Alexandria Care Center turns out to be just one of 35 facilities located in Los Angeles, California. This city has quite a few more options to choose from than most other cities in the state. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of C. A grade in this range requires some solid scores. In our view, this facility ought to be a good fit for most people. This nursing home is better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alexandria Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Los Angeles senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
It should also be noted that this facility's nursing grade outpaced its overall rating. In fact, we gave it a grade of B for its nursing grade, which is one of our better scores. The nursing grade consists of several components, many of which are based on nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Shockingly, this nursing home actually received a good grade in the area of inspections as well. In fact, we gave it a grade of B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 12 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about Alexandria Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next best area came in the area of short-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a C. Our short-term care scores are crucial for prospective residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
Our last category is long-term care, where we gave this nursing home a grade of C in that area. For patients looking for a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alexandria Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alexandria Care Center, 11.04% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alexandria Care Center, 0.97% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alexandria Care Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alexandria Care Center, 4.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alexandria Care Center, 8.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alexandria Care Center, 0.21% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alexandria Care Center, 100% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alexandria Care Center, 6.68% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alexandria Care Center, 7.31% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Alexandria Care Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alexandria Care Center, 7.31% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alexandria Care Center, 3.72% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alexandria Care Center, 75.13% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 34 other nursing homes
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.42 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 0.43 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 1.55 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.87 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.03 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 4.44 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 4.7 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Davita-Hollywood Dialysis Center0.43 miles away5108 Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 913-4010
- Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles1.62 miles awayDivision of Nephrology (Dialysis) 4650 Sunset Blvd., Box 40 Los Angeles California 90027Dialysis Stations: 10 (323) 361-4788
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Sunset1.62 miles awayDialysis Unit 4700 Sunset Blvd., 2nd Floor Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 783-5580
- Davita-Silver Lake Dialysis2.04 miles away2723 W. Temple St Los Angeles California 90026CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (213) 480-3039
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of Mid-Wilshire2.55 miles away3545 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 100-103 Los Angeles California 90010CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 382-8864
- u.s. Renal Care Downtown Los Angeles Dialysis2.65 miles away2511 W 3rd Street, Suite 120 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 24 (213) 487-7730
- St. Vincent Dialysis Center, Inc.2.84 miles away201 S. Alvarado Street, Suite 220 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 484-7425
- Davita-West Glendale Dialysis3.24 miles away1427 S. Glendale Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (818) 241-0016