Allaire Rehab & Nursing is one of five nursing homes in Freehold, New Jersey. With an overall score of C, this looks like a solid facility. You can certainly do worse than this nursing home. The best part of this nursing home's profile is its stellar inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Allaire Rehab & Nursing
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it earned an excellent inspection score. In fact, its inspection grade was far superior to its overall score. In the inspections category, we gave it an A. Our inspection grades are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given its next most favorable category score in the category of short-term care. We awarded this facility a B- in this area, which is an acceptable grade. In determining our short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This score is generally a fair measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than a typical facility. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Allaire Rehab & Nursing?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of C. When computing our nursing grades, we look at both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often a good indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Many falls could be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is long-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a C. In calculating our long-term care ratings, we look at the assistance with daily living offered to a facility's residents. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 93.952484 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Allaire Rehab & Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that have experienced a fall which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term patients who have had urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 5.81% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 92% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility.
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Allaire Rehab & Nursing, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Freehold, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Freehold, New Jersey has 4 other nursing homes
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.72 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.01 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 13.84 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.52 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.9 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 17.31 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.04 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Dci Freehold3.62 miles away901 West Main St Suite 202 Freehold New Jersey 07728CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (732) 677-5200
- Davita Freehold Dialysis4.1 miles away300 Craig Road Century Office Park Englishtown New Jersey 07726CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 303-1589
- Wall Township Home Training8.4 miles away5100 Belmar Blvd Ste 1 Farmingdale New Jersey 07727Dialysis Stations: 6 (732) 938-2780
- Davita Jackson Township Dialysis9.39 miles away260 North County Line Road Suite 120 Jackson New Jersey 08527Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 364-2055
- Fmc Madison Dialysis at Matawan9.87 miles away625 Highway 34 Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 9 (732) 566-0471
- Matawan Dialysis10.16 miles away764 Highway 34 Suite A Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 583-1085
- Davita Holmdel Dialysis10.35 miles away668 North Beers Street Holmdel New Jersey 07733CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 302-0321
- Davita Renal Ctr Monroe10.36 miles away300 Overlook Drive Bldg C Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 642-8124