Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center is a small nursing home in Saint Petersburg, Florida. This is a good facility with a B overall. This was right in line with the city grade in Saint Petersburg. You can certainly do much worse than this place. Finally, we wanted to point out that there was an ownership change at this facility in the last 12 months. We will need to make sure it maintains its high grades going forward.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Saint Petersburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place is a strong facility is that it received a very impressive inspection score. In fact, inspections is its best category. In that category, we awarded this facility an A-. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a favorable short-term care score. In fact, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this category. In calculating our short-term care grades, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to devise a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home received an impressive long-term care score as well. We awarded it one of our higher grades in that area with a grade of B. Facilities that do well in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.386505 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The next area we graded was nursing. We gave this nursing home one of our better grades in this category, with a B. This facility ended up being very solid in each category we looked at. We looked at the licensure of nurses employed by the facility, as well as the number of hours the nurses worked with patients, in determining our score in this area. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.53% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 95.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alhambra Health and Rehabilitation Center, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 15 other nursing homes
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.93 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.98 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.63 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 6.79 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.55 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Pinellas West Shore Dialysis1.4 miles away3451 66th Street N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Dialysis Stations: 12 (727) 345-8389
- Seminole Dialysis Center3.18 miles away6450 Seminole Blvd Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 393-5551
- Lake Seminole Dialysis3.63 miles away10799 Park Blvd North Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 319-0180
- Fmc - Pinellas Park4.34 miles away7910 Us Hwy 19n Pinellas Park Florida 33781CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (727) 544-5916
- St Petersburg South Dialysis4.58 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg4.79 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- Rai Care Centers - Largo4.93 miles away12505 Starkey Rd Suite B Largo Florida 33773Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 531-8227
- St Petersburg Dialysis6.04 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029