With an address in Cleveland, Ohio, Algart Health Care is one of 48 options in the city. This is a good nursing home with a B- overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Cleveland. This facility has a few things working in its favor. You should also take a look at this nursing home's category grades below. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Algart Health Care
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We want to point out that this nursing home earned a much better grade for long-term care than it did overall. we gave it one of our best grades in that area with an A. In a long-term care environment, the primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 92.85714 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be somewhat lower than we anticipated but still a decent percentage. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Inspections is another area where this facility excelled. We gave this nursing home an A for our inspections rating. This score is far more impressive than its overall score. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Algart Health Care?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of short-term care, this nursing home received just a D in this area. Our short-term care ratings are meaningful for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional skilled nursing. This means a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we learned that this facility offers less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most facilities. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This nursing home's least impressive area was nursing, which is the final category we analyzed. We gave it an F for this area. In spite of some acceptable grades in other categories, this score is still disappointing so we would like to to make sure you are aware. The nursing rating includes several components, but the paramount consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Algart Health Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Algart Health Care, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Algart Health Care, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Algart Health Care, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Algart Health Care, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Algart Health Care, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Algart Health Care, 20% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some believe this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Algart Health Care, 90.19% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Algart Health Care, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Algart Health Care, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Some believe that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental health.
In Algart Health Care, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Algart Health Care, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Algart Health Care, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.13 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.85 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 7.4 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Davita - Detroit Road Dialysis0.36 miles away7901 Detroit Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44102Dialysis Stations: 23 (216) 961-6498
- Fmc - Lakewood Ohio Dialysis2.22 miles away13900 Detroit Avenue Lakewood Ohio 44107Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 221-3034
- Fmc - Farnsworth Dialysis2.56 miles away3280 W 25th St Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (216) 739-0500
- Community Dialysis Center2.58 miles away3330 West 25th Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 741-5776
- Davita - St Vincent Quadrangle Dialysis3.91 miles away2302 Community College Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44115Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 574-4805
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis4 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Davita - Hilliard Dialysis4.61 miles away19133 Hilliard Blvd Rocky River Ohio 44116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (216) 712-4700
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West5.92 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451