With an address in Cleveland, Ohio, Algart Health Care is one of 48 options in the city. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A score in this range requires some solid marks. This facility seems to have a few things going for it. You should also take a look at this nursing home's category grades below. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Algart Health Care
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
8902 Detroit Ave,
Cleveland OH 44102
95.55% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This place fared well in our long-term care category. We awarded it a grade of A for that area. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 93.84615 percent of its patients. This is slightly less than we anticipated but still a respectable percentage. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Inspections is another area where this facility excelled. In fact, we awarded this facility an A for our inspections category. This is far more impressive than its overall grade. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This place was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to create an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Algart Health Care?
Short-term Care Quality
As it turns out, this facility only received a grade of D for its short-term care grade, which is well below average in this category. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to assess a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation In order to have highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. It appears that this facility was subpar in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the measures we assessed. The last metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home. This was quite a bit below average.
The next area we analyzed was nursing. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in the area of nursing, leaving this as the facility's weakest category grade. The nursing grade considers several subcategories. The most important one is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This particular nursing home offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This number is well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This facility performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Algart Health Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Algart Health Care, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Algart Health Care, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that suffered falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Algart Health Care, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents who sustained a UTI. UTI's may be a sign of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Algart Health Care, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term stay patients which are given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Algart Health Care, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Algart Health Care, 20.26% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Algart Health Care, 90.12% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Algart Health Care, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Algart Health Care, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is critical to patients health.
In Algart Health Care, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Algart Health Care, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.13 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.85 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 7.4 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Davita - Detroit Road Dialysis0.36 miles away7901 Detroit Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44102Dialysis Stations: 23 (216) 961-6498
- Fmc - Lakewood Ohio Dialysis2.22 miles away13900 Detroit Avenue Lakewood Ohio 44107Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 221-3034
- Fmc - Farnsworth Dialysis2.56 miles away3280 W 25th St Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (216) 739-0500
- Community Dialysis Center2.58 miles away3330 West 25th Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 741-5776
- Davita - St Vincent Quadrangle Dialysis3.91 miles away2302 Community College Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44115Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 574-4805
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis4 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Davita - Hilliard Dialysis4.61 miles away19133 Hilliard Blvd Rocky River Ohio 44116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (216) 712-4700
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West5.92 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451