Algart Health Care is one of several available nursing homes to choose from in Cleveland, Ohio. Sporting an overall score of B, this facility turned out to be a slightly superior option to many of the facilities in Cleveland. This facility truly has plenty going for it. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Algart Health Care
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Cleveland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall performance, we awarded this place a grade of A+ for the area of inspections. Our inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area typically have few severe deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to this facility's list of accomplishments, it also was given a very favorable long-term care score. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Nursing homes that do well in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 98.540146 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia can be a dangerous illness for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Algart Health Care?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of D. This is nowhere near as high as its other category scores. Indeed, this is not a very good grade. In computing our short-term care ratings, we assess a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This category is often a reliable measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The last metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics sunk this nursing home's short-term care grade.
The last category we analyzed was nursing. We gave this facility a grade of D for nursing, leaving this as the nursing home's weakest grade. The nursing rating includes several subcategories. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. With just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day, this place's nurse staffing levels were well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This facility performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Algart Health Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Algart Health Care, 0.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients who suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Algart Health Care, 6.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Algart Health Care, 1.46% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percent of long-term care patients which have sustained a UTI. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Algart Health Care, 4.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Algart Health Care, 29.62% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Algart Health Care, 0.79% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Algart Health Care, 98.57% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Algart Health Care, 6% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Algart Health Care, 2.29% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Algart Health Care, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Algart Health Care, 2.29% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 24 other nursing homes
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.13 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.85 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 7.4 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Davita - Detroit Road Dialysis0.36 miles away7901 Detroit Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44102Dialysis Stations: 23 (216) 961-6498
- Fmc - Lakewood Ohio Dialysis2.22 miles away13900 Detroit Avenue Lakewood Ohio 44107Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 221-3034
- Fmc - Farnsworth Dialysis2.56 miles away3280 W 25th St Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (216) 739-0500
- Community Dialysis Center2.58 miles away3330 West 25th Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 741-5776
- Davita - St Vincent Quadrangle Dialysis3.91 miles away2302 Community College Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44115Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 574-4805
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis4 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Davita - Hilliard Dialysis4.61 miles away19133 Hilliard Blvd Rocky River Ohio 44116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (216) 712-4700
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West5.92 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451