Alden Estates of Skokie is a small nursing home located in Skokie, Illinois. This is an A rated facility. This facility received one of the best ratings we offer. A score in this range requires top-notch scores across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top ten percent of all nursing homes in the United States. As you can see below, this facility also performed well in our category scores. It would be hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alden Estates of Skokie
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Skokie senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Skokie, Illinois Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Skokie, Illinois Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Skokie, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively minor. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional reason we assessed this nursing home so highly is that it was given an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as elite as it gets in this category. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Estates of Skokie?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our third area, we awarded this facility a score of A for its long-term care grade. This is a very impressive grade. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In the last area, this nursing home also was awarded a first-rate nursing rating, with a B+. This rounded out a very impressive profile. In determining our nursing ratings, we look at both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Estates of Skokie Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Estates of Skokie, 15% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who sustained falls leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing grades.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Estates of Skokie, 0% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Estates of Skokie, 100% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Estates of Skokie, 9.34% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Estates of Skokie, 97.69% of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 3.06 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.98 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.61 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.25 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.44 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 7.18 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 7.92 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.19 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis0.93 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston1.32 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436
- Davita - Evanston Renal Center2.64 miles away1922 Dempster Street Evanston Illinois 60202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 869-5047
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC3.35 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis3.74 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Fmc - Rogers Park4.12 miles away2277 W Howard St Chicago Illinois 60645CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (773) 262-7147
- Glen Dialysis4.7 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Niles4.73 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334