Alden Estates of Shorewood is the only facility located in Shorewood, Illinois. Sporting an overall score of B+, this facility should work for most prospective patients. This place definitely has plenty going for it. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home didn't have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alden Estates of Shorewood
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Shorewood senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Radiation Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ inspection score. This grade is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can offer a facility. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area usually have very few severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so well is that it was given a strong short-term care grade. Indeed, short-term care turned out to be its second most favorable category score. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a score of A. In calculating our short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is often a reliable assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 5.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Estates of Shorewood?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. This wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, but a grade in this range is not the end of the world. Our nursing grade assesses the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of training of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally an indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored is long-term care, where this nursing home was given a C. This proved to be this nursing home's worst category. This is nevertheless not a terrible score. For prospective residents looking for a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. One of the statistics we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 92.78351 percent of its patients. Nevertheless, this nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Estates of Shorewood Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden Estates of Shorewood, 17.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term stay patients that suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Estates of Shorewood, 7.22% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Estates of Shorewood, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Estates of Shorewood, 7.53% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Estates of Shorewood, 18.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Estates of Shorewood, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Estates of Shorewood, 90.62% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Estates of Shorewood, 12.36% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Estates of Shorewood, 10.18% of Residents
This is the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Alden Estates of Shorewood, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Estates of Shorewood, 10.18% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Estates of Shorewood, 11.11% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Estates of Shorewood, 95.06% of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Presence Saint Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.79 miles away333 N Madison St Joliet Illinois 60435Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 725-7133
- Silver Cross Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 11.45 miles away1900 Silver Cross Blvd New Lenox Illinois 60451Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 300-1100
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.82 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.63 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.91 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Morris Hospital & Healthcare CentersAcute Care Hospitals 16.21 miles away150 W High St Morris Illinois 60450Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 942-2932
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.43 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Fmc - Plainfield2.06 miles away2320 Michas Drive Plainfield Illinois 60586Dialysis Stations: 15 (815) 230-2267
- Davita - West Joliet2.36 miles away1051 Essington Road Suite 160 Joliet Illinois 60435CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (815) 725-3275
- Affiliated Dialysis of Joliet3.44 miles away1352 Houbolt Rd Joliet Illinois 60431Dialysis Stations: 1 (815) 630-5530
- Sun Health3.92 miles away2121 Oneida St Suite 104 Joliet Illinois 60435Dialysis Stations: 17 (815) 725-7886
- Fmc - Plainfield North5.77 miles away24024 West Riverwalk Ct Plainfield Illinois 60544Dialysis Stations: 10 (815) 577-2898
- Fmc - Joliet7.4 miles away721 East Jackson Street Joliet Illinois 60432CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (815) 726-8619
- Channahon Home Dialysis8.71 miles away27025 W. Eames Street Unit G Channahon Illinois 60410Dialysis Stations: 1 (815) 255-4635
- Davita - Renal Care Center New Lenox11.44 miles away1890 Silver Cross Blvd Suite 150 New Lenox Illinois 60451CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (815) 320-3049