Alden Valley Ridge Rehab & Hcc is a very-large nursing home located in Bloomingdale, Illinois. This facility received a concerning overall grade of D based on the data we looked at. Unfortunately, this grade isn't too far off the city grade for Bloomingdale, which is a C. Nevertheless, you still ought to be able to find a better option If you aren't deterred by this facility's profile, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Alden Valley Ridge Rehab & Hcc
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this nursing home highly overall, we want to draw your attention to its nearly flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. It is typically in your best interest to avoid nursing homes that had too many severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of B- for that category, which is not a bad score. Nursing scores are mostly tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provides only 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a somewhat alarming figure as it is well below average. Finally, our nursing ratings also factor in quality-based metrics, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses to assist its patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Valley Ridge Rehab & Hcc?
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our long-term care grade. This is not one of our better scores. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in this category it is typically a bad sign for resident care and it may mean that the facility is not as well-staffed. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. Candidly, we were a bit concerned this nursing home vaccinated 81.056465 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is significantly below what we were hoping for. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best feature in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth area, we gave this nursing home a grade of D for our short-term care category. This is the facility's least impressive category rating. In our short-term care grade, we endeavor to craft a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Given its poor grade in this area, we weren't shocked to find that this nursing home provided far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 3 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Valley Ridge Rehab & Hcc Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden Valley Ridge Rehab & Hcc, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients which are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Valley Ridge Rehab & Hcc, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who experienced falls which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Valley Ridge Rehab & Hcc, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Valley Ridge Rehab & Hcc, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Valley Ridge Rehab & Hcc, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Valley Ridge Rehab & Hcc, 29.8% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Valley Ridge Rehab & Hcc, 87.49% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Valley Ridge Rehab & Hcc, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Valley Ridge Rehab & Hcc, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Alden Valley Ridge Rehab & Hcc, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Valley Ridge Rehab & Hcc, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Valley Ridge Rehab & Hcc, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Valley Ridge Rehab & Hcc, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 5.34 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.51 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 6.83 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.29 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.46 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.13 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 9.79 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.34 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Fmc - Glendale Heights Dialysis Center0.67 miles away130 E. Army Trail Road Glendale Heights Illinois 60139CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 924-7286
- Usrc - Villa Park Dialysis2.19 miles away200 E. North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 530-5237
- Davita - Geneva Crossings3.91 miles away546 S Schmale Road Carol Stream Illinois 60188Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 260-4086
- Dialyze Direct Il - Elk Grove4.48 miles away1014 Bonaventure Drive Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Dialysis Stations: 1 (847) 352-4711
- Usrc - Villa Park Home Therapies4.89 miles away202 East North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 415-3458
- Davita Salt Creek Dialysis4.92 miles away196 W. North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 279-3350
- Davita - Schaumburg Renal Center4.99 miles away1156 S. Roselle Rd. Schaumburg Illinois 60193CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (847) 524-4310
- Fmc - Elk Grove Dialysis Ctr5.13 miles away901 Biesterfield Road Ste 400 Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (847) 437-0824