Alden Estates of Orland Park is a large non-profit nursing home located in Orland Park, Illinois. With an overall rating of D, this is a subpar facility. Based on our assessment, this place likely isn't the best fit for most prospective residents. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, you can continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Alden Estates of Orland Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not very complementary of this nursing home's overall grade, it received a very impressive inspection report this year. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our best scores in that category with an A-. Arguably the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. It is typically in your best interest to avoid places that have too many severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a decent score in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a B-. Our short-term care grade is generally used to assess a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To provide highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. The critical question is whether this also affected quality of care. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Estates of Orland Park?
In addition, we gave this facility an F in the area of nursing care. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home offered only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This place fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these datapoints to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth area, this facility didn't perform well in this category either. With a bottom of the barrel grade of F in long-term care, this is just about as terrible as it gets. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 95.68528 percent of its patients, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Estates of Orland Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden Estates of Orland Park, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Estates of Orland Park, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care residents who had a fall which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Estates of Orland Park, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that suffered from a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Estates of Orland Park, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay residents that are administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Estates of Orland Park, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Estates of Orland Park, 29.8% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Estates of Orland Park, 87.49% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Estates of Orland Park, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Estates of Orland Park, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility. Some experts would argue that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Alden Estates of Orland Park, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Estates of Orland Park, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Estates of Orland Park, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Estates of Orland Park, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.77 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Silver Cross Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away1900 Silver Cross Blvd New Lenox Illinois 60451Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 300-1100
- Advocate South Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.43 miles away17800 S Kedzie Ave Hazel Crest Illinois 60429Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 799-8000
- Ingalls Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.13 miles away1 Ingalls Drive Harvey Illinois 60426Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 333-2300
- Advocate Christ Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.98 miles away4440 W 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 684-8000
- Little Company of Mary HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.33 miles away2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park Illinois 60805Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 422-6200
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Roseland Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.81 miles away45 W 111th Street Chicago Illinois 60628Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 995-3000
- Fmc - Orland Park1.47 miles away9160 W 159th Street Orland Park Illinois 60462Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 403-2790
- Davita - Palos Park Dialysis1.58 miles away13155 S. Lagrange Road Orland Park Illinois 60462Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 923-0928
- Davita - Tinley Park3.4 miles away16767 80th Ave. Tinley Park Illinois 60477Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 429-4738
- Fkc - Mokena Dialysis4.84 miles away8910 W. 192nd Street, Suite a & B Mokena Illinois 60448Dialysis Stations: 14 (708) 478-1815
- Fmc - Oak Forest5.23 miles away5340a W 159th Street Oak Forest Illinois 60452Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 535-0080
- Fmc - Crestwood6.69 miles away4815 Midlothian Turnpike Midlothian Illinois 60445CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 293-1665
- Concerto Dialysis6.96 miles away14255 S Cicero Ave Midlothian Illinois 60445Dialysis Stations: 9 (847) 233-1200
- Davita - Country Club Hills7.1 miles away4215 W 167th Street Country Club Hills Illinois 60478CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 206-1845