All Saints Healthcare Subacute is a large nursing home located in North Hollywood, California. With an overall rating of D, this is a subpar facility. North Hollywood received a city grade of B-, so there are some other options in the city worth looking at. The best thing we can say about this facility is that it didn't receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
All Saints Healthcare Subacute
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a B for our nursing rating. Our nursing rating analyzes the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of skill of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received its next highest category score in the category of long-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of C in this category, which is a decent grade. Our long-term care scores are more critical for those requiring more conventional assistance related to activities of daily living. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 97.27273 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is more than most nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about All Saints Healthcare Subacute?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we looked at was short-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a decent grade of C. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to judge a facility's performance with rehabilitation In order to offer good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. We were surprised to find that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. In fact, it offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Unfortunately, this nursing home did not receive a favorable inspection grade. We gave it a just D in this category. Inspection ratings relate to a facility's inspections. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. Generally, you should be more cautious when considering a facility that has severe deficiencies on its inspection reports. This facility was assessed 6 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they caused a risk to patient health or safety. Finally, we also would like to point out that this facility received large government fines recently amounting to more than $100,000. This generally signifies that a bad track record spanned more than one year.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
All Saints Healthcare Subacute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In All Saints Healthcare Subacute, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In All Saints Healthcare Subacute, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In All Saints Healthcare Subacute, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that have sustained a UTI. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In All Saints Healthcare Subacute, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In All Saints Healthcare Subacute, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In All Saints Healthcare Subacute, 4.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In All Saints Healthcare Subacute, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In All Saints Healthcare Subacute, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Scores for North Hollywood, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? North Hollywood, California has 5 other nursing homes
- Pacifica Hospital of the ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 2.28 miles away9449 San Fernando Rd Sun Valley California 91352Proprietary(818) 767-3310
- Sherman Oaks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.67 miles away4929 Van Nuys Blvd Sherman Oaks California 91403Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 981-7111
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 5.08 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Providence Holy Cross Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away15031 Rinaldi St Mission Hills California 91346Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 365-8051
- Northridge Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.21 miles away18300 Roscoe Blvd Northridge California 91325Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 885-8500
- Providence Tarzana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.43 miles away18321 Clark Street Tarzana California 91356Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 881-0800
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 8.69 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Lac/Olive View-Ucla Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.78 miles away14445 Olive View Drive Sylmar California 91342Voluntary non-profit - Other(818) 364-1555
- Davita-North Hollywood Dialysis1.54 miles away12126 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood California 91606CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (818) 980-5070
- Laurel Canyon Dialysis, LLC1.71 miles away8987 Laurel Canyon Blvd. Sun Valley California 91352CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (818) 771-9950
- u.s. Renal Care Van Nuys Dialysis3.15 miles away14624 Sherman Way, Suite 106 Van Nuys California 91405CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (818) 994-2333
- Davita Van Nuys Dialysis3.28 miles away14434 Sherman Way Van Nuys California 91405Dialysis Stations: 37 (818) 787-8225
- u.s. Renal Care Panorama City Dialysis3.47 miles away14600 Roscoe Blvd. Panorama City California 91402CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 901-9822
- Davita-Valley Dialysis Center3.81 miles away6840 Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 101 Van Nuys California 91405CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (818) 779-1450
- Fmc-Van Nuys4.17 miles away14812 Oxnard Street Van Nuys California 91411CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 781-7888
- Davita-Burbank Dialysis4.29 miles away1211 N. San Fernando Blvd. Burbank California 91504CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 842-5576