With more than 25 facilities to choose from located in Chicago, Illinois, Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center is one of the multitude of options in the city. This is a decent facility, with an overall grade of C. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Chicago, which admittedly is admittedly a little below average nationally. One of the best aspects of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this place really excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A+. Few facilities performed better in this category. Our inspection grades are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Based on this, we still had a generally favorable view of this facility's recent inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's second highest area ended up being its long-term care grade, where it received a B-. In our long-term care category, we focus on the volume of services provided by a nursing home, as well as a series of quality statistics. Once we concluded our assessment of the volume of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. We were optimistic to discover that this facility vaccinates 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center?
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a solid score in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a C. Our short-term care grade is often used to grade a facility's performance with rehabilitation To offer quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than a typical facility. The hope is always that this does not adversely impact the quality of care. The last item we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
This nursing home's worst area was nursing, which is the last category we analyzed. In this area, we gave this facility a grade of D. Our nursing grade is largely based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This place averaged only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is well below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 30.45% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 87.4% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is critical to residents' physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Loln Rehab & H C Center, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 80 other nursing homes
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 0.35 miles away2900 North Lake Shore Drive Chicago Illinois 60657Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 665-3000
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.48 miles away836 West Wellington Avenue Chicago Illinois 60657Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 975-1600
- Thorek Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away850 W Irving Park Rd Chicago Illinois 60613Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 525-6780
- Louis a Weiss Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.1 miles away4646 N Marine Drive Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-8700
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 2.4 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 2.94 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Ann & Robert H Lurie Childrens Hospital of ChicagoChildrens 2.94 miles away225 E Chicago Ave, Box 140 Chicago Illinois 60611Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 227-4000
- Northwestern Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.07 miles away251 E Huron St Chicago Illinois 60611Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 926-2000
- Fmc - West Willow1.89 miles away1444 W. Willow St. Chicago Illinois 60642Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 772-4079
- Fmc - Na Lakeview Dialysis2.05 miles away4008 North Broadway Ave., Suite 1200 Chicago Illinois 60613Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 248-3105
- Davita - Lincoln Park Nephrology Assn, Sc2.1 miles away2484 N. Elston Ave Chicago Illinois 60647CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (773) 278-4403
- Davita - Childrens Dialysis Center2.16 miles away1333 N. Kingsbury Street Chicago Illinois 60642Dialysis Stations: 8 (312) 642-2631
- Fmc - Uptown2.19 miles away4700 N. Marine Drive, Suite 204 Chicago Illinois 60640CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (773) 989-8082
- Fmc - Northcenter Dialysis2.76 miles away2620 W. Addison St. Chicago Illinois 60618CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 248-0462
- Nephron Dialysis Center, Ltd.3 miles away5140 N. California Ave. Suite 510 Chicago Illinois 60625Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 293-2100
- Fmc - Northwestern3.32 miles away710 N Fairbanks Ct/Olson Pavillion/Ste # 4 -200 Chicago Illinois 60611CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (312) 274-0202