Alexandria Care Center turns out to be just one of 75 facilities located in Los Angeles, California. This city has quite a few more options to choose from than most other cities in the state. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of C. A grade in this range requires some solid scores. In our view, this facility ought to be a good fit for most people. This nursing home is better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Alexandria Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
It should also be noted that this facility's nursing grade outpaced its overall rating. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ for its nursing grade, which is one of our better scores. The nursing grade consists of several components, many of which are based on nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This facilities second best category is short-term care. We awarded it a grade of B- in this area. This is essentially a middle of the pack score in this area. With our short-term care category, we endeavor to forge a fair barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess the facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its level of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The question is whether this adversely affected quality of care. The last item we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Alexandria Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of long-term care, with a grade of C. In calculating our long-term care scores, we look at the facility's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Turning to the final area of health inspections, we gave this nursing home a grade of C for our inspection category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite minor. This nursing home had 12 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but fortunately none were in any of the categories labeled J through L. This tells you the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to place resident health or safety in imminent harm or jeopardy. Overall, this inspection report certainly could be worse.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alexandria Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alexandria Care Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alexandria Care Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care residents which experienced falls which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alexandria Care Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who experienced urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alexandria Care Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care patients that were prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically required. However, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alexandria Care Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alexandria Care Center, 4.33% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alexandria Care Center, 95.72% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alexandria Care Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alexandria Care Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Alexandria Care Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alexandria Care Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alexandria Care Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alexandria Care Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 74 other nursing homes
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.42 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 0.43 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 1.55 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.87 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.03 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 4.44 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 4.7 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Davita-Hollywood Dialysis Center0.43 miles away5108 Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 913-4010
- Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles1.62 miles awayDivision of Nephrology (Dialysis) 4650 Sunset Blvd., Box 40 Los Angeles California 90027Dialysis Stations: 10 (323) 361-4788
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Sunset1.62 miles awayDialysis Unit 4700 Sunset Blvd., 2nd Floor Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 783-5580
- Davita-Silver Lake Dialysis2.04 miles away2723 W. Temple St Los Angeles California 90026CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (213) 480-3039
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of Mid-Wilshire2.55 miles away3545 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 100-103 Los Angeles California 90010CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 382-8864
- u.s. Renal Care Downtown Los Angeles Dialysis2.65 miles away2511 W 3rd Street, Suite 120 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 24 (213) 487-7730
- St. Vincent Dialysis Center, Inc.2.84 miles away201 S. Alvarado Street, Suite 220 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 484-7425
- Davita-West Glendale Dialysis3.24 miles away1427 S. Glendale Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (818) 241-0016