Alhambra Healthcare & Wellness Centre is an average-sized nursing home in Alhambra, California. Sporting an overall score of D, this is a well below average facility. This place seems to have very little working in its favor. The only positive thing we can really say about this facility is that it did not receive any F's in in any of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alhambra Healthcare & Wellness Centre
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Alhambra senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this facility favorably overall, we want to point out its relatively favorable health inspections in recent years. We gave it a B in this area, which is much better than its overall score. Our inspection grades weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid places with too many deficiencies flagged. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second most favorable category was long-term care. We gave it a C in this area. This is essentially a slightly below average grade in this category. In computing our long-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's personal care services. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.638985 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable statistic. This place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Alhambra Healthcare & Wellness Centre?
Short-term Care Quality
As it turns out, this facility only received a D for its short-term care rating, which is not one of our better scores. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Based on its weak score in this area, we were not surprised to discover that this nursing home offers far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most facilities. The final item we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.4 percent of its residents returning home.
This facility's worst area is nursing, which is the final category we looked at. In this area, we gave this nursing home a grade of just D. The nursing score analyzes a handful of data points, however, the primary one is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This place fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these metrics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alhambra Healthcare & Wellness Centre Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alhambra Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 11.11% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alhambra Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 3.97% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alhambra Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 0.92% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents that have suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric may be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alhambra Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 8.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many medical conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alhambra Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 9.63% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alhambra Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 21.77% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alhambra Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 99.82% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alhambra Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 8.79% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alhambra Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 10.35% of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term residents that remained mobile levels.
In Alhambra Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alhambra Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 10.35% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alhambra Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 11.71% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alhambra Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 79.57% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.31 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.57 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.55 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.35 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.35 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 5.5 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.41 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- Fmc-San Gabriel Dialysis Center1.42 miles away1801 W. Valley Blvd., Suite 102 Alhambra California 91803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (626) 457-9002
- Fmc-San Gabriel Valley Pd Clinic1.42 miles away1801 W. Valley Blvd., Suite 204 Alhambra California 91803Dialysis Stations: 6 (626) 457-6540
- Davita-Garfield Hemodialysis Center1.6 miles away118 Hilliard Avenue Monterey Park California 91754CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (626) 288-5796
- Fmc-Alhambra1.72 miles away2300 W. Valley Blvd. Alhambra California 91803Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 458-4726
- Rosemead Dialysis Center1.74 miles away7403 Hellman Avenue Rosemead California 91770Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 280-6161
- San Gabriel Nephrology Services, LLC1.85 miles away801 S. San Gabriel Blvd. San Gabriel California 91776CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (626) 285-1830
- u.s. Renal Care Rosemead Dialysis2.24 miles away3100 Del Mar Avenue Rosemead California 91770CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 288-7860
- Fmc-Arroyo Dialysis Center3.21 miles away1111 S. Arroyo Parkway, Suite 150 Pasadena California 91105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 441-9500