Gilbert Rd Ste 121 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 497-1127
- Power Road Dialysis (Dva)4.59 miles away301 S Power Road Suite 104 Mesa Arizona 85206Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 641-1193
- East Valley Dialysis (Fmc)4.67 miles away135 S Power Rd Ste 103 Mesa Arizona 85206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (480) 985-4911