Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village is in the large metropolitan area of Saint Louis, Missouri. This is a fine nursing home. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a quality grade. If you take a look at the other options in Saint Louis, we suspect you will find this nursing home to be a better option than most of the nursing homes in the city. The best part of this place's profile is is its short-term care grade. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Saint Louis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home fared well in short-term care. In fact, we awarded it an impressive grade of A- for that category. In determining our short-term care grades, we scrutinize a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is often a useful measure of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a favorable long-term care score. Indeed, we gave it an above average score of B+ in this area. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care grades. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 93.625496 percent of its patients, which is slightly less than we expected. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. Nursing scores are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning a patient at least once a day.
In the final area we looked at, we found that this nursing home earned a solid inspection report this year as well, with few major dings from government inspectors. It earned a decent grade in our inspection category with a grade of B-. This nursing home didn't have any major weaknesses. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. A couple relatively minor dings are not necessarily something to panic about.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 9.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 3.29% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 20.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 5.4% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 86.07% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 15.8% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 13.34% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 13.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 13.27 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 71.67% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 22 other nursing homes
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 4.39 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.34 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 6.94 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.06 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.6 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 9.24 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 10.88 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- South Towne Square Dialysis Clinic2.05 miles away11107 South Towne Square Saint Louis Missouri 63123CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (314) 894-3400
- South County Dialysis Center2.48 miles away4145 Union Road Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 894-1851
- Shrewsbury Dialysis3.54 miles away7303 Watson Road Suite 7 Saint Louis Missouri 63119CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 832-2461
- Crestwood Dialysis4.51 miles away9560 Watson Road Suite A Saint Louis Missouri 63126Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 842-0322
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis4.6 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979
- Home Dialysis South4.62 miles away5201 Mid America Plaza Suite 2200 Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 286-0770
- Fmc - Tesson Ferry Dialysis5.31 miles away13134 Tesson Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 843-7390
- Rai Care Center -Hampton5.41 miles away2635 Hampton Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 646-1717