With an address in Skokie, Illinois, Alden North Shore Rehab & Hcc is one of just two available facilities in this area. This facility appears to be among the higher-graded facilities we looked at. A score in this range requires high-end marks across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities in the nation. The best part of this nursing home's impressive profile is its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alden North Shore Rehab & Hcc
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Skokie senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong facility overall, it also earned A+ government inspections in recent years. Its inspections were nearly flawless. Our inspection scores account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this area generally have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was strong in the category of short-term care, where it received a grade of A. Not many facilities received a better grade in this category. Our short-term care ratings are arguably most critical for residents needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually mandates more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden North Shore Rehab & Hcc?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Our nursing score assesses the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of skill of those nurses and the amount of time spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth area, this facility received a decent long-term care grade. Even though this was not nearly as impressive as some of its other category grades, this is really not a terrible score. Our long-term care grade is often used to judge a nursing home's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a skilled nursing facility. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. Frankly, we were a bit alarmed this nursing home vaccinated 47.67442 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which happens to be quite a bit lower than average. Nevertheless, this facility excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden North Shore Rehab & Hcc Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden North Shore Rehab & Hcc, 1.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents which have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden North Shore Rehab & Hcc, 4.65% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents which have sustained a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden North Shore Rehab & Hcc, 5.06% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden North Shore Rehab & Hcc, 13.95% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden North Shore Rehab & Hcc, 8.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients that were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden North Shore Rehab & Hcc, 4.11% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden North Shore Rehab & Hcc, 71.91% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden North Shore Rehab & Hcc, 8.54% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden North Shore Rehab & Hcc, 4.19% of Residents
This is the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden North Shore Rehab & Hcc, 4.19% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden North Shore Rehab & Hcc, 8.05% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden North Shore Rehab & Hcc, 81.73% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.65 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.63 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.16 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 5.21 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 6.05 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC0.69 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis0.7 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis3.17 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis3.32 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Davita - Evanston Renal Center3.45 miles away1922 Dempster Street Evanston Illinois 60202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 869-5047
- Fmc - Rogers Park3.48 miles away2277 W Howard St Chicago Illinois 60645CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (773) 262-7147
- Davita Irving Park Dialysis3.85 miles away4323 N Pulaski Road Chicago Illinois 60641Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 279-8714
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston4.12 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436