Alden Park Strathmoor is one of a variety of options to choose from in Rockford, Illinois. This facility received an uninspiring overall grade of D in our grading scheme. This is not the worse place we looked at, but we would still struggle to recommend it. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection grade. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Alden Park Strathmoor
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
5668 Strathmoor Drive,
Rockford IL 61107
64.02% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this nursing home's overall grade, it received a very impressive inspection report this year. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with an A. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. It is typically in your best interest to avoid places that have a long list of deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. Nursing grades are primarily based on a facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 2.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also looked at some quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This nursing home was above average in two of the major statistics we focus on, with solid scores for minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Park Strathmoor?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's second lowest score was long-term care, where it received just a D in that category. This is a well below average score. For prospective residents looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to discover that this facility vaccinated 97.912315 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.84 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we scored was short-term care, where this facility was given a bottom of the barrel grade in this category as well. It received an F in this area, which is definitely very concerning. In forming these short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 42.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Park Strathmoor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden Park Strathmoor, 8.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Park Strathmoor, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Park Strathmoor, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Park Strathmoor, 18.2% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Park Strathmoor, 19.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Park Strathmoor, 29.52% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Park Strathmoor, 87.71% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Park Strathmoor, 14.14% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Park Strathmoor, 19.35% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Alden Park Strathmoor, 1.5 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Park Strathmoor, 19.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Park Strathmoor, 11.42 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Park Strathmoor, 71.34% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Rockford, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Rockford, Illinois has 11 other nursing homes
- Saint Anthony Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.24 miles away5666 East State Street Rockford Illinois 61108Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 226-2000
- Swedish American HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.46 miles away1401 East State Street Rockford Illinois 61104Voluntary non-profit - Other(815) 968-4400
- Mercyhealth Hospital Rockton AvenueAcute Care Hospitals 5.06 miles away2400 North Rockton Avenue Rockford Illinois 61103Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 968-6861
- Beloit Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.22 miles away1969 W Hart Rd Beloit Wisconsin 53511Voluntary non-profit - Private(608) 364-5011
- Davita - Roxbury Dialysis Center0.36 miles away622 Roxbury Road Rockford Illinois 61107CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (815) 397-0713
- Davita - Churchview Dialysis Center1.47 miles away417 Ware Avenue Rockford Illinois 61107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (815) 397-4123
- Davita - Stone Crest Dialysis3.55 miles away1302 E. State St. Rockford Illinois 61104CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 968-5794
- Davita - Rockford Dialysis5.41 miles away3339 N. Rockton Ave Rockford Illinois 61103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (815) 636-4493
- Davita - Machesney Park Dialysis5.66 miles away7170 N. Perryville Road Machesney Park Illinois 61115CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 885-8132
- Davita Forest City Dialysis7.15 miles away198 North Springfield Avenue Rockford Illinois 61101Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 962-8914
- Davita - Belvidere Dialysis7.31 miles away1751 Henry Luckow Lane Belvidere Illinois 61008Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 544-0311
- Beloit Health System - Dialysis19.36 miles away1969 W Hart Rd Beloit Wisconsin 53511Dialysis Stations: 18 (608) 364-5580