Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center is a small nursing home in Saint Petersburg, Florida. This nursing home was given an overall score of B. This is ranked among the fifteen best nursing homes facilities in Saint Petersburg. You can certainly do much worse than this nursing home. If you look further down this page, you can see this place's category scores, which are also strong.
Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall score, we gave this facility an A- for the area of inspections. Our inspection grades are tied to many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Nursing ratings are primarily associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our third category, this facility also received a score of B for its short-term care rating. This is an above average score in this category. Short-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who returned home from this facility. We found that 5 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was long-term care, in which we awarded it a favorable grade of B. This nursing home really doesn't have any weak spots. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the elderly population. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who have suffered from a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.43% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 94.61% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels. Many argue that mobility is important for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 26 other nursing homes
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.93 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.98 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.63 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 6.79 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.55 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Pinellas West Shore Dialysis1.4 miles away3451 66th Street N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Dialysis Stations: 12 (727) 345-8389
- Seminole Dialysis Center3.18 miles away6450 Seminole Blvd Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 393-5551
- Lake Seminole Dialysis3.63 miles away10799 Park Blvd North Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 319-0180
- Fmc - Pinellas Park4.34 miles away7910 Us Hwy 19n Pinellas Park Florida 33781CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (727) 544-5916
- St Petersburg South Dialysis4.58 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg4.79 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- Rai Care Centers - Largo4.93 miles away12505 Starkey Rd Suite B Largo Florida 33773Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 531-8227
- St Petersburg Dialysis6.04 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029