Alden of Waterford is an average-sized nursing home located in Aurora, Illinois. Sporting an overall score of B, this looks like a very respectable option. You can definitely do much worse than this facility. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive report card was its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alden of Waterford
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Aurora senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its favorable overall score, we gave this facility an A for the area of inspections. Inspection grades are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional strong feature for this nursing home is that it was given an impressive short-term care score. Indeed, this proved to be its second best category score. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. Our short-term care grade is often used to measure a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to provide highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden of Waterford?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Our nursing rating weighs several datapoints, however, the primary one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last area, we gave this facility a grade of D for the area of long-term care. This is the nursing home's least impressive category score. Sadly, this grade hurt the facility's overall grade to a certain degree. Nursing homes that don't fare well in long-term care typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine personal care we assessed. One of the factors we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Frankly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to only 79.39394 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.05 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden of Waterford Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden of Waterford, 8.93% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden of Waterford, 2.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that have had a fall leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden of Waterford, 1.26% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden of Waterford, 9.76% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden of Waterford, 13.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden of Waterford, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden of Waterford, 87.47% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden of Waterford, 6.58% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden of Waterford, 6.57% of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Alden of Waterford, 0.05 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden of Waterford, 6.57% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden of Waterford, 11.62% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden of Waterford, 94.4% of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.67 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.59 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.4 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.93 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.06 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.5 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Presence Saint Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.02 miles away333 N Madison St Joliet Illinois 60435Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 725-7133
- Fox Valley Dialysis Ltd0.41 miles away1300 Waterford Drive Aurora Illinois 60504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 236-1300
- Fkc - East Aurora2.7 miles away810 North Farnsworth Avenue Aurora Illinois 60505Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 585-1228
- Fmc - Aurora Dialysis Center4.33 miles away455 Mercy Lane Aurora Illinois 60506CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 892-7445
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center6.6 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295
- Fmc - Oswego6.68 miles away1051 Station Dr. Oswego Illinois 60543CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (630) 554-4783
- Fmc - Naperbrook7.09 miles away2451 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60565CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 428-9769
- Fmc - Plainfield North8.83 miles away24024 West Riverwalk Ct Plainfield Illinois 60544Dialysis Stations: 10 (815) 577-2898
- Fmc - Dupage West9.39 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356