Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center is a small nursing home in Saint Petersburg, Florida. This nursing home was given an overall score of B+. This is ranked among the fifteen best nursing homes facilities in Saint Petersburg. You can certainly do much worse than this nursing home. If you look further down this page, you can see this place's category scores, which are also strong.
Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall score, we gave this facility an A- for the area of inspections. Our inspection grades are tied to many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility fared well in the category of short-term care. Indeed, we gave it a score of A- for that area, which is one of our highest grades. Our short-term care grades are presumably most critical for patients requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Among this facility's other strengths is its elite nursing grade. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A-. The nursing score features a host of datapoints. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Florida in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving patients even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed is long-term care, in which this nursing home was awarded a B. This nursing home proved to be strong in all areas we analyzed. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care typically provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who have suffered falls which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.33% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 94.94% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that maintained mobility. Some would argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 26 other nursing homes
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.93 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.98 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.63 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 6.79 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.55 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Pinellas West Shore Dialysis1.4 miles away3451 66th Street N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Dialysis Stations: 12 (727) 345-8389
- Seminole Dialysis Center3.18 miles away6450 Seminole Blvd Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 393-5551
- Lake Seminole Dialysis3.63 miles away10799 Park Blvd North Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 319-0180
- Fmc - Pinellas Park4.34 miles away7910 Us Hwy 19n Pinellas Park Florida 33781CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (727) 544-5916
- St Petersburg South Dialysis4.58 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg4.79 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- Rai Care Centers - Largo4.93 miles away12505 Starkey Rd Suite B Largo Florida 33773Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 531-8227
- St Petersburg Dialysis6.04 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029