Allaire Rehab & Nursing is one of four nursing homes in Freehold, New Jersey. With an overall score of B-, this looks like a solid facility. You can certainly do worse than this nursing home. The best part of this nursing home's profile is its stellar inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Allaire Rehab & Nursing
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Freehold senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it earned an excellent inspection score. In fact, its inspection grade was far superior to its overall score. In the inspections category, we gave it an A. Our inspection grades are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a favorable grade in our long-term care category. We gave this nursing home a better than average grade of B in this category. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 95.36178 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Allaire Rehab & Nursing?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we assessed was short-term care, where this facility was awarded a B- in this category. In calculating these short-term care scores, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. We were not able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last metric we looked at in this area is the number of patients who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
The final area we assessed was nursing. We gave this nursing home a grade of C in this category. There are numerous criteria included in this grade. Many of the subcategories are tied to staffing levels. This place averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day, which is a very low figure. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics. Although this place got docked a bit for nursing hours, it excelled in a few of these quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared well in this area. This is often a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of turning residents more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Allaire Rehab & Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 13.01% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term patients who suffer from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 1.3% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 0.38% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 15.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 23.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term patients who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 3.52% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients showing signs of depression. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 94.76% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 5.28% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 4.72% of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term residents who retained mobility levels.
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 4.72% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 7.01% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 83.54% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Freehold, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Freehold, New Jersey has 3 other nursing homes
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.72 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.01 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 13.84 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.52 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.9 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 17.31 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.04 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Dci Freehold3.62 miles away901 West Main St Suite 202 Freehold New Jersey 07728CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (732) 677-5200
- Davita Freehold Dialysis4.1 miles away300 Craig Road Century Office Park Englishtown New Jersey 07726CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 303-1589
- Wall Township Home Training8.4 miles away5100 Belmar Blvd Ste 1 Farmingdale New Jersey 07727Dialysis Stations: 6 (732) 938-2780
- Davita Jackson Township Dialysis9.39 miles away260 North County Line Road Suite 120 Jackson New Jersey 08527Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 364-2055
- Fmc Madison Dialysis at Matawan9.87 miles away625 Highway 34 Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 9 (732) 566-0471
- Matawan Dialysis10.16 miles away764 Highway 34 Suite A Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 583-1085
- Davita Holmdel Dialysis10.35 miles away668 North Beers Street Holmdel New Jersey 07733CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 302-0321
- Davita Renal Ctr Monroe10.36 miles away300 Overlook Drive Bldg C Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 642-8124