Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village is in the large metropolitan area of Saint Louis, Missouri. This is a fine nursing home. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a quality grade. If you take a look at the other options in Saint Louis, we suspect you will find this nursing home to be a better option than most of the nursing homes in the city. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home fared well in short-term care. In fact, we awarded it an impressive grade of A- for that category. In determining our short-term care grades, we scrutinize a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is often a useful measure of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. Nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an B+. The nursing rating weighs many subcategories. The most important factor is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village?
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings are tied to many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. A few relatively minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we rated is long-term care. In this category, we gave this facility a C. In crafting these long-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. One of the criteria we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 96.92307 percent of its residents. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic may be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents that were prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 4.11% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 88.89% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Some experts would argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ascension Living Sherbrooke Village, 72.5% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 4.39 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.34 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 6.94 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.06 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.6 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 9.24 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 10.88 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- South Towne Square Dialysis Clinic2.05 miles away11107 South Towne Square Saint Louis Missouri 63123CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (314) 894-3400
- South County Dialysis Center2.48 miles away4145 Union Road Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 894-1851
- Shrewsbury Dialysis3.54 miles away7303 Watson Road Suite 7 Saint Louis Missouri 63119CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 832-2461
- Crestwood Dialysis4.51 miles away9560 Watson Road Suite A Saint Louis Missouri 63126Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 842-0322
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis4.6 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979
- Home Dialysis South4.62 miles away5201 Mid America Plaza Suite 2200 Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 286-0770
- Fmc - Tesson Ferry Dialysis5.31 miles away13134 Tesson Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 843-7390
- Rai Care Center -Hampton5.41 miles away2635 Hampton Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 646-1717