Alice Manor Convalescent Hospital is a small nursing home located in Fowler, California. This nursing home proved to be a middle of the road facility, with an overall grade of C. Based on our assessment, this nursing home has some redeeming qualities. The best part of this place's profile was its exemplary nursing grade. Nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alice Manor Convalescent Hospital
- Nursing Home
Updated May 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Alice Manor Convalescent Hospital has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Fowler senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
On top of receiving a great overall score, this nursing home really excelled in nursing, where it received an A. Nursing scores are tied to quality and quantity of nursing care. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we awarded this facility a grade of B+ in our short-term care category. This is one of our more favorable scores. In crafting our short-term care scores, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Alice Manor Convalescent Hospital?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed is long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a B-. In determining these long-term care scores, we assess the facility's personal care services. Once we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this nursing home vaccinated only 25.657894 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Fortunately, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Turning the last category of inspections, this facility did not fare well. Sadly, it received an F in this category. This pulled this facility's overall grade down as we heavily weight this category. With places that received this poor of an inspection rating, we recommend scrutinizing any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This particular facility had one category G through L deficiency, which are among the more severe deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies uncovered by the government inspectors had potential to pose actual harm to residents. Finally, this facility also received 3 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alice Manor Convalescent Hospital Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alice Manor Convalescent Hospital, 3.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alice Manor Convalescent Hospital, 1.97% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term residents which had falls resulting in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alice Manor Convalescent Hospital, 0.66% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alice Manor Convalescent Hospital, 36.21% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alice Manor Convalescent Hospital, 27.03% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alice Manor Convalescent Hospital, 2.11% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alice Manor Convalescent Hospital, 52.11% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alice Manor Convalescent Hospital, 9.86% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alice Manor Convalescent Hospital, 19.22% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alice Manor Convalescent Hospital, 19.22% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
- Community Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.1 miles away2823 Fresno Street Fresno California 93721Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 459-6000
- Clovis Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.17 miles away2755 Herndon Ave Clovis California 93611Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 324-4000
- Saint Agnes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.87 miles away1303 E Herndon Ave Fresno California 93710Voluntary non-profit - Church(559) 450-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FresnoAcute Care Hospitals 16.68 miles away7300 North Fresno St Fresno California 93720Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 448-4500
- Valley Children's HospitalChildrens 19.69 miles away9300 Valley Childrens Place Madera California 93636Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 353-5116
- Selma Dialysis Center4.3 miles away2711 Cinema Way #111 Selma California 93662CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (559) 891-2750
- Sanger Sequoia Dialysis Center6.1 miles away2517 Jensen Avenue Building B Sanger California 93657CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (559) 876-3852
- Fmc Fresno Airport East10.5 miles away1899 North Helm Ave Suite 101 Fresno California 93727Dialysis Stations: 24 (559) 452-1480
- Ash Tree Dialysis11.05 miles away2666 North Grove Industrial Drive Suite 106 Fresno California 93727CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (559) 251-1919
- Bma of Central Valley Rural Dialysis11.14 miles away810 E. Manning Ave Reedley California 93654Dialysis Stations: 17 (559) 637-1676
- Community Dialysis Center11.19 miles away215 North Fresno Street Suite 150 Fresno California 93701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (559) 459-3901
- San Joaquin Valley Dialysis12.84 miles away3636 North First #144 Fresno California 93726CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (559) 221-6311
- Community Dialysis Center - Clovis14.38 miles away501 North Medical Center Dr East, Suite 1100 Clovis California 93611Dialysis Stations: 12 (559) 324-4030