Alden Estates of Skokie is a small nursing home located in Skokie, Illinois. This is an A+ rated facility. Receiving an A+ in our grading system takes first-rate performance across the board. Indeed, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it as the top facility in Skokie. As you can see below, this facility performed equally well in our category scores. We give this place two thumbs up!
Alden Estates of Skokie
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Skokie, Illinois Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Skokie, Illinois Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Skokie, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home earned near flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an A+ in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home received superb marks in the area of short-term care. Consequently, it received one of our best grades in that category with a grade of A+. In the area of short-term care, we seek to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Estates of Skokie?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next category, this facility was awarded a top-shelf long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a score of A in that area. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is much higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In the last area, we gave this facility an A+ for its nursing score. This completed an elite profile. Our nursing grade focuses on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Illinois in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving a resident even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Estates of Skokie Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Estates of Skokie, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who have sustained a fall which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Estates of Skokie, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who have sustained UTI's. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Estates of Skokie, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents that are given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Estates of Skokie, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term care residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Estates of Skokie, 30.45% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Estates of Skokie, 87.4% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Estates of Skokie, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Estates of Skokie, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Estates of Skokie, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Estates of Skokie, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Estates of Skokie, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Skokie, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Skokie, Illinois has 4 other nursing homes
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 3.06 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.98 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.61 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.25 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.44 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 7.18 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 7.92 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.19 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis0.93 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston1.32 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436
- Davita - Evanston Renal Center2.64 miles away1922 Dempster Street Evanston Illinois 60202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 869-5047
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC3.35 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis3.74 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Fmc - Rogers Park4.12 miles away2277 W Howard St Chicago Illinois 60645CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (773) 262-7147
- Glen Dialysis4.7 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Niles4.73 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334