With more than 25 facilities to choose from located in Chicago, Illinois, Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center is one of the multitude of options in the city. This is a decent facility, with an overall grade of B-. If you take a look at the other options in Chicago, we hope you will find this facility to be a more appealing option than most of the facilities in the city. This city simply does not have a great selection of nursing homes. One of the best aspects of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was decent, it really fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for that category, which is one of our best scores. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of long-term care, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- in that category. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 99.66102 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a life or death condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center?
Another strength of this nursing home is its favorable grade in nursing. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with an impressive grade of D. In determining a nursing home's nursing score, we look at the quantity of hours nurses are with patients and the levels of training of the nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's weakest category is short-term care, which is the last category we looked at. For this category, we gave this nursing home a D. Short-term care ratings are based on the facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. In this place's case, it looks like it provides fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the typical facility. The final item we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics sunk this facility's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents which have new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents which have experienced a fall which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 29.8% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some would argue this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 87.49% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 80 other nursing homes
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 0.35 miles away2900 North Lake Shore Drive Chicago Illinois 60657Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 665-3000
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.48 miles away836 West Wellington Avenue Chicago Illinois 60657Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 975-1600
- Thorek Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away850 W Irving Park Rd Chicago Illinois 60613Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 525-6780
- Louis a Weiss Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.1 miles away4646 N Marine Drive Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-8700
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 2.4 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 2.94 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Ann & Robert H Lurie Childrens Hospital of ChicagoChildrens 2.94 miles away225 E Chicago Ave, Box 140 Chicago Illinois 60611Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 227-4000
- Northwestern Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.07 miles away251 E Huron St Chicago Illinois 60611Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 926-2000
- Fmc - West Willow1.89 miles away1444 W. Willow St. Chicago Illinois 60642Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 772-4079
- Fmc - Na Lakeview Dialysis2.05 miles away4008 North Broadway Ave., Suite 1200 Chicago Illinois 60613Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 248-3105
- Davita - Lincoln Park Nephrology Assn, Sc2.1 miles away2484 N. Elston Ave Chicago Illinois 60647CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (773) 278-4403
- Davita - Childrens Dialysis Center2.16 miles away1333 N. Kingsbury Street Chicago Illinois 60642Dialysis Stations: 8 (312) 642-2631
- Fmc - Uptown2.19 miles away4700 N. Marine Drive, Suite 204 Chicago Illinois 60640CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (773) 989-8082
- Fmc - Northcenter Dialysis2.76 miles away2620 W. Addison St. Chicago Illinois 60618CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 248-0462
- Nephron Dialysis Center, Ltd.3 miles away5140 N. California Ave. Suite 510 Chicago Illinois 60625Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 293-2100
- Fmc - Northwestern3.32 miles away710 N Fairbanks Ct/Olson Pavillion/Ste # 4 -200 Chicago Illinois 60611CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (312) 274-0202